Thanks for the answer! Is there a way to pause the game if I'm playing alone on a server?

On 1/23/2023 at 11:35 AM, pSiKO said:

Hi!
To play this mission solo, please do the following:

(subscribe to mission on steam or copy the pbo in your mpmisson folder)

- Start Arma3
- go to MULTIPLAYER -> QUICK PLAY -> HOST SERVER
- optional (set a name / and LAN/WAN)
- clic HOST SERVER
- select Island
- select Liberation RX
- PLAY

(the game is saved every 60sec or when you quit)

13 hours ago, gufi_108 said:

Thanks for the answer! Is there a way to pause the game if I'm playing alone on a server?

I don't think so. (even alt-tab do not really pause the game)

hello i downloaded and uploaded on my server your liberation but with the ace we still have problem when the player it's uncoscius, we can't use the respawn, any solution ?

4 hours ago, maxkiet90 said:

hello i downloaded and uploaded on my server your liberation but with the ace we still have problem when the player it's uncoscius, we can't use the respawn, any solution ?

hi,

yes, I know this issue

the latest version (on github) have a "cba_settings.sqf" file already configured to make wound fatal when ace medical is enabled

ace_medical_statemachine_fatalInjuriesPlayer = 0

check to not override this setting

we solve it editing on the pbo editor the description.ext but we now see an other problem the radio tower can't be conquested

3 hours ago, maxkiet90 said:

we solve it editing on the pbo editor the description.ext but we now see an other problem the radio tower can't be conquested

I'm curious, what did you change in description.ext ?

to conquer, you must blow the radio tower with explosives

respawnButton = 1;
 that line in your description.ext his value it's a 0, and thanks for the reply about the radio tower

On 2/5/2023 at 1:48 PM, maxkiet90 said:

respawnButton = 1;
 that line in your description.ext his value it's a 0, and thanks for the reply about the radio tower

ok,

I have fixed the 'ace wounded issue' by editing the cba_settings.sqf files

using the ingame respawn button, *may* lead to player initialization issue (you tell me 😉 )

update from github to have the latest fix

Hi, I'm on a 49" 32:9 Monitor 5120x1440. Any way I could move the colorful stats-overlay to the outside egdes of my screen (or expand the overlay to lay over the whole screen)? Right now it's quite far in the middle and distracting my view. cheers

3 hours ago, Maggus0815 said:

Hi, I'm on a 49" 32:9 Monitor 5120x1440. Any way I could move the colorful stats-overlay to the outside egdes of my screen (or expand the overlay to lay over the whole screen)? Right now it's quite far in the middle and distracting my view. cheers

wow !

i can't imagine what is look like !

overlay should be relative to screen size, but in your case I don't know 🙂

can you send a small screenshot ?

10 hours ago, Maggus0815 said:

okay,

thanks for the screenshot, I see what I can do

(note, that I can't retest here ! )

I keep you in touch

On 2/11/2023 at 10:14 AM, pSiKO said:

okay,

thanks for the screenshot, I see what I can do

(note, that I can't retest here ! )

I keep you in touch

Hey!
I found the solution for the issue. It was on my end. 
Somehow Arma3 seems to think my resolution must be a triple screen, so it only displays info on the center screen, which makes the overlay a 16:9 format in the center again.
I had to edit my Profile file to fix it. ("C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\XXXX")
It is the "tripleHead=1" which I set to "tripleHead=0", now I have the overlay fit the full screen.

sorry for the confusion

On 2/20/2023 at 2:05 PM, Maggus0815 said:

Hey!
I found the solution for the issue. It was on my end. 
Somehow Arma3 seems to think my resolution must be a triple screen, so it only displays info on the center screen, which makes the overlay a 16:9 format in the center again.
I had to edit my Profile file to fix it. ("C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\XXXX")
It is the "tripleHead=1" which I set to "tripleHead=0", now I have the overlay fit the full screen.

sorry for the confusion

hey !
I'm glad it's works !
thanks a lot for the feedback, that will help peoples for sure !

Steam version updated,

support for Unsung mod
rewrite markers

special traps !

A howto doc to setup LRX server via FASTER by Shadotak

This guide is written with the assumption that you will be hosting on a DEDICATED computer in YOUR HOME - e.g. you have a spare computer collecting dust or a Plex server or something.
This guide will still work if you plan on hosting from your gaming computer, although this will show your Steam account as "in-game" and will log hours in ArmA 3.
    -The work-around to this is to exit Steam, start the server, and open Steam again. You will have to do this every time you start the server.

For manually forwarding ports:
    UDP ports 2302-2306
    If you plan on using TFAR or ACRE, also forward UDP 9987 and 30033 to the host for the Teamspeak 3 server.
   https://portforward.com/ if you are confused.
If using UPNP on your router, bewarned: If your router restarts, it will not forward those ports after coming back online! It is recommended to forward manually.

1.    Download FASTER here:
   https://github.com/Foxlider/FASTER/releases
    (optional) Download a PBO editor. There are several out there and they all do the same thing.

2.    Log in to FASTER using your steam credentials. If you use 2-factor authentication (which you should) it will prompt you for the code. This is only required once.

3.    Set the desired location of your install folders. I recommend keeping everything localized to one dedicated folder to make it easier to manage.
        -(UNTESTED) If installing on your gaming machine, you may be able to set the install path for ArmA 3 to your current instance to save on space. Otherwise, it will download ArmA 3 again and double the disk space. May or may not be possible, but worth a try to spare the download and disk space.

4.    Install ArmA 3 by clicking "Update" at the bottom of the Updater tab.

5.    Install your mods by adding them by their Steam workshop URL or by downloading them manually and pointing FASTER to their location.

6.    If using Steam workshop mods, click on the "Update All" button at the top of the Mods tab. It's the clock with the arrow/circle around it.
        -When updating, click the "Check for updates" button first and then update all. It will not check unless you command it to.

7.    Deploy the mods by going to the Deployment tab and clicking the link button.

8.    Download the mission PBO file you want. For Liberation RX specifically, go here:
   https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX/releases
    Put the PBO file in /%FASTER ARMA INSTALL FOLDER%/mpmissions/
    If you forgot where you told FASTER to install ArmA, click on the wrench/screwdriver icon in the top right to open the install folder. mpmissions will be in there.

8.    Set up a server profile. Each profile has its own save path, so if you're planning on using Liberation RX for it and want to transfer save data, keep it to one single profile and rotate the mission pbo.
        PROFILE tab:
            This is where you load your mods. Some mods aren't required client-side and some aren't required server-side. I can't ever tell so I just check the box for all of them.

MISSIONS tab:
            This is where you override the default mission parameters. I recommend keeping a .txt file handy for copying all this info down, as FASTER will automatically save any changes you make!
            Select the mission you want to use and then toggle the mission selector override switch. This turns it into text. Here, you'll add your settings for the mission parameters. It should look something like this:

class Missions {
    class Mission_Liberation_RX_Takistan {
        template = "Liberation_RX.Takistan";
        difficulty = "Custom";
        class Params {
            NightDuration = 0.25;
            DayDuration = 3;
            Introduction = 0;
            DeploymentCinematic = 0;
            Thermic = 2;
            ModPresetWest = 5;
            ModPresetEast = 7;
            FilterArsenal = 0;
            ResourcesMultiplier = 3;
            SectorRadius = 700;
            HideOpfor = 0;
        };
    };
};

To find the variables used, open the PBO file using your PBO editor. Open the file /ui/mission_params.hpp with notepad.
            You can see all the variable names used here.

SERVER tab:
            Here's the basic info for the server. Name, password (if needed), admin password are all self-explanatory.
            I suggest enabling BattlEye, else you'll get some sneaky dudes with the entire arsenal in their packs.
            NETWORK SETTINGS:
                If using UPNP, check the box.

VON SETTINGS:
                Disable VON if you're using TFAR or ACRE.

HEADLESS CLIENTS:
                If running this on a dedicated machine, I suggest enabling a headless client. This helps distribute some of the computing.
                    If BattlEye is enabled, there is an issue with authenticating a headless client. There is a fix explained at the bottom.

MOTD (extra, not necessary):
                Put whatever messages you want here. The delay between messages is measured in seconds.

SERVER ADVANCED (extra, not necessary):
                You can put your 64-bit Steam ID in the box at the bottom to enable easy login while in-game.

PERFORMANCE tab:
            These options should stay default unless you know what you're doing.

9.    Test launch! If you set it all up correctly, it should launch. Keep in mind some missions/maps are dependent on other mods.

BATTLEYE HEADLESS CLIENT AUTHENTICATION FIX:
    If your headless client is getting kicked by BattlEye, navigate to:
        %FASTER ARMA INSTALL DIRECTORY%\Servers\_2dd63923e1754e9aaa010beffaa33b3b_hc1\Users\headlessclient
        *Replace "_2dd63923e1754e9aaa010beffaa33b3b_hc1" with whatever string your server uses. It is randomly assigned to each profile by FASTER.
    Open the headlessclient file with a txt editor
    Add (anywhere):
        battleyeLicense=1;
    Save and exit
    Restart the server/client.

hello, do you have a guide on how to port this mission to other custom maps?

1 hour ago, disco.modder said:

hello, do you have a guide on how to port this mission to other custom maps?

Port LRX on another Island

look into the map folder to see the which files need to be edited, at this time, you only have to create 3 files to put LRX on a new map

- fixed_position.sqf -> define Markers for some location (ATM, Traders shop, Services, Fuel) not mandatory (could be empty at first)

- gameplay_constants.sqf -> define map specific variable (save name,sector size, ranking, ammo at start, day/nigh cycle) at first, only the save game name must be changed

- mission.sqm -> map specific location for Chimera (start base), capture points (city, military, tower, etc), markers for side mission, etc

(the easiest way is to use existing mission.sqm from another map (which fit map size) and move add,del existing marker

-----------------------------
Howto:
You want to port LRX to a map named "Utes" (size is like Stratis)

1 - unpack pbo from stratis, rename the folder to "Liberation_RX.Utes"
2 - change the save name in gameplay_constants.sqf
3 - open the new map in Eden and adjust all marker (Chimera, capture points, etc) locations
save and repack pbo

note:
keep the Chimera and spawn location as a solid bloc.
the radio tower marker spawn the tower itself, no need to create it on eden

markers meaning/functions:

opfor_airspawnXXX : where the Opfor aircraft spawn for counterstrike / paratrooper
opfor_pointXXX :  where the Opfor counter strike spawn (must be a plane area, spaced on the map)

MissionXXX : general purpose side mission spawn points
ForestMissionXXX : forest oriented side mission spawn points
SunkenMissionXXX : water  oriented side mission spawn points

feel free to come on our Discord if you have more questions
https://discord.gg/uCRzJ7wauR

• Like 1

Hello! Is there a way to save local host parameters after exiting the game and load them on next launch?

Loving this mission, though i've had the same issue on 2 out of 3 maps.

On Chernarus 2020 and Cam Lao, all players eventually get hit with the Bete Noire notification, constantly, to the point where it kills the server. Any input as to why this is, and only on these maps?

hnEudog.jpg

JS3pA5m.jpg

Edited by meccmax
Added images

9 hours ago, meccmax said:

Loving this mission, though i've had the same issue on 2 out of 3 maps.

On Chernarus 2020 and Cam Lao, all players eventually get hit with the Bete Noire notification, constantly, to the point where it kills the server. Any input as to why this is, and only on these maps?

Hi, maybe these map are outdated

please update CamLoad from my github repo

and Chenarus from the Z@Warrior repo
https://github.com/AT-Eddy/Liberation-RX

let me know if it solve your issue !

you can come to our discord to discuss with modder, I see a warning about Chera2000

4 hours ago, pSiKO said:

Hi, maybe these map are outdated

please update CamLoad from my github repo

and Chenarus from the Z@Warrior repo
https://github.com/AT-Eddy/Liberation-RX

let me know if it solve your issue !

you can come to our discord to discuss with modder, I see a warning about Chera2000

Thank you for the quick reply. 

Both servers are running the latest mission from the Github. The Cam Lao one was even setup fresh yesterday. 

21 hours ago, meccmax said:

Thank you for the quick reply. 

Both servers are running the latest mission from the Github. The Cam Lao one was even setup fresh yesterday. 

have you kept the server log file when it happen ?
is so, send it to me in mp please

Good news for anyone who wants custom settings in LRX,

I added a local mission_param.sqf file that you can use to store your settings.

a kind of server.cfg emulation but in the mission pbo.
it's a simple key=value file with all the LRX parameters you can use.

(accept decimal values too)

no need to edit mission_params.hpp anymore, and save your settings for an update is easier!

the parameter priority stack is as follows:

(highest) mission_param.sqf (in pbo)

mission_params.hpp (default value)

ingame Parameters settings

server.cfg config file (dedicated server)

note last version also add:

A way better ACE support (with blacklist and missing objects)
A slightly Better Squad Spawn logic  🙂
Locked vehicle prevent AI boarding (solve issues with taxi)
Add TerrainCutter (Hide (lots of) Terrain Objects) in MP

Add CSAT Pacific template

fix "bete noire" can be a nightmare
and a bucket of fix/upgrade

Have fun !

A new LRX version is out!

warning!! old savegame is not supported, a wipe is needed 😞

but... 🙂
upgrade engine perf
code refacto
save objects vector (orientation)
build object follow terrain/sea mode
better player loadout logic
some fix and..

the Global Warehouse! 🙂
where you an store side mission objects.
it's a special place you can build near FOB, to store object for side mission (water, fuel, etc)
it's the only place where you can exchange the items for ammo (they are no more recyclable)
you are paid when you store an item
you pay the same price for taking out
all warehouse are connected

• Like 1