Special Mod Support update

- add Ai auto re ammo (every enemy created is fully rearmed)
- add a minimal whitelist when filtering is used

to add toolbox/medikit or other important missing equipment
- mod filtering now accept several mod at time

Note about Arsenal and Filtering

- Enable the Virtual Arsenal (default: enabled)
enable or not the access to the virtual arsenal.
when disabled, the player don't have access to equipment dialog nor can load gear preset
the Arsenal box is only used by Ai as an ammo reloading point
note:
 the filtering still can be activated to limit equipment for a mod
 the white/black list still can be used to add/remove equipment

- Enable the limited Virtual Arsenal  (default: enabled)
enable or not the use of black list for equipment
note:
 when disabled the filtering is also disabled
 all available equipment can be used
 the whitelist still can be used to force the availability of an equipment

- MOD filter: CUP (default: disabled)
use filtering based on this mod, only equipment from this mod is available.
a minimal whitelist is present to add missing equipment

- MOD filter: RHS (default: disabled)
idem

- MOD filter: R3F (default: disabled)
idem
etc..

Important info:
these settings can be mixed together

ex:
- No arsenal box and no filter at all
- No arsenal box and use of default blacklist
- No arsenal box and use only equipment from mods CUP

- Arsenal box and no filter at all
- Arsenal box and use of default blacklist
- Arsenal box and only equipment from mods R3F
- Arsenal box and only equipment from mods CUP + RHS

by default settings:

arsenal is activated + blacklist filtering and no mod filters are enabled

3 hours ago, pSiKO said:

for mobile spawns, you can choose how many spawn points you want to allow (MaxSpawnPoint)

for abandoned spawn points (tents or vehicles abandoned by the player), another player must take ownership (by locking vehicle or by packing / unpacking tent)

for locked spawn points (vehicle only), they do not appear on the spawn list (and do not count as a resource)

Did I ask how mobile spawn veh. works ? Don't think so.

I show You one example from yesterday that I hade on my server.

4players

Spawn at FOB, I build Mobile Respawn (truck)

Packed in truck we drove to nearest mission.

Fight was intense (3x tank, 2xKamysh, Tiger, few Ifrits....shit lot of enemy troops)

I decide to respawn at FOB, take F16 and be CAS.

After we won we want to drive mobile respawn to another mission but.....only I can be a driver.

It won't be an issue couse I could abandon that truck but it won't be respawn point any more.

Solution would be if every player drive his own mobile respawn truck but.....that it's simply stupid.

So is there a way for abandon/unlocked veh. could be respawn point ?

@pSiKO do You play on any public servers that are using Your Liberation RX mission ?

On 1/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, pSiKO said:

Hi Muz,

very good point!

I'll will disable the follow Halo/Redeploy for the others human players in a squad.

Thanks

And thank you, good sir!

However, that issue with the The Aircraft Wreck Search and Rescue/Downed Chopper secondary mission has reared it's ugly head again. 😞 

The Search and Rescue secondary mission spawned near Zeloran Military, together with the mission marker as expected. We did not request this at FOB - this happened automatically as if it were an a3w sidemission.

None of us were even near the FOB.

The timer timed out after 60 minutes (we think) as we were busy with other areas, and the mission marker (Red Diagonals in a Circle with a Question mark at center) disappeared.

We did not notice if the mission had failed or not, but the marker was definitely gone.

When we had finished what we were busy with, we tried to start another secondary mission (FOB hunt) at our FOB, but were unable to do so. The Secondary Missions were greyed out =disabled.

Luckily I had taken note of the area that the mission had spawned, and was able to use Admin menu to travel there and check.

Sure enough, no marker, but the Wreck (on fire), pilots, and Enemy all spawned in and were all still active. This seems to indicate that the triggers are working and the mission itself is fine.

We then did the mission (no marker for the entire time) and once that was done, secondary missions again became available at our FOB.

I have not checked through the scripts for the mission and so am not sure that the above behavior is as designed. If this is the case, it may warrant a selection setting in the config to select whether the marker stays or disappears.

Thank You

Muz

18 hours ago, Fiero_185th said:

I decide to respawn at FOB, take F16 and be CAS.

After we won we want to drive mobile respawn to another mission but.....only I can be a driver.

It won't be an issue couse I could abandon that truck but it won't be respawn point any more.

Solution would be if every player drive his own mobile respawn truck but.....that it's simply stupid.

So is there a way for abandon/unlocked veh. could be respawn point ?

I see some options:

-  you can go back and drive yourself the truck

-  you can abandon the truck, so another player can drive the truck and you do halo jump to re take ownership (and respawn will work)

-  you can abandon the truck, so another player can take ownership and drive the truck

(respawn works because the veh is no more abandoned)

- other player have a tent loaded in a veh cargo (the truck or other) and he takes out the tent to place it

If I let abandoned veh to be a respawn point, there no way to control the number of respawn points

@pSiKO do You play on any public servers that are using Your Liberation RX mission ?

A lot !

how else to test

I host the mission on our server since a long time, and each mission (with mod or not) is tested with friends to hunt bug and improve gameplay

14 hours ago, muzashi1964 said:

secondary mission has reared it's ugly head again. 😞 

there must be a bug somewhere ! 🙂

note that there are two types of side missions:

- the a3w style (plane wreck, delivery, city invasion, etc.)

they start automatically

there can be several missions at the same time

they are time limited, only provide ammo or XP as a reward

the marker is almost accurate

- the original Liberation mission (fob hunt, convoy, sar)

can be started manually (Secondary Objectives)

but they can start automatically if no commander has started one (wait 1 hour before automatic start,  fob Hunting is never started)

there can be only one missions at the same time

they never end (no time limit)

the marker is only a search area

these missions reduce the aggressivity of opfor

according what you report it seem that the mission marker gone. (i don't know why)

I investigate this point

you can found events on side mission start/stop in the diary of the mission (when map is open see journal)

Thanks for feedback, I keep you in touch

15 hours ago, pSiKO said:

there must be a bug somewhere ! 🙂

note that there are two types of side missions:

- the a3w style (plane wreck, delivery, city invasion, etc.)

they start automatically

there can be several missions at the same time

they are time limited, only provide ammo or XP as a reward

the marker is almost accurate

- the original Liberation mission (fob hunt, convoy, sar)

can be started manually (Secondary Objectives)

but they can start automatically if no commander has started one (wait 1 hour before automatic start,  fob Hunting is never started)

there can be only one missions at the same time

they never end (no time limit)

the marker is only a search area

these missions reduce the aggressivity of opfor

according what you report it seem that the mission marker gone. (i don't know why)

I investigate this point

you can found events on side mission start/stop in the diary of the mission (when map is open see journal)

Thanks for feedback, I keep you in touch

Hi pSiKO,

Yes, it is one of the original secondary missions,SAR. The marker is disappearing. Had a quick look in the scripts that handle these originals, but have not found the cause yet.

Thanks for the reply.

Muz.

PS: joined your discord but i suspect we are going to have problems with the time difference. I am in New Zealand 😏

How could I remove the virtual arsenal and add the weapons that are purchased as if they were vehicles? I already achieved it by adding the class name but when giving build it disappears. And the ammunition boxes come out empty???😟

On 1/22/2022 at 9:21 PM, socjoe said:

Easy to port over to other maps?

Hi,

I'll do my best to facilitate migration to any map 🙂

look into the map folder to see the which files need to be edited, at this time, you only have to create 3 files to put LRX on a new map

fixed_position.sqf  -> define Markers for some location (ATM, Traders shop, Services,  Fuel) not mandatory (could be empty at first)

gameplay_constants.sqf -> define map specific variable (save name,sector size,  ranking,  ammo at start, day/nigh cycle) at first, only the save game name must be changed

mission.sqm -> map specific location for Chimera (start base), capture points (city, military, tower, etc), markers for side mission, etc
(the easiest way is to use existing mission.sqm from another map (which fit map size)  and move add,del existing marker

example: you want to port LRX to a map named "Utes" (size is like Stratis)

• unpack pbo from stratis, rename the folder to "Liberation_RX.Utes"
  • change the save name in gameplay_constants.sqf
  • open the new map in Eden and adjust all marker (Chimera, capture points, etc) locations
  • save and repack pbo

you should good to go

note: template for mod (RHS,CUP,SoG,WS,etc) are independent from the map.

aka, you can choose any factions defined in "mod_template" folder on any map

Have fun !

On 1/26/2022 at 6:02 AM, pSiKO said:

Hi,

I'll do my best to facilitate migration to any map 🙂

look into the map folder to see the which files need to be edited, at this time, you only have to create 3 files to put LRX on a new map

fixed_position.sqf  -> define Markers for some location (ATM, Traders shop, Services,  Fuel) not mandatory (could be empty at first)

gameplay_constants.sqf -> define map specific variable (save name,sector size,  ranking,  ammo at start, day/nigh cycle) at first, only the save game name must be changed

mission.sqm -> map specific location for Chimera (start base), capture points (city, military, tower, etc), markers for side mission, etc
(the easiest way is to use existing mission.sqm from another map (which fit map size)  and move add,del existing marker

example: you want to port LRX to a map named "Utes" (size is like Stratis)

• unpack pbo from stratis, rename the folder to "Liberation_RX.Utes"
  • change the save name in gameplay_constants.sqf
  • open the new map in Eden and adjust all marker (Chimera, capture points, etc) locations
  • save and repack pbo

you should good to go

note: template for mod (RHS,CUP,SoG,WS,etc) are independent from the map.

aka, you can choose any factions defined in "mod_template" folder on any map

Have fun !

Thank you 🙂

On 2/28/2022 at 2:46 AM, barreto.alexandre said:

How do I increase the amount of enemy bots? ...the number of bots and the number of players

hi,
in Game parameters, you can change:

-Difficulty (overall IA skills)
-Aggressivity (counter battle group, overall enemy reaction)
-Unitcap factor (maximum units allowed )   <<===  (change this one)

when unitcap = 1, the maximal units is 180

There is only 10 slot for players (need map editing to add more)

hi EdFox,

again, thanks a lot for your template !

will be merged to LRX main branch in next release

Maybe it is possible in a later version to define the taxi-types also via the mod_templates.
Thus, a separate composition could be used for each faction.
No idea if this is easy to implement.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:46 AM, Ed Fox said:

Maybe it is possible in a later version to define the taxi-types also via the mod_templates.
Thus, a separate composition could be used for each faction.
No idea if this is easy to implement.

yep, sounds a good idea, it's a bit of work though.

because I have to put the taxi declaration in every east and west classnames (to make a mix of available chopper) for a selected modset

i'll see how to do it 😇

edit: I will add a new file taxi_classnames.sqf in each mod_template sub folder and merge them.

Sounds very nice - thank you.

A similar problem exists with the RESISTANCE.

The definitions in the file "classnames.sqf" resistance_squad = []
can unfortunately also not be overwritten with own definitions. 
I.e. it always spawns only FIA-Indeps like "I_G_Soldier_SL_F".

Question:
If I see this correctly, settings in "crewman.sqf", "b_soldier_aa_f.sqf" and "b_soldier_at_f.sqf" are no longer required, right ?

hi,

- you're right with the Resistance, but It's a mistake, it should can be overriden
I need to add code to handle the resistance_squad = [] list correctly !

(the globmob classname use custom resistance_squad )

- the custom loadout definition present in loadout sub folder (\mod_template\A3_BLU\loadout)
are used when you want to override a unit equipment by declaring unit's classname in one of these list

militia_loadout_overide = [] and/or runits_loadout_overide = []

if you declare a classname in one of these list, the game will apply the custom loadout to the unit

ex:

units_loadout_overide = [

"B_medic_F"

];

when you build an "B_medic_F" unit type, the loadout of the unit will be modified by

(\mod_template\A3_BLU\loadout\b_medic_f.sqf) file

the loadout folder can be empty if you don't want to override a unit loadout, but you have to remove any declaration in militia_loadout_overide = [] and/or runits_loadout_overide = []

"crewman.sqf" is mandatory

hi,

I've updated the github repo,

patch should fix the two points:

- heli taxi classname definition now depend of both factions used in mission (west and east)

a new file in mod_template sub folder name: "classnames_taxi.sqf" declare (or not) the choppers classname to be used

if no declaration are made, the default value are used

- fix resistance_squad override

please test the latest build and tell me if it's work

Hello pSiKO

Thank you very much for your explanations. 
Especially the use of the units_loadout_overide is very helpful. With this I can retrofit one in case of a missing AA-soldier for example.

I have tested your changes.
Overwriting resistance_squad[] works without problems.

However, overwriting the taxi-settings works differently than expected. You extend the default_taxi_types with overide_taxi_types.
My idea was actually to swap the default_taxi_types with the overide_taxi_types.

---- taxi_type_2 example:
if ( count overide_taxi_type_2 == 0 ) then { overide_taxi_type_2 = default_taxi_type_2 };
taxi_type_2 = overide_taxi_type_2;
//taxi_type_2 = taxi_type_2 arrayIntersect taxi_type_2;
------

But the changed code works fine without errors.

Heya,

Thanks for of all for your continued work on this 🙂

I've been modifying to my own needs (only slightly TBH) and playing solo for a while. I've come to enjoy your system of resource management more than KP Lib's once I really gave it a try.. I can't figure out support though.

I read someone saying that they added their support to show up in a callout window (like it does in vanilla or KP)

Is there an easy way to do this? Can I straight rip the script from the KP one and look for all references and try to fit them in, or are the differences too vast?

Thank you either way:D

Hello pSiKO,

In the meantime I have extended the number of supported factions. The result is on the same share:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z4pzi9bCKAklsrF0v4Hj9aA9icwEiAhH?usp=sharing

Feel free to implement it to your project. At the moment there are the following factions available:

CUP AFRF (EAST)
CUP Sahrani Desert (EAST)
Project Opfor Ukrainian Armed Forces (WEST/EAST)
Project Opfor Takistani Armed Forces (EAST)
Project Opfor Sahrani Liberation Army (EAST)
3CB British Armed Forces Woodland (WEST/EAST)
3CB British Armed Forces Desert (WEST/EAST)
3CB Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star (WEST/EAST)
BWMod Bundeswehr Tropentarn (WEST)

Thanks for your great project and your support.

10 hours ago, Keimdal said:

Heya,

Thanks for of all for your continued work on this 🙂

I've been modifying to my own needs (only slightly TBH) and playing solo for a while. I've come to enjoy your system of resource management more than KP Lib's once I really gave it a try.. I can't figure out support though.

I read someone saying that they added their support to show up in a callout window (like it does in vanilla or KP)

Is there an easy way to do this? Can I straight rip the script from the KP one and look for all references and try to fit them in, or are the differences too vast?

Thank you either way:D 

hi,

can you give me more details on what you call "support" ?  (a picture ?)

btw, in LRX you have an 'Air Support" menu, which allows you to call for vehicle's airdrop or to call a taxi

give me more info and I see what I can do 🙂

5 hours ago, Ed Fox said:

Hello pSiKO,

In the meantime I have extended the number of supported factions. The result is on the same share:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z4pzi9bCKAklsrF0v4Hj9aA9icwEiAhH?usp=sharing

Feel free to implement it to your project. At the moment there are the following factions available:

CUP AFRF (EAST)
CUP Sahrani Desert (EAST)
Project Opfor Ukrainian Armed Forces (WEST/EAST)
Project Opfor Takistani Armed Forces (EAST)
Project Opfor Sahrani Liberation Army (EAST)
3CB British Armed Forces Woodland (WEST/EAST)
3CB British Armed Forces Desert (WEST/EAST)
3CB Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star (WEST/EAST)
BWMod Bundeswehr Tropentarn (WEST)

Thanks for your great project and your support.

Awesome work my friend !!

I very glad to add it in the master branch of LRX

I tell you when it's merged,

Thanks a lot !

14 hours ago, pSiKO said:

hi,

can you give me more details on what you call "support" ?  (a picture ?)

btw, in LRX you have an 'Air Support" menu, which allows you to call for vehicle's airdrop or to call a taxi

give me more info and I see what I can do 🙂

Thanks for the reply 😄

I'm referring to support such as this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:A3_commMenu.jpg

The artillery does not have to be in your squad, you can access it by hitting the ~ key, going to "Supports" and then "Artillery", "Mortar 82m" (or whatever unit it is) and then select the barrage ammunition and amount of rounds.

In KP Liberation for example, there is a script ( scripts\server\support\fn_createSuppModules.sqf ) that I believes handles the actual creation of the menu, but the classnames are defined in the kp_liberation_config.sqf -the same way refuel and rearm sources are defined, (the following is an excerpt from the KP config)

// Classnames of artillery vehicles, which should be added to the support module
// (Needed/Favorized as BIS_SUPP_eligible_Artillery from the support module isn't broadcasted over the network and may hold unwanted vehicles)
KP_liberation_suppMod_artyVeh = [  ];

When you build for example a static and AI manned artillery piece, it gets added to the comm menu

I love the 'Air Support' menu! I have found the taxi and airdrops to be incredibly reliable! Right now if I want artillery though (as a solo player), I have to leave two of my men in a gun and use it that way x)