7erra

7erra's Editing Extensions

v2.3 - "Config Viewer 73" Update

+ "Config Viewer 73": Adds a modern UI for browsing configs

This is one of my favourite additions so far. The idea had been there for a longer time but now I was finally able to pull it off. There are still some functionalities missing such as config inheritance. I will be working on adding other options to access the config viewer (shortcut in 3den, escape menu) as you can only access it via the toolbar in 3den atm.

• Thanks 2

7erra, could the watch fields output be made smaller? I've got quite a few and they begin to get in the way. I promise not to ban you from TS 🙂

• Haha 1

@Tankbuster Hmm that's a though one. Unfortunately there is no way to manipulate the text height of a control outside of its config. All I can say is that the whole debug console scales with the ui size, so setting it to small or very small will actually give you more space for commands but will also make all other ui elements smaller.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7erra said:

@Tankbuster Hmm that's a though one. Unfortunately there is no way to manipulate the text height of a control outside of its config. All I can say is that the whole debug console scales with the ui size, so setting it to small or very small will actually give you more space for commands but will also make all other ui elements smaller.

I see. Thanks for looking into it

Hi @7erra. I wasnt able to get the teleport working. when I click shift + T on map it just creates some symbol there and my guy goes wherever 🙂

@gc8 The teleport is meant to work while looking at a location. A3 has a default map teleport with the keybind ALT + LMouse.

• Like 2

Hey @7erra. I like these editor extensions especially the watch fields. But I noticed small bug that if you are in vehicle (plane) and toggle the watch fields to be visible on the game GUI then the vehicle's GUIs disappear. By toggling the watch fields off the vehicles GUIs reappear

Thx for this mod! :)

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, gc8 said:

Hey @7erra. I like these editor extensions especially the watch fields. But I noticed small bug that if you are in vehicle (plane) and toggle the watch fields to be visible on the game GUI then the vehicle's GUIs disappear. By toggling the watch fields off the vehicles GUIs reappear

Thx for this mod! 🙂

Ah! I forgot to mention this. Well done!

2 hours ago, gc8 said:

But I noticed small bug that if you are in vehicle (plane) and toggle the watch fields to be visible on the game GUI then the vehicle's GUIs disappear.

That was acutally intentional 😉. I can easily remove it though.

54 minutes ago, 7erra said:

That was acutally intentional 😉. I can easily remove it though.

Well if you need those debug texts inside a vehicle it would make sense

Hello people, I would like to ask some help on the usage of the new config viewer that is part of the mods. Is there a way to copy the array of all parent classes of an entry? What I am looking for is how can you extract e.g.

["C_man_enoch_base_F","C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

from a civilian. 7erra's config viewer has the neat drop down menu for all the parent classes but I really miss this feature and was wondering if/how can I replicate it in 7erra's.

@Reeveli  just added your problem to the todo list. I am not 100% satisfied with the design of the combobox approach. Issue is here: https://github.com/7erra/-Terra-s-Editing-Extensions/issues/19. You can return the parents of a config with BIS_fnc_returnParents, so copying the config path and then putting it together in the the debug console will work.

v2.4 - "Export Config" Update

+++ Added +++
- TER_fnc_configToString
- UI for the above function in the Config Viewer 73

- View mode: TEXT for the Config Viewer 73

0aBuNd1.png

Just a small update to add this functionality.

• Like 2

Hi, firstly I would like to say that I have been really enjoying using this mod, especially the new config viewer. However, whenever I have this mod active it hides the vanilla Debug Console for me and only shows the new one off to the right. Weirdly, sometimes, a couple of the elements of the old console are still visible, notably the previous and next statement keys. Have I done something wrong here? As it is I do not think I can access things like the GUI editor with the mod active, which is obviously a bit of a shame. https://imgur.com/a/eJy7Hnb

8 hours ago, cpt-craig said:

However, whenever I have this mod active it hides the vanilla Debug Console for me and only shows the new one off to the right. Weirdly, sometimes, a couple of the elements of the old console are still visible, notably the previous and next statement keys.

God damnit. I made that mistake the last time too. I just don't notice it because CBA is "fixing" it for me and i dont run a3 without it. Thanks for the report! I will try to update as fast as possible since that is a real deal breaker.

Should be fixed now. Also edited the last update note with the text view mode that I forgot to mention.

• Like 1

Thank you for the quick fix, I can confirm that the debug menu has reappeared on my end!

v2.5 - "RPT Page" update

So here it is, the next update. Change notes from the Steam Workshop:

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
With this release there is a dependency on the @Pythia mod. This enables me to do file operations such as reading the RPT and opening up even more options for the future 😉

+++ Added +++
- RPT page for the debug console

~~~ Changed ~~~
- Added dependency on the @Pythia mod
- Various minor fixes by @R3vo and myself

If something goes horribly wrong I'll roll back to the previous version.

Currently WIP stuff can be found on the Github issues page

Another feature request I'm afraid. 🙂
The BI config viewer can preview class (spawn an instance of the object) in front of the player. Could your Viewer 73 do the same to save me switching between the two?

• Like 2

v2.6 - "Config Viewer 73 Preview" update
+++ Added +++
- You can now preview certain classes from the Config Viewer 73 (see the Steam description)
- Shortcut for opening the debug console changed from "^" key to CTRL+D (same as CBA)

~~~ Changed ~~~
- Some background stuff, I am transitioning to using BIS_fnc_display for my displays

If you have another idea for configs which can be previewed just drop a comment.

@Tankbuster there you go 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7erra said:

v2.6 - "Config Viewer 73 Preview" update
+++ Added +++
- You can now preview certain classes from the Config Viewer 73 (see the Steam description)
- Shortcut for opening the debug console changed from "^" key to CTRL+D (same as CBA)

~~~ Changed ~~~
- Some background stuff, I am transitioning to using BIS_fnc_display for my displays

If you have another idea for configs which can be previewed just drop a comment.

@Tankbuster there you go 😉

Top work. Thanks mate.

• Like 1

v2.7 - "RPT Highlighting" update
I added some shiny colors to the RPT page of the debug console which is now also accessible in 3den. Full change log on GitHub.

My future plans:

• Convert project to use hemtt
  • Use GitHub Actions for CI/CD (requires hemtt)
  • Tackle the GitHub issues
  • Like 1

Very nice addon for mission makers. Thanks a lot.