strider42

Does anyone else not use WASD for movement?

I'm not particularly here to big up the use of WASD instead of ESDF.  I'm just wondering how many other do so and if they have any issues.

But as a point of interest I see the advantages of ESDF as:

• The 'F' key has a pip on it (as does the 'J' key and '5' key on the num-pad), so you can rest your hand on the keyboard feel the pip and know your hand is in the right place.  Any touch typist would already know this.
  • The little finger now be use to operate the QAZ keys (as well as Shift, Caps and Tab) - I like using 'A' for reload.

The obvious main disadvantage is you are having to manage the keys all the time but in the past (when I played other games) no 2 games had the same set of keys (aside from movement) so you always have to do some key management.  S

Arrow keys 'til the death here (for the Arma series). 

Reasons:

• Tribute to OFP :icon_biggrin:
  • I don't want to miss the extra amount of keys of the numpad. Playing WASD there are only a few keys at one side (left) - with the arrow keys I have plenty of them at both sides. :icon14:
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Undeceived said:
  • Tribute to OFP :icon_biggrin:

:rthumb:

Though, of course, I remapped the keys to keep them in line with what I used for Rainbow 6.

Edited by strider42
Minor style and typo update
  • Like 1

The ONLY game I don't use cursor keys for is Minecraft.

I'm left-handed and mouse left-handed, therefore I use the arrow keys for movement.

Arrow key user here. 

Got myself a cheep keyboard that has the end ,delete, page up keys all close to the arrow keys. Was 12 euro or something. So makes it even handier. use all the keys surrounding the arrows. 

Got this mouse on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/UtechSmart-Programmable-programmable-Customizing-Compatible/dp/B00FNKMVUO

It is awesome. The price for this is really amazing. feels way more expensive.the software is on point. Can program tons of combinations which for Arma is sweet. 

In-line ASDF here (D forward, S back). G and V to change stance.  Z to look around.