Fr3eMan

DeleteVehicle Trigger

I usually delete vehicle by trigger with a below script, but I recognise this script cancel only the vehicle and not the crew, I have to run twice for let delete first the vehicle than the crew, and the problem is not the deletion of the trigger, is happen anyway, any suggestion?

_trigger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector",[4000,4000,0]];
_trigger setTriggerArea [1,1,0,false,-1];
_trigger setTriggerActivation ["ANYPLAYER","NOT PRESENT",true];
_trigger setTriggerStatements ["this","{deleteVehicle _x} forEach nearestObjects [thisTrigger, ['O_MBT_02_cannon_F','O_crew_F'], 10000];deleteVehicle thisTrigger;",""];

Something to note is that "vehicle player == player" is true when on foot, but false when in a vehicle. nearestObjects, and similar commands, does not detect crew members of a vehicle. You will have to crew the vehicle for a list of units inside. Also note that "(crew player) select 0 == player" is true. 

Also consider using nearEntities instead of nearestObjects. Depending on what you are doing, it may be much faster

Ex. Obtain an array of all living men within a given radius from a given center point, including those within certain kinds of vehicles. 

G_fnc_menWithinRadius = {
	params ["_centerObj", "_radius"];
	//Get array of all alive men and appropriate vehicles within defined radius of center object
	private _arrayAll = _centerObj nearEntities [["Man", "Car", "Tank", "Helicopter", "Plane", "Ship"], _radius];
	//Cycle through all objects and find the men to add to array of men to be returned
	private _arrayReturn = [];
	{
		//_x is object
		//Determine how to handle alive object
		if (_x isKindOf "Man") then {
			//Object is man, add to array
			_arrayReturn pushBack _x;
		}
		else
		{
			//Object is vehicle
			//Cycle through crew to pick out man
			{
				//_x is crew member
				//Make sure crew member is alive
				if (alive _x) then {
					//Crew member is alive, add to array
					_arrayReturn pushBack _x;
				};
			} forEach crew _x;
		};
	} forEach _arrayAll;
	_arrayReturn;
};

• Thanks 1

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach crew _x;
 deletevehicle _x;

If there is no crew, crew _x is an empty array but forEach doesn't return an error. So keep it simple.

• Like 1

Thanks @KC Grimes and @pierremgi both answer are very useful, I solved and optimize the script.

• Like 1