11 hours ago, justyilnibbio said:

hi guys, I have a problem that I don't understand, every time I create one or more AI they disappear after less than a couple of minutes, all of them, even if I create 5, after a few minutes they all disappear one by one, on classical liberation I don't It happens

sorry, this was a bugged version , please update

9 hours ago, pSiKO said:

sorry, this was a bugged version , please update

I understood the problem, delete the AI when there is the data saving, I did various tests with the saving times and it is so, what is the latest updated version?

1 hour ago, justyilnibbio said:

I understood the problem, delete the AI when there is the data saving, I did various tests with the saving times and it is so, what is the latest updated version?

that's it !

I've updated Github and Steam version (github is always the latest version)

On 4/4/2022 at 2:02 AM, M.Mosley said:

I cannot get zeus to open. 

I am logged in as admin (it's my own dedicated server on my 2nd computer) and I am in the commander slot. 

I am using FASTER to host my server. 

I can't figure out why I can't get into zeus. I had no problem in KP liberation. 

Had the same issue with Zeus. Try to die on a Commander slot. That works for me. After that Zeus works.

Steam version updated

- ACE compat

- new lib for spawning

- backup player squad/loadout on exit

- faction classname update

-  add Jukebox

- various bugfix 🙂

have fun!

Hello,

First of all many thanks for this mission file, I am enjoying it a lot with my friends the last couple of weeks!
I am a new Server Admin and would have some questions, please ignore my ignorance if they have already been answered.

- Difficulty:

The mission_param.cfg Difficulty setting affects what exactly? Does it affect the AI skill and precision?
I am configuring a custom difficulty in the Arma server profile with custom AI skill and precision.

- Advanced Flight Models:
I see you set forceRotorLibSimulation = 2; in the description.ext,

I did set forceRotorLibSimulation = 1; in my server.cfg on the request of my designated pilot,

Will my setting override yours? If yes, does it break anything on your mission file (e.g. heli taxi etc?)

- In general, do I understand correctly that Liberation-RX is a fork of the original GREUH and not of Liberation KP?
I am asking because something looking up information or tutorials for e.g. the build menu I am not finding a lot of Info on Liberation RX, but if GREUH or KP is valid information for your mission file I know where my friends and I can get educated!

Thanks a lot again for all of your work.

EDIT (some more questions and I am sorry for spamming!)
- Am I right that logistics has mostly been removed in RX compared to GREUH or KP?

- If we play as a 3 guys team, is it necessary to learn High Command to protect our FOBs and captured sectors using friendly AI?

- When you release a new PBO on Github, is it generally safe to shutdown my Arma 3 server executable, replace the current PBO with the new one and then start it again without having issues on the savegame?

Hi, thanks for the feedback !

I'll try to answer all of your questions 🙂

- Difficulty

Difficulty setting affects what exactly? Does it affect the AI skill and precision?

The mission_param.cfg Difficulty mostly  impact the number of enemies AI and the combat readiness management

There is no more hardcoded AI skill, now it's managed by calling the BIS function BIS_fnc_EXP_camp_dynamicAISkill

- Advanced Flight Models:

Will my setting override yours? If yes, does it break anything on your mission file (e.g. heli taxi etc?)

As I know the server.cfg take precedence over description.ext, I don't think it change the AI behaviour (in taxi/enemies) only the player

- Liberation-RX is a fork of the original GREUH and not of Liberation KP?

yes, Liberation RX is a fork of the original GREUH Liberation (not from KP), heavily modified.

because we (KP and RX) all share the same base (GREUH) many tutorial/doc can apply to both,

but for the specific things (ranking, pnj, rules, economy, etc..) on RX, I need time to write documentation 🙂

feel free to participate and if you do some wiki, I'll be glad to add it to the project !

(the best place to find info about RX ,  is here in the past messages and on our discord)

- Am I right that logistics has mostly been removed in RX compared to GREUH or KP?

for me "logistics " mean economy and building,  there is very little in GREUH, I don't know about KP.

in RX you can build lots of buildings (even the bigger one), move/rotate them where you want

you can load/unload object from/to vehicles or tow or lift almost all objects

(on curtains truck, you can even put objects on top. like the Arsenal box, so players and Ai can refill without moving the box)

the economy is private to player (no sharing)

you can use tents or taxi to move quickly around the map

a garage to safely store your vehicles (including cargo)

an autonomous static AI weapons defence

btw, tell me what 'logistics' component, you think is removed/missing ?

- If we play as a 3 guys team, is it necessary to learn High Command to protect our FOBs and captured sectors using friendly AI?

I don't thinks so, you can build static defence to protect your fob, and a group of defenders spawn when your fob is attacked

plus you can build a extra squad to protect some locations

imho, the HCI is useful for Commander and/or to play artillery/drone or in solo

- When you release a new PBO on Github, is it generally safe to shutdown my Arma 3 server executable, replace the current PBO with the new one and then start it again without having issues on the savegame?

yes, I'll try to release 'working' update of the mission (but sometime I fail :)!)  so, without an explicit warning,  you can safely use the new pbo

I hope it will help you, do no hesitate to ask more questions 😉

good game !

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Regarding the logistics, I think I saw in some other Liberation mods that after taking a location, a crate is spawned that needs to be transported to the FOB.

But I realize in RX the players get Ammo and Fuel automatically so that part is removed I assume.
Is there a reason that the slinging & towing mechanic is not the vanilla one where you actually see ropes and the physics of the load are more realistic?

Also, I saw in Antistasi that the towing is also with an actual rope and more physics but I don't know if this is an additional script or vanilla feature. 

We had some problems to find out the mechanics for Fuel/Repair and Respawn Tent but think now we have got it sorted out. 
At the beginning it is confusing that we have the vanilla inventory and the R3F inventory but it all starts to make sense slowly.

We are now at almost 50% alert level and failed to attack the first military base so I wonder when the CSAT will come tear apart our FOB - we will need to see how the static defence works very soon.

Anyways we are having a good time with your mission file, so thanks once more for all of your work.

hi, additional answer

Regarding the logistics, I think I saw in some other Liberation mods that after taking a location, a crate is spawned that needs to be transported to the FOB.

But I realize in RX the players get Ammo and Fuel automatically so that part is removed I assume.

You have the choice, with the parameters 'Passive Income' enabled, it transform ammbox in ammo credit (whiteout transport + recycle)

if disabled (the default) you have to collect by yourself the ammo box and recycle them at FOB or at Shop (less ammo)

it's the same for 'economy' objects:  water,fuel barrels and the food stack

these objects spawn only on certain locations

Is there a reason that the slinging & towing mechanic is not the vanilla one where you actually see ropes and the physics of the load are more realistic?

you have both enabled, the realistic (from Arma) with rope, but it don't work with every objects I want

and the one from R3F Logistic (R3F team) without rope, but much more configurable (work with everything)

Also, I saw in Antistasi that the towing is also with an actual rope and more physics but I don't know if this is an additional script or vanilla feature. 

(maybe from an addons, don't know)

We had some problems to find out the mechanics for Fuel/Repair and Respawn Tent

feel free to ask 🙂

LRX is still in development, let me know if you have any great ideas to add to the mission!

@pSiKO, your Liberation is the best. Thanks!

There is some question:
After placing the starting FOB, it cannot be collapsed for moving, it says that I am not the owner. This is very inconvenient because there is a need to move the FOB at the beginning. And the creation of a new FOB requires a lot of resources and the rank of colonel, which takes a lot of time. Can something be done about it? Not using the Admin Menu - I'm a fan of fair play.

hi,

you're right the placement of the first fob is very important,

but because the first fob if given to you for free (even if you lost it), we can't set the ownership to the player who setup it.

(it's like if the game offer one FOB to the first player)

note that before building fob, you can built outpost (cheaper but with less functionality)

i'm still open to code another mechanism, if it's fair play 😉

I noticed that the Export Game button in the Admin Menu exports the last save data, not the current state.  I think it would be logical to add a save function to this button.

And another question: does the Level up of my AI units affect anything? Does it increase their skill, accuracy?

44 minutes ago, CAM0M1lE said:

And another question: does the Level up of my AI units affect anything? Does it increase their skill, accuracy?

yes, for each level AI Skills upgrade

10 hours ago, CAM0M1lE said:

Which file contains save data?

the server arma3 profile file

example on window:

"C:\Users\pSiKO\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\server\server.vars.Arma3Profile"

On 7/2/2022 at 1:31 PM, pSiKO said:

The mission_param.cfg Difficulty mostly  impact the number of enemies AI

What then does the Unitcap parameter in ui/mission_params.hpp affect?

9 minutes ago, CAM0M1lE said:

What then does the Unitcap parameter in ui/mission_params.hpp affect?

it's the factor for maximum number of enemies units

15 hours ago, CAM0M1lE said:

I noticed that the Export Game button in the Admin Menu exports the last save data, not the current state.  I think it would be logical to add a save function to this button.

What about it?
When I press the button the state of the last autosave or exit from the mission is saved, not current state.
How I checked:
I go to the mission -> buy something about FOB -> click Export game -> exit the mission -> start the mission again -> click Import game -> paste the saved data: what I bought was not saved.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, CAM0M1lE said:

What about it?
When I press the button the state of the last autosave or exit from the mission is saved, not current state.
How I checked:
I go to the mission -> buy something about FOB -> click Export game -> exit the mission -> start the mission again -> click Import game -> paste the saved data: what I bought was not saved.

it's the current state, but you have to wait some seconds (3~4), bc your local object is not immediately synchronized with server

btw, the save game was not working properly in local MP, it's fixed now !

On 7/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, pSiKO said:

btw, the save game was not working properly in local MP, it's fixed now !

Thanks, now everything works as it should!

Is it possible to disable mines and suicide bombers?

Is it possible to make changes to the rank system or disable it altogether?
Change kill reward values, or lower the requirements for new ranks.
When playing solo, the rank increases very slowly.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:53 AM, CAM0M1lE said:

Is it possible to disable mines and suicide bombers?

Is it possible to make changes to the rank system or disable it altogether?
Change kill reward values, or lower the requirements for new ranks.
When playing solo, the rank increases very slowly.

I don't think it's a good idea
if it's too hard, try using the admin menu

(at start, focus on economy and side missions)

LRX Update:

- New rank "Super Colonel"

- update Admin Menu

- add Volume slider for ear plug

- rewrite trader/sell shop

- rewrite Airdrop
- fix permissions for public vehicles and user placed objects

- AirDrop cost can be defined in classnames

- several little fix 🙂

- mod_template update (rhs, cwr3, opfor)

have fun !

you should try Tanoa with SoG units !

note: pbo are now in https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX/releases

• Like 1