Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There are a bunch of very big issues we've been having:

Under the build menu: there is the arsenal (Really is the NATO supply drop). While this is a nice cheap way to restock ammo, my friend found an exploit in putting the weapons in a vehicle to sell them to get infinite ammo. Additionally you can still recycle the arsenal and get 7 of the 10 ammo back. I think the arsenal should be an air support call down since it's too cheap to build under the build menu and it would make sense for a supply drop type building.

 

Editing a loadout costs very little ammo and can be exploited instead of using saved loadouts which cost significantly more.


However you can sell the weapons inside the NATO Supply drop by putting the inventory into a vehicle and selling cargo. In addition to this, I can only gather that you can only sell equipment if it's inside a vehicle, the FOB should have it's own empty inventory and weapons stashed into that area can be sold by another options under scroll menu.
- MX Rifles and PCML should have a sell cost of 0 in addition to weapons the NATO supply drop delivers.

Many of weapons dropped by enemies are DLC required so we can't pick them up to sell them at the FOB or SELL points, meaning we only get income from salvaging and taking new zones or doing side missions. Is it possible to add a version that doesn't use DLC weapons?

I've had my AI squad not spawn in upon restarting the world. Apparently there is a way of recovering them but I'm not sure how.

- Also what is the bonus of your troops getting more experience, do they start aiming better or is it just a visual thing.

Your hired ai squad should also contribute some points to you. We've been having difficulty with getting points due to the fact dying deducts 1 score each time. An option to disable reduction of points would be helpful.

I'am aware that there is an in-game economy for ammo currency but other than selling weapons, salvaging and taking new zones, is there a renewable way to gain ammo (currency) such as passive income, etc?
- I haven't been able to find an ammobox in regular cities and towns (only military sites), and trying to sell weapons is difficult since they're mostly DLC.

 

The air taxi (100 ammo) breaks when two players try to use both seats in the back. The helicopter begins to do a weird hop to the location, never really lifting off the ground.


Where is the check for if we're on the good side of the rebel groups or on their bad side. We have killed a bunch of civilians on accident and don't know how to check.
 

many, many deaths by “unknown cause”. I assume these are mines.
- It seems from my testing that is the death message whenever you are killed by anything outside of an AI shooting you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Week ago we finnished Tanoa map and moved to Enoch.

Few things is annoying, like not working rappeling.

Strange behavior of vehicle armor. Ifrit was hit by 3 Titan missiles (AT) and still was able to drive away. Same with marid.

So, is there a way to get wersion of Lib.RX pre February 23 ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@General Pancakes: many many thanks for theses useful information !  (i need players feedback)

 

- i will study  theses issues one by one !

 

btw: i push an update on github to fix:

 

- no heli DLC (alternative can be set in classenames.sqf, actually it's "B_Heli_Transport_01_F")

- rewrite huron and fobbox manager

- public vehicles concept (useable but can not be recycled / owned) better than classname blacklist

- fix issue with protect static weapon (@Fiero_185th i think that fix your issue)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@General Pancakes,

 

- Under the build menu: there is the arsenal (Really i?s the NATO supply drop). While this? is a nice cheap way to restock ammo, my friend found an exploit in putting the weapons ?in a vehicle to sell them to get infinite ammo. Additionally you can still recycle the arsenal and get 7 of the 10 ammo ba?ck. I think the arsenal should be an air support call down since it's too cheap to build under the build? menu and it would make sense for a supply drop type building.

- MX Rifles and PCML should have a sell cost of 0 in addition to weapons the NATO supply drop delivers.
- However you can sell the weapons inside the NATO Supply drop by putting the inventory into a vehicle and selling cargo.

> I agree with you, the Arsenal box is now empty.
> Arsenal box should be an air support (todo)

---

- In addition to this, I can only gather that you can only sell equipment if it's inside a vehicle,
> true

- the FOB should have it's own empty inventory and weapons stashed into that area can be sold by another options under scroll menu.?
> much work, take note that LRX do not use database to store objects, so i have to keep them low.
---

- Many of weapons dropped by enemies are DLC required so we can't pick them up to sell them at the FOB or SELL points, meaning we only get income from salvaging and taking new zones or doing side missions. Is it possible to add a version that doesn't use DLC weapons?

> yes, I can use the same code as for heli DLC, still a bunch of work 🙂
---

- I've had my AI squad not spawn in upon restarting the world. Apparently there is a way of recovering them but I'm not sure how.

> Ai is not saved upon server restart, you can only 'recover' them if in a multiplayer session, with at least one player connected, if you have a crash or a rebboot, when you rejoin the server again, you will get your AI back.
---

- Also what is the bonus of your troops getting more experience, do they start aiming better or is it just a visual thing.

> impact every 'skill' of AI. (aimingAccuracy,aimingShake,aimingSpeed,endurance,spotDistance,spotTime,courage,reloadSpeed) not just a visual
---

- Your hired ai squad should also contribute some points to you.

> No 🙂 (already tested, make the game way too easy)
---

- I'am aware that there is an in-game economy for ammo currency but other than selling weapons, salvaging and taking new zones, is there a renewable way to gain ammo (currency) such as passive income, etc?

> the dynamic side missions (10 types) are here specially  for that, reward can be normal ammobox or special ammobox (white) plus enemies weapons,
> the side mission doesn't impact the danger's level, nor call for counter battle. it's the best to do to grow up quietly.
> there is a server parameter "PassiveIncome", use it to change the ammobox spawn to passive income

 
 list of LRX parameters:
https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX/blob/master/mission_param.cfg

---

- I haven't been able to find an ammobox in regular cities and towns (only military sites), and trying to sell weapons is difficult since they're mostly DLC.

> the big city is the only place where you can found food palets, you can recycle them directly at fob for a small ammount of ammo or use them for a side mission "Food delivery" and have a bigger reward !
>it's the same for all 'delivery' missions

---

- Where is the check for if we're on the good side of the rebel groups or on their bad side. We have killed a bunch of civilians on accident and don't know how to check.

> you can't change side (you are protected), even if you kill civ or do tk, you just loose XP till you'll be kicked out by the server.
---

- many, many deaths by “unknown cause”. I assume these are mines.
- It seems from my testing that is the death message whenever you are killed by anything outside of an AI shooing you.

> yes!, you receive this message when the killer or source is unknow to the server. can be many (really many) situations (explosions, collision, arma physic devils) !
---

- We've been having difficulty with getting points due to the fact dying deducts 1 score each time. An option to disable reduction of points would be helpful.

> that's the arma design, i dont know what i can do 😞
> but you should not died so often with your AI 😉

---
- Editing a loadout costs very little ammo and can be exploited? instead of using saved loadouts which cost significantly more.
> I'll check this  (todo list)


- The air taxi (100 ammo) breaks when two players try to use both seats in the back. The helicopter begins to do a weird hop to the location, never really lifting off the ground.
> I'll check this  (todo list)
---

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Editing a loadout costs very little ammo and can be exploited? instead of using saved loadouts which cost significantly more.

 

>  in fact this is exactly the same code, but take in mind that you pay for the difference between you actual stuff and the stuff you want to use.

 

> you pay the stuff depending on the class you take in lobby

 

> if you override the loadout (use as respawn loadout), you pay the price of the loadout

 

> ex: you stuff worth 50,

you take a stuff that cost 60, you pay 10

you take a stuff that cost 40, you pay nothing

 

to test:

make a stuff a zero cost (remove everything). save it in the arsenal.

 

start the mission and use this loadout to start. (you pay zero)

 

equip yourself (via editor or load saved or copy from player)

you pay the same price in every case

 

btw: i forgot to charge the player for the initial loadout,  i'll push an update about this 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pSiKO said:

 

- I've had my AI squad not spawn in upon restarting the world. Apparently there is a way of recovering them but I'm not sure how.

> Ai is not saved upon server restart, you can only 'recover' them if in a multiplayer session, with at least one player connected, if you have a crash or a rebboot, when you rejoin the server again, you will get your AI back.

Thanks for all your hard work and answering all of my questions.

When you say 'multiplayer session' does this mean I need to keep the server permanently turned on/ loaded?

Additional Details if needed:
Right now I' am local hosting the scenario for a small group of friends (6 of us total). We play for around 4-6 hours before needing to stop. So far we've been able to retain our score and vehicles (owned) but the AI teammates and our current loadout disappears. We know to put our inventory into our owned vehicle before the server closes. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I think you misunderstood what I meant about passive income. I was asking whether there was a way to say: set up a trade route with ai commandeered vehicles to autonomously deliver ammo supplies from a location to the FOB, and thus passively generate income (aka passive income). 
NOTE: I have not tested the passive income parameter yet and if this is what it does then ignore this question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to add more details on the air taxi (the one that hops over the ground).

- The copilot and pilot that the air taxi generates who are AI. stood outside the entire time.

- Both me and my friend who were seated in the back of the helicopter could not move or exit the vehicle.
- After hopping several times, the helicopter exploded killing the two passengers and the AI standing outside. I think this is because of damage inflicted onto the helicopter from it hopping repeatedly. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tested on both Altis and Stratis:

When we call in air drop vehicles and other similarly deployed object. We've had vehicles drop into the middle of the sea and ocean repeatedly. Is there a way to prevent this? I doubt allowing us to manually select where to drop our air supplies is balanced without a lot more scripting to limit it however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, General Pancakes said:

Thanks for all your hard work and answering all of my questions.

When you say 'multiplayer session' does this mean I need to keep the server permanently turned on/ loaded?

Additional Details if needed:
Right now I' am local hosting the scenario for a small group of friends (6 of us total). We play for around 4-6 hours before needing to stop. So far we've been able to retain our score and vehicles (owned) but the AI teammates and our current loadout disappears. We know to put our inventory into our owned vehicle before the server closes. 

 

you do the right way,

"AI teammates" is not saved in any way, but it is keep in the server memory until it restart

so, the "recover AI" work only  i someone is still connected to the server.

the last connected client "keep alive" others players units until a player reconnect or the last player quit

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I think you misunderstood what I meant about passive income. I was asking whether there was a way to say: set up a trade route with ai commandeered vehicles to autonomously deliver ammo supplies from a location to the FOB, and thus passively generate income (aka passive income). 
NOTE: I have not tested the passive income parameter yet and if this is what it does then ignore this question.

 

there is no feature like this,  yet.... 😉

passive income parameter, replace the ammobox spawning (in captured military bases) , by an 'passive' income to the players
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to add more details on the air taxi (the one that hops over the ground).

- The copilot and pilot that the air taxi generates who are AI. stood outside the entire time.

- Both me and my friend who were seated in the back of the helicopter could not move or exit the vehicle.
- After hopping several times, the helicopter exploded killing the two passengers and the AI standing outside. I think this is because of damage inflicted onto the helicopter from it hopping repeatedly. 

 

I'm working on the taxi code, i remove the player dependencies, rewrite some parts...

I've updated the pbo on github, please re test the taxi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tested on both Altis and Stratis:

When we call in air drop vehicles and other similarly deployed object. We've had vehicles drop into the middle of the sea and ocean repeatedly. Is there a way to prevent this? I doubt allowing us to manually select where to drop our air supplies is balanced without a lot more scripting to limit it however.

 

Airdrop is called (exactly) on player position,  take in mind the wind, and call support when you are on suitable place

if the dropped object is obviously very far from the call point, give me more details

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks dev.

Air Taxi hasn't shown much problems since the .pbo update. Will continue testing.

However I'd to like to ask why some people are able to call in armed offroad (truck with HMG - costs 100 ammo) through air supply menu while others can't.
-From our testing some people can call in such a vehicle immediately upon loading game (0 or very little score)
- While others need like at least 100/something score to unlock that air drop.


Recently while taking certain outposts. It says there are named vehicles on the map. However while we take this outpost, we don't usually see the vehicle (ie: A-164 Wipeout) and after taking the outposts, the vehicle colour went from red to blue. However we cannot find where this vehicle is. Is this meant to be some passive defender for the outpost that's not steal-able?


BIG ISSUES
Closing the server and restarting it while an attack on the FOB  happens, causes no further FOB attacks from CSAT. Very very exploitable.


When my friends join a squad with another squad leader (through the extended options menu), whenever squad leader halo jumps to a location, he also forces all other squad mates to jump with him. Sometimes the squadmates (the other friends) don't get an open parachute button.
- Can you look over the parachute scripts, as this has killed my friends many times (because they go SPLATT) when they hit the ground without parachute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, great work on a really fun mission! I love all of the things you have added. I do have a question though:

 

If I roll into an objective quickly the AI seem to spawn after I arrive. It is very noticeable with a HC. If I drive in quickly I can just explode because an AI insta spawned and then killed me before I saw anyone. Is there an adjustment to allow the AI to spawn when I the circle turns red but before I am too close. This also makes sniping and CAS runs difficult because the AI are not there unless you are in the circle or close to the center it seems.

 

>> Turns out this is a config error on my part. I had VCOM loaded as a client mod on server and HC. It should only be a server mod and not loaded on HC. I just tested this way and the AI spawn normally.

>>> Nope, still happening. I roll into a town, it is blue, then 30 seconds later people spawn. I am unloading VCOM to see if there is a difference

 

Also, if I set the difficulty from the parameters and then set a custom difficulty with precision and accuracy set will that override your settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Constant_Corpse said:

First off, great work on a really fun mission! I love all of the things you have added. I do have a question though:

 

If I roll into an objective quickly the AI seem to spawn after I arrive. It is very noticeable with a HC. If I drive in quickly I can just explode because an AI insta spawned and then killed me before I saw anyone. Is there an adjustment to allow the AI to spawn when I the circle turns red but before I am too close. This also makes sniping and CAS runs difficult because the AI are not there unless you are in the circle or close to the center it seems.

 

 

This applies to normal Liberation KP as well. You need to load the area first (represented by a gradually reden-ning circle around the area you're going to take. The load speed is dependent on everyone's position on the server as well as the host's processing speed.

This is dependent on area loading. If you stay in a blue zone for long enough and keep it secure, natural BLUFOR will spawn to assist protecting it. However by staying near it and keeping it loaded it is also added into an internal active sites list, which thus makes it viable for enemy attacks (unless you are a great distance away).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, General Pancakes said:

This applies to normal Liberation KP as well. You need to load the area first (represented by a gradually reden-ning circle around the area you're going to take. The load speed is dependent on everyone's position on the server as well as the host's processing speed.

This is dependent on area loading. If you stay in a blue zone for long enough and keep it secure, natural BLUFOR will spawn to assist protecting it. However by staying near it and keeping it loaded it is also added into an internal active sites list, which thus makes it viable for enemy attacks (unless you are a great distance away).

 

I switched over to KP Liberation to test and it is working as I expect. In RX I was driving into the center of town and waiting 10-15 seconds before everything spawned all at once. It was the same with or without AI mods and with or without a Headless Client.

 

I noticed just now that in KP Liberation the setting for GRLIB_sector_size = 1000; and on RX it is 600. I am not sure if that makes a difference, but the latest Github version of the RX mission does not seem to be spawning AI as I would expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 2:46 AM, General Pancakes said:

I see maybe dev could implement a parameter to adjust how close you need to be to a sector for it to load.

 

I will ! 🙂

 

 

GRLIB_sector_size  is the right parameter to change.

 

but it have many impact on how many points are actives in the same time (in particular on small/medium map)

plus the fact i wait a bit to 'wake up' a capture point, to allow you to quickly pass around (by air or by road)

 

 

The classname (ie: A-164 Wipeout) on the map is not a vehicle !

it's the capture point that 'lock' vip vehicles,  you have to capture this point, to be able to build this kind of vehicles.

 

 

Closing the server and restarting it while an attack on the FOB  happens, causes no further FOB attacks from CSAT. Very very exploitable.

you mean if you restart the serv  while an attack on the FOB, it will never happen again ?

 

 

When my friends join a squad with another squad leader (..)

frankly it's not recommanded any more, it's a relic of first version, when there is no AI manger or auto support or parachute or anything, (in first version, before RX,  the AI doesn't follow you at all !)

btw, I'll look over the parachute scripts 🙂

 

 

Also, if I set the difficulty from the parameters and then set a custom difficulty with precision and accuracy set will that override your settings?

I don't know, it depend on how your custom settings are applied. it should work.

 

 

thanks for the fish !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I add two new server parameters: (via lobby or server.cfg)


HuronType = 0;                    // The type of Huron - [default 0] - values = [0,1] - Text {"CH-67 Huron", "UH-80 Ghost Hawk"}

because server can't know player DLC


SectorRadius = 0;               // The size of the sector - [default off] - values = {0,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,1200,1500};

the size of a sector, if off it's taken from "gameplay_constants.sqf" (may be different for each map)

 

edit: update is out

- add little more AI in side mission

- fix a bug in the garbage collector

- dynamic sector size

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow impressive to see this is still getting updates.  great job

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 8:00 PM, pSiKO said:

 

 

Closing the server and restarting it while an attack on the FOB  happens, causes no further FOB attacks from CSAT. Very very exploitable.

you mean if you restart the serv  while an attack on the FOB, it will never happen again ?

 

 

Yes, precisely, We restarted the server in the midst of an FOB attack, and they literally never attacked the FOB until we moved it somewhere else (via package into truck).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having some issues. Curently on Enoch/Livonia map.

I have created custom modpack for my clan. Just put FIR F16, few Alesio sportcars, few FOX survivalcars and other tweaks. Problem is that none of vehicles from that modpack is shown in ZEUS. I have add them in "Liberation.sqf" and "classnames.sqf" so I can buy them, or spawn as admin and use them. But they missing in ZEUS editor, I cannot recycle them, I cannot store them in virtual garage. When I just load mod on my pc and launch Eden editor they all there, as it should be.

Any sugestion how to solve this issue ?

 

btw. rappeling still dosn't work 😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Fiero_185th,

 

when you spawn a vehicle by Zeus it lake lots of property like (owner, state, ammo, etc)

so LRX doesn't 'recognize' them as legit vehicles (and you can't recycle , use garage, etc)

 

I don't know why you mod isn't show in Zeus, (maybe your server miss the mod ?); i can take a look...

 

for "rappeling " what mod are you using ? maybe it's incompatible.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx for quick response.

We use Advanced Rappeling and Advanced Urban Rappeling both made by duda. They worked on Altis and Tanoa. When we moved to Enoch, dosn't show under scroll any more.

For sure LRX won't recognize as legit vehicles couse it came from modpack that I created. So does "LRX" have to check if mod is legit, how to disable it. ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Fiero_185th said:

Thx for quick response.

We use Advanced Rappeling and Advanced Urban Rappeling both made by duda. They worked on Altis and Tanoa. When we moved to Enoch, dosn't show under scroll any more.

For sure LRX won't recognize as legit vehicles couse it came from modpack that I created. So does "LRX" have to check if mod is legit, how to disable it. ?

 

 

That strange, the engine is the same for all islands

maybe something is broken with Enoch, I'll see

 

nope, LRX doesn't check MOD, but to be able to recycle/use garage, you must create vehicle in game. (not via editor/zeus)

 

"I have add them in "Liberation.sqf" and "classnames.sqf" so I can buy them."

that the right way!

 

 

I'll try to test with Rappelingmod 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add:

in Squad Management: "level Up" button to promote an AI unit.

the Arsenal dialog now take in count player's Ammo

SP/Solo misson compatibility fix (emulate A3 MP score)

 

+ fix intro startup + redeploy
+ fix prisoners AI

+ fix public vehicle permissions

 

+ better random

+ improve kill manager

+ try to fix convoy mission 🙂

 

+ protect indep static weapons
+ protect paradrop vehicle attached objects

 

+ translation

 

 

Full  Steam update

  • Altis
  • Altis Red Edition
  • Chernarus
  • Chernarus_Winter
  • Enoch
  • gm_weferlingen_summer
  • gm_weferlingen_winter
  • Isladuala3
  • Malden
  • OPTRE_iberius
  • Sara
  • Saralite
  • Stratis
  • Takistan
  • Tanoa
  • Utes
  • valhatie 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×