jeza

World Cup 2018

Starts in a little over 24 hours, I thought I would start up a thread for those interested (I hope there are some aside from me! Need more Arsenal fans on bis forums!)

Predicting England scrape with group stage and go out on pens in QF :). France, and Germany both look impeccably strong I think either will be there or there abouts?

Just now spain sacked their coach the day before the first game kicks off and two days before their first just because he announced he would manage Real next season....odd. 

Hoping for a Panama/Tunisia final.....with Panama taking the spoils. :drinking:

Sent from Scotland from a disgruntled, bitter, resentful, fed-up and former Tartan Army member.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1st post on here for awhile- Looking forward to it!

Thinking England may fare a little better having younger blood/not so oldstanding players?

Not the usual go to old guard!

Finally a real football game, between Spain and Portugal. Spain is still one of the 3 favourites with Brazil and Germany, and Portugal a dangerous outsider.

• Like 1

So well, watched France vs Australia. The French team didn't really know how to play together, and the Australian team didn't realy know what to do with the ball, so i didn't really know why i watched it. Argentina vs Island was quite the same, but both team were better somehow.

Yeah that Spain v Portual game had it all,  France vs Australia- the french started quite well showing a bit of promise then seemed to lose their way! but got the job done in the end.

Argentina vs Iceland- iceland are still surprising ppl. (would do a lil rant about Messi but...lol)

Given that hours before the Spain/Portugal game Ronaldo had to accept a suspended jail term and a £16M fine for tax evasion, his performance was just phenomenal. 

Ronaldo makes a good drama with scubadiving in the area to force a penalty, and 2 marvellous gifts given by a poor goalkeeper performance.

• Haha 1

Mexico was defending Fort Alamo for a change, and courageously kicked some World champion's a**.

• Like 1

That was an entertaining game and mexico deserved the victory.

Great game to watch, if mexico's final ball had been better could of been two or three and the germans were warned about that counter attack on three occasions before mexico scored, not the kind of defending you expect from them.

Great game between Russia and Egypt, the efficiency of the Russian team is quite a surprise to me, à la Greece 2004.

Host nation on a role can be hard to stop. 

Good game of Iran against my favourite for this WC. On a side note, nice to see those Iranian unveiled girl supporters, which haven't the right to attend football game in their own country.

I suppose a win is a win, however Spain were disappointing tonight, if Iran hadn't played so negatively in the first half, maybe a different outcome...

The game, what game? All I remember is this in stoppage time trying to get your team an equaliser...

• Haha 1

Yeah, it was a game but maybe not a football game. It even looked like Tetris once :whistle:

So well, we played 15 mn against Australia, now 30 mn against Peru, how many against Denmark ?

France flattering to deceive once again, but get the job done....makes you wonder what they could achieve if they applied themselves a little more.

Feel sorry for Peru, they deserved more from this game, shame to see them out, great fans and strip!  

Yeah Peru fans are great, shame about them going out I thought they equipped themselves well in both games.

Zero sympathy for Argentina playing no real midfielders and 5 attackers, the midfielders which were there were lazy and playing like that vs modric and rakatic you're gunna pay...

The game Argentina vs Croatia was a joy to watch, didn´t think we would crush them so thoroughly :D

What about Xhaka's goal, the ball was spinning like a top before he hit it, fantastic strike!....another quality game.