7erra

7erra's Editing Extensions

ObbYkps.png

>>> STEAM WORKSHOP PAGE <<<

Foreword

I hereby present you my first mod which aims to make editing a bit easier. The main focus lies on the added debug console which will provide you with the most common debug options (at least the ones I use). It also contains a good deal of customizability. While all options are fully functional I may change some of them (see Ideas section below). The mod has been on the Steam Workshop for about a month now but now I feel like it is actually worth using.

Features

Pictures and videos can be found on the Steam Wokshop.

• Extended debug console: Adds way more features to the escape menu in the style of the vanilla A3 debug console. It contains the following options:
    • Page 1 - Misc
      • Live Debug: Evaluate expressions from the Watch fields of the vanilla debug console in real time
      • Side Player: Switch sides with two clicks (Doesn't work when capitve)
      • Enable Teleport: Go to the position under the cursor by pressing SHIFT+T
      • Show Icons over units: Does what it says
      • Draw Grids: First checkbox enables grids in the GUI Editor for better alignment and orientation, second one draws it on the mission display
      • Change GUI Grid:
        • Origin: Select where the controls should be oriented to. Important when using different UI sizes
        • Set: The editboxed are editable and this button applies the changes to the grid variable loaded in the GUI Editor
        • Export Grid: Copies the defines to the clipboard
        • All settings are saved across sessions (profileNamespace)
      • Clear Chat: Removes all previous messages
      • Switch Unit: Move into the unit under your cursor
      • Set Time: Got from day to night and vice versa or enjoy a nice sunset/-rise
    • Page 2 - More Watch Fields
      • Just like the watch fields from the vanilla debug console but unlimited in amount
      • Create new controls with the "+" button
      • Delete entry with the red X button
    • Page 3 - Custom Commands
      • A place to store your most used commands, like setDate, setPos etc
      • Create new control with the "+" button
      • Delete controls with the red X button
      • Execute a command with the "EXEC" button
      • MP only: Change where the command is executed
      • Output of the commands can be seen in the output of the vanilla debug console
    • Page 4 - Saved Watch Entries, Target Debugging, BIKI Links
      • Saved Watch Entries:
        • Save an expression from the vanilla debug's watch field by pressing CTRL+F
        • The preferred input can be selected from the combo
        • First empty goes from top to bottom and if no empty box is found, the first one is overwritten
        • Same goes for "Last Empty" but from bottom to top
        • Clear List will remove ALL entries and reset the profile variable
      • Target Debugging:
        • Check the checkbox to draw boxes at the position of units nearby with the commands set in the listbox
        • "+" adds the command in the editbox, "-" removes currently selected entry (same as pressing DELETE)
        • The variable _object is automatically added after the command if not specified
      • BIKI Links
        • Write out a command and add it to the structured text controls for fast access to the BIKI
        • Remove a command by adding it again
        • Remove all commands with #CLEAR
        • Also supports links with http in them
    • Page 5 - Unit Live Watch
      • Select a unit from the tree control to attach a camera behind it
      • The tree supports searches from the editbox
      • By ticking the checkbox on the top right corner of the camera the feed will be kept open after closing the escape menu
    • Page 6 - KK Debug
      • Disclaimer: If you don't trust the debug_console_x64.dll then you are free to delete it. It is only mandatory for this page.
      • KK Debug is a small extension to log info to a console window outside of the game and therefore is a cleaner option than the rpt file
      • By using #include "\TER_Editing\debug_console.inc" you can use the macros in your script as well
      • For more information go to KK's website
      • BEEP will make the console window move into the foreground and give out a noise
      • As it stands right now the console is not entierly functional. Here are some problems I encountered:
        • Log to file doesn't create a file
        • Beep moves the console away from it's original position
        • Clear has the same problem
        • Close doesn't do anything
      • Log time will add a prefix with the system time to the output
      • Log input creates an extra line before the output and contains the content of the input editbox
      • The log button will output the result and, if selected, the input to a new window
  • 3den Editor:
    • Find Object Type on Map: Creates a map marker and a 3D marker on the position of every object with the same class name. Useful to find certain house types.
    • Show Building Positions: Creates 3D markers on the positions of the building positions used with buildingPos[community.bistudio.com].
    • Structured Text Editor: Create structured texts with live preview.
    • Font Picker: Preview all fonts available ingame (including mods).
    • Color Picker: Find the correct color with multiple export options (RGBA, config, texture, HTML).
    • attachTo finder: Instead of trial and error use this tool to find the perfect offset and direction.
    • DIK Code Display: While open hit any key (except for ESCAPE) to get the corresponding ID, hex value and variable from "\a3\ui_f\hpp\definedikcodes.inc"
    • Export Marker: Copies the marker in the format used by BIS_fnc_stringToMarker to the clipboard. Saves several lines of code.
  • Misc:
    • Export button for the CfgViewer: Export the currently selected config with a single click!
    • Escape shortcuts: While in the escape menu you can press CTRL+R to restart the mission or CTRL+E to exit it.
    • Functions:
      • TER_fnc_controlInfo can show additional information about the controls of the selected displays. Really useful if you want to learn from BI.
      • TER_fnc_convertNumber: Convert from and to hexadecimal, decimal and binary. Only meant for use during editing as it would create a dependency. If you know how to copy it then feel free to use it.

TO DO:

• Integrate debug console into the vanilla one
  • Fixes
  • UNKNOWN BUG: When selecting the third page the index of the listbox jumps to the fifth (???).

Steam Workshop page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1387934106
GitHub repository: https://github.com/7erra/-Terra-s-Editing-Extensions

>>> STEAM WORKSHOP PAGE <<<

Bye for now,

lRn4vaw.png  7erra

Edited by 7erra
Update v2
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Will be watching this with interest. I'm still using NSS but the author has been gone for nearly two years. This is very welcome!

• Thanks 1

v1.3 - "Debug console: Page 2" update

Just pushed an update to live. Check out the changes at the Steam Workshop page. Video will be added at some point and pictures will follow as well. Still struggling with finding a working version of mikero's PBO Tools so I can get away from Addon Maker though.

Hope you like it,

7erra

EDIT

Video and pictures are up-to-date

Edited by 7erra
Video and pictures added
  • Thanks 2

Nice one pal! Should come in handy!

• Thanks 1

And yet another update...

v1.4 - "mikero" update

While this is a technical update for the most part it also brings a new feature with it which will enhance your experience with the GUI Editor quite a bit. I was finally able to binarise the config.cpp with mikero's tools and reduce the size a bit. This means faster loading times for you, a tidier mod folder, and easier editing for me. A win-win-win situation I suppose ;) Check out the changes at the >>> Steam Workshop <<<!

Hope you like it,

7erra

• Thanks 2

On 11.6.2018 at 8:18 PM, 7erra said:

Coming soon (v1.5):

• Multiplayer
  • Different execution localitys for custom commands
  • (maybe with a big question mark an onscreen tutorial for the GUI Editor)

Yeah. I've done nothing of that. Here is a new version:

v1.5 - "Structured Text Editor" update

I added 3 new Dialogs for easier structured text creation, color picking and font selection. I also created a GitHub repo so feel free to take a look. Leave a comment at the >>> Steam Workshop <<< if you find anything fishy since I restructured my folders.

Until next time!

7erra

• Thanks 2

Thanks for this tool @7erra. I find the new variable watch and execution very useful. But one question, why is the old debug console still visible in the middle? I don't think there's any use for that now....

The default debug console still has some more features than my one does. Especially the buttons below the watch fields (config viewer, animation viewer, etc.) won't get implemeneted into my version. Another thing is that BIS' version is well thought through and sometimes used by other mods (CBA eg). I don't want to reinvent the wheel I want to improve it :-)

• Like 3

Coming soon (v1.5) (v1.6):

Still working on it...

v1.6 - "BIKI Links" Update

Added a new feauture to the second debug console page: BIKI Links. You can save the comands you look up on the BIKI (or in fact any link) in this list. Also removed second pbo and new folder structure (again). Updated the forum description.

I hope nothing is broken,

7erra

• Thanks 2

Hey @7erra I was wondering if the new watched variables are supposed to appear in the "Live debug" because now they are not. only the vars watched in the old watch fields show up the in LD.

7 hours ago, gc8 said:

Hey @7erra I was wondering if the new watched variables are supposed to appear in the "Live debug" because now they are not. only the vars watched in the old watch fields show up the in LD.

That is intended behaviour. The live debug feature was added before the extra watch fields so I only had the default watch fields at hand. So far I didn't change it since the LD might block the entire screen depending on how many extra watch fields you got active. I am considering to change it though.

• Like 1

Coming soon (v1.5) (v1.6):

Now it's done

v1.7 - "attachTo Finder" Update

The biggest addition to the mod is the attachTo Finder this time. I worked on this about a year ago in the form of a mission. Now I was able to integrate it into the 3den Editor with way better results and controls. Looking back at my old solution I have to say that I was quite unexperienced at that time, therefore this is a HUGE improvement.

All other patch notes can be found at the Steam Workshop bla bla.

@gc8 Integrating the Custom Commands into the LD will take some time. I'll try to get it done in the next update.

Guten Tag,

7erra

• Like 4

Any change you could make the thing taller? I still have some space on my screen. i'ts not as tall as the default console. I have ton of custom commands and could use the extra space :)

keep up the good work... :)

thx!

Some new features for v1.8:

• Bigger debug console for more space
  • Integrating the console into the A3 console so it is available in 3den as well
  • (?) Moving the sections where you can create controls to their own page
  • multi line custom commands
  • (adding custom watch fields to the live debug <- quite some work, maybe in v1.9)
  • upon opening the escape menu the UI_GRID will be set as default since the vanilla GUI_GRID is useless anyway

With the next update I'll have to make this mod dependent on CBA3 for some functions and the bigger debug console. And even if it would remain stand-alone I'd recommend to use CBA3 for editing anyway.

/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

9 hours ago, gc8 said:

Any change you could make the thing taller?

Can do. I need the size that CBA sets for the default debug console so I can align it with my one but I'm struggling to find the file which dictates the height. Maybe I can contact a dev and ask them for help :)

9 hours ago, gc8 said:

I still have some space on my screen

Well there were some controls over the current debug console (those two white bars) which I didn't want to remove unless I need the space but I noticed that the CC section was falling short on space so I guess it's time to remove them.

9 hours ago, gc8 said:

i'ts not as tall as the default console

I guess you are playing with CBA? Because the vanilla debug console is way smaller.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 7erra said:

I guess you are playing with CBA? Because the vanilla debug console is way smaller.

oh yeah I have CBA activated. didn't know it does that :)

Started using this this morning and really like it. Can we get a server key to go with the bisign, please?

On 11.8.2018 at 11:53 AM, Tankbuster said:

Can we get a server key

Oof what is the difference between a server key and a bisign? And how can I create it? Google didn't help me. I'm really new to modding :S

Bisign is the one that the player has in with the PBOs. Servers need the .bikey file in the keys directory for key checking to work.

Old thread, but might help with finding something more recent...

Update v1.7.3: Added the server key

@Tankbuster

I initially wanted to release the server key alongside a major overhaul but I have run into a yet unknown problem so the release will be somewhere in the future. I won't have much time for the next few weeks too so don't expect anything in the near future. I will get back to this mod as soon as I am able to.

• Thanks 3

v1.8 - "Watch Unit" Update

It took some time but here it is, the promised overhaul of the debug console. I moved the Custom Commands and Extra Watch Fields to their own pages while making the area bigger as a whole. While I was at it I added the Watch Unit page where you can look what someone/something is doing in a live feed. If (you have problems OR suggestions) then {keep 'em coming}; I'm always trying to improve ;)

Here are my plans for v1.9:

- Something similar to the color picker but with Procedural Textures

- Make the camera of the live feed turnable

- Debug trigger outlines

- Global/mission related notepad

(- Add the custom watch fields to the live watch) <-- Ugh hard

12 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

7erra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi @7erra I was doing some UI editing today and noticed that the GUI_GRID_X defines has changed to UI_GRID_X. I then noticed by pressing esc that you can select between the two. But even I selected the GUI_GRID_X my dialog was left with the UI_GRID_X. I tried disabling the mod it didn't help either. I guess I have to make my dialog again, no biggie :) Just letting you know...

Edit: It seems that even the mod disabled I cant switch from UI_GRID to GUI_GRID

Edit2: I was able to switch back to GUI_GRID_X by the debug console. Had to make my dialog again though

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

GUI_GRID_X defines has changed to UI_GRID_X.

That is intended behaviour. The UI_GRID is the newest grid and is used by the 3den editor eg. As soon as you open the escape menu it is set as the default grid for the entire session.

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

But even I selected the GUI_GRID_X my dialog was left with the UI_GRID_X.

That's not supposed to happen :eh: I'll have a look and release a fix when I figure it out.

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

Edit: It seems that even the mod disabled I cant switch from UI_GRID to GUI_GRID

Say what? That should not be possible in any way. If my mod is disabled the default behaviour of the GUI Editor applies. Are you importing dialogs via CTRL+V by any chace?

1 hour ago, gc8 said:

I guess I have to make my dialog again, no biggie :)

Still sorry :/

15 minutes ago, 7erra said:

Say what? That should not be possible in any way. If my mod is disabled the default behaviour of the GUI Editor applies. Are you importing dialogs via CTRL+V by any chace?

The way i have always loaded my dialogs to the editor is copy (CTRL-C) then open Gui editor and my dialog is loaded in there. I guess it stuck on UI_GRID because the data was saved in text file. The data I mean is this:

/* #Rifuno
$[
	["BuyVehs",[[0,0,1,1],0.025,0.04,"GUI_GRID"],0,0,0],
	[1500,"",[2,"",["2 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X","3 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y","20.5 * GUI_GRID_W","19 * GUI_GRID_H"],[-1,-1,-1,-1],[-1,-1,-1,-1],[-1,-1,-1,-1],"","-1"],["type = CT_LISTNBOX;","columns[] = BUYVEH_LIST_COL;","onLBSelChanged = |_this call buyVehSelChanged|;"]],
	[1600,"",[2,"Buy",["16 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X","25.5 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y","6 * GUI_GRID_W","2 * GUI_GRID_H"],[-1,-1,-1,-1],[-1,-1,-1,-1],[-1,-1,-1,-1],"","-1"],["action = |call buyVehicle|;"]],
	[1601,"RscButton : RscPicButton",[2,"\a3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\mptable\infantry_ca.paa",["2 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X","0.5 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y","4 * GUI_GRID_W","2.5 * GUI_GRID_H"],[-1,-1,-1,-1],[-1,-1,-1,-1],[-1,-1,-1,-1],"","-1"],[]]
]
*/