45 minutes ago, Komaros said:

I see, well it doesnt work 😞 unfortunately

maybe you know script which globally removes blacklisted items from missions? I was looking here but without success. 

I saw that you have made Liberation RX red, is it prologue to pvp version? 🙂

I gonna look how to blacklist apers weapons,

hehe, maybe 🙂 at least i have the code to handle red and blue

the PvP version is on my mind !

21 hours ago, Komaros said:

I see, well it doesnt work 😞 unfortunately

maybe you know script which globally removes blacklisted items from missions? I was looking here but without success. 

I saw that you have made Liberation RX red, is it prologue to pvp version? 🙂

I push a fix for the arsenal blacklist, please retry

edit:

I fix the fix 🙂 plz retry

Hello there!

We are playing quite a lot this scenario on a dedicated server those past days and we have some feedback to you. First, thanx for the vehicle permissions and the clean up fix!

- In the same idea, we sometimes had some trouble with the AI in our squads when we die. Actually, they try to save/heal us even if they are many kilometers away (like waiting in the FOB near the evac heli we prepared for emergencies), so, as soon as we are injured and there is no AI able to heal us in the vicinity, they try to cross the map on foot to reach us! I don't know if there is a distance limiter for that ability but if that's the case it doesn't work as intended (thumbs up for my heli pilot able to cross 5km before I discover his attempt).  

- We encounter an issue with prisoners refusing to climb in a minigun boat or helicopter to be brought back to the FOB, that was quite a pain to find a vehicle and cross the OPFOR lines while we put so many efforts to attack their rear lines 😉

- We sometimes got issues with the "Join fight" image at the connection that doesn't appear (we have to reconnect again, sometimes many times).

- We spend a lot of time rebuilding our squads and inventories at each start because of the necessary reset between each session. We tried to let the server run without players but after a day it's impossible to connect again, it stops on the file reception. So, we tried a mod that save MP sessions in the hope we could at least keep our AIs (without success) and one that allow loading/saving of vehicles inventories to speed up the process but it needs a original BIS or ACE Arsenal to work, the script doesn't recognize the Liberation Arsenal. 

- We also used some MCC4 zeus modules on the go with success, to add ambient birds (when crossing vegetation, they fly away, revealing your position), fire (the fire spread and sometimes burn a lot of things in the vicinity), and finally MCC civilians which add a bit more chaos with vehicles and "living" civilians spawning around the players positions with panic reactions and variable behavior (not sure if they give us penalties like the regular ones, but MCC use his own system so they finally become hostiles if we attack them and sometimes reveal themselves as hostiles and armed!). Seems there are no issues with MCC mod which also adds a lot of possibilities for the admin in case of something going wrong.

Congratz on those missions, with all the isles and configurations that's a lot of fun and perfectly match our way to play! Thanks!

Th.

hi @zegolem !!

some quick answers 🙂

- we sometimes had some trouble with the AI in our squads when we die. Actually, they try to save/heal us even if they are many kilometers away (like waiting in the FOB near the evac heli we prepared for emergencies), so, as soon as we are injured and there is no AI able to heal us in the vicinity, they try to cross the map on foot to reach us!
I don't know if there is a distance limiter for that ability (yes) but if that's the case it doesn't work as intended (sad) (thumbs up for my heli pilot able to cross 5km before I discover his attempt).

-> Must be fixed (I set the radius to 500m, above this distance Ai must stop and wait)

-> the trickier part is that when you die an AI takes the leadership and starts ordering the other members, I can't do much to stop this

- We encounter an issue with prisoners refusing to climb in a minigun boat or helicopter to be brought back to the FOB, that was quite a pain to find a vehicle and cross the OPFOR lines while we put so many efforts to attack their rear lines ??

-> Note that prisoners can only board as passenger (no gunner, driver, commander)

-> use the mobile respawn to redeploy to FOB with prisoners

- We sometimes got issues with the "Join fight" image at the connection that doesn't appear (we have to reconnect again, sometimes many times).

-> Should be fixed

- We spend a lot of time rebuilding our squads and inventories at each start because of the necessary reset between each session. We tried to let the server run without players but after a day it's impossible to connect again, it stops on the file reception. So, we tried a mod that save MP sessions in the hope we could at least keep our AIs (without success) and one that allow loading/saving of vehicles inventories to speed up the process but it n?eeds a original BIS or ACE Arsenal to work, the script doesn't recognize the Liberation Arsenal.  

-> "we tried a mod that save MP sessions"  -> not a good way. (LRX must use his own load/save logic)
-> use the parameter "persistent = 0;" in server cfg, to put the server in wait state when the last player disconnect

-> actually AI cannot be saved (beside the unit itself there is logic and code)

-> to speed-up Ai setup, save a loadout for your AI and use it with the "LikeMe" button in squad management.
-> The same to Promote a unit ("level UP")

FYI, I'm starting to work on the PvP version, there is a lot of work (damn a lot!)

Is there a way to be able to create fob's but Stop the ability to purchase anything at the new Fobs and limit it to the Start FOB to purchase anything more strategic- I am trying to get the chopper pilots to do more work and bring all supplies / Vehicles / Men up to the FOB'S but not sure if its possible ?

I just sorted Liberation to run on my Terrain , but wanted to move to this version as just seen it  , can i just Copy over my missions.sqm   - what else  would I need to do to update for a new Terrain ?

Many thanks  🙂

4 minutes ago, 1para{god-father} said:

Is there a way to be able to create fob's but Stop the ability to purchase anything at the new Fobs and limit it to the Start FOB to purchase anything more strategic- I am trying to get the chopper pilots to do more work and bring all supplies / Vehicles / Men up to the FOB'S but not sure if its possible ?

I just sorted Liberation to run on my Terrain , but wanted to move to this version as just seen it  , can i just Copy over my missions.sqm   - what else  would I need to do to update for a new Terrain ?

Many thanks  🙂

Hi,

you can disable the "Build" menu when player is not near Chimera (first fob),  actually it's the opposite 🙂

look at: "core.liberation\scripts\client\actions\action_manager.sqf"

to port LRX on another Island, you need at least:

• compute_position.sqf   (markers on map found by engine)
  • fixed_position.sqf    (markers on map static)
  • gameplay_constants.sqf   the most important file, carefully edit
  • mission.sqm   the map mission

look at https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX/tree/master/maps  to see how it's done for another Island

Hello there!

Still a lot of fun with the missions (congratz for the "special" events like drop of paratroopers reinforcement covered by a gunship just in front of us! A nightmare to handle!).

However, we encountered an issue with our first "support" squads and the squad commands. The guys are acting totally dumb as soon as we gave an order with the menu, and seem conflicting with the high command usual UI (on the map or in direct mode, they act stupidly running everywhere, never reaching the waypoints or obeying orders). Is there a way to disable the squad management via the menu?

We also add the CH49-Mohawk as an alternative to the huron for the players who don't have the DLC, I had to use the parent name to make it work in the liberation addon of R3F logistics (the class name just broke the script for an unknown reason preventing any logistic operation!). 

1 hour ago, 1para{god-father} said:

Hi Where do I look to Change the AI  as would like to change what units spawn   thanks

hi,
look in "core.liberation\scripts\shared\classnames.sqf" you'll found all classnames used in LRX

1 hour ago, zegolem said:

Hello there!

Still a lot of fun with the missions (congratz for the "special" events like drop of paratroopers reinforcement covered by a gunship just in front of us! A nightmare to handle!).

However, we encountered an issue with our first "support" squads and the squad commands. The guys are acting totally dumb as soon as we gave an order with the menu, and seem conflicting with the high command usual UI (on the map or in direct mode, they act stupidly running everywhere, never reaching the waypoints or obeying orders). Is there a way to disable the squad management via the menu?

We also add the CH49-Mohawk as an alternative to the huron for the players who don't have the DLC, I had to use the parent name to make it work in the liberation addon of R3F logistics (the class name just broke the script for an unknown reason preventing any logistic operation!). 

glad to ear !

- "support" squads is just a bunch of soldiers with revive and reammo scripts enabled,
the main purpose is to put them somewhere (with an arsenal box) to defend a sector.

or at most to capture big city.

they are not an extend to your squad, but more like a "static weapons"

as you can see the player has limited control over them, the direct order with the menu "should" be respected, but ... 😉

anyway i'm not proud of this part 🙂 it needs to be finished.

to disable it (quick fix)

edit "core.liberation\scripts\shared\classnames.sqf"; near the end

change
build_lists = [[],infantry_units,light_vehicles,heavy_vehicles,air_vehicles,static_vehicles,buildings,support_vehicles,squads];
by
build_lists = [[],infantry_units,light_vehicles,heavy_vehicles,air_vehicles,static_vehicles,buildings,support_vehicles];

I plan to add an server option.

the huron alternative is already managed by the game.

look in server params: HuronType
{"CH-67 Huron", "UH-80 Ghost Hawk"};

it miss the the CH49-Mohawk, I push it in next update

thank !

I have ported it to my Terrain and all seems good apart from the ATM I get the marker but no options on th ATM  -  any idea's  ?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, 1para{god-father} said:

I have ported it to my Terrain and all seems good apart from the ATM I get the marker but no options on th ATM  -  any idea's  ?

Thanks

good to ear,

the ATM should work as all other markers (service/fuel)

code to detect marker is in "core.liberation\scripts\shared\functions\F_check_near.sqf"

btw, if you can send me the misson file, I can take a look 🙂

Hi people,

I have very good news for all of you,

I release the first version of Liberation RX - PvP,  a true 3 sides version.

there was lots of work, but now it run !

still in development state, don't be rude ! 😄

link to download mission

https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX-Pv/raw/main/build/Liberation_RX_PvP.Altis.pbo

feedback/bug report is welcome

Cheers !

• Thanks 1

Many thanks ill pm you the .pbo  , and looking forward to playing the PvP one now that really does sound like fun  🙂

any chance you could add native support for the most popular mods like rhs or unsung? or at least a brief video guide on how to port it? i think this is why this version is not that popular.... not everybody has the time or patience to learn how to write, having a simple config like kp where you can change a couple of values and are good to go would massively improve the popularity of this mod.

Hello, many thanx for your work and reactivity! We really enjoy those missions.

I was exploring your scripts a bit and I was wondering if it would be possible to convert the OPFOR spawn script to a Blufor/Resistance spawn script once the areas are captured to add a bit of ambiance to the towns crossed?

What should I watch out for so as not to break everything and how is despawn managed once the players are away to keep good server performance?

Another question, we want to avoid the despawn of side missions when players are in the vicinity (mainly resistance one or wrecks that feel strange suddenly vanishing).

Is the missionsController.sqf script (in server/missions/) the good one to look at, to add this?

1 hour ago, ciwawa said:

any chance you could add native support for the most popular mods like rhs or unsung? or at least a brief video guide on how to port it? i think this is why this version is not that popular.... not everybody has the time or patience to learn how to write, having a simple config like kp where you can change a couple of values and are good to go would massively improve the popularity of this mod.

you're right, for now I'll try to keep all classname for units and vehicle in a single file "core.liberation\scripts\shared\classnames.sqf"  to make customization easier.

but i need time to make template for rhs/usaf/r3f .. mod

it's not so difficult to change classenames for a mod,   look "weferlingen" map (https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX/tree/master/maps/Liberation_RX.gm_weferlingen_summer)

you'll  found only config files (no code needed) that need to be edited to use mod

if a kind soul, would make a tuto on this, I can teach him all I know 🙂

On 4/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, zegolem said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to convert the OPFOR spawn script to a Blufor/Resistance spawn script once the areas are captured to add a bit of ambiance to the towns crossed?

What should I watch out for so as not to break everything and how is despawn managed once the players are away to keep good server performance?

you mean make spawning blue/ind forces in captured town ?

it's a nice feature, take care of server perf !

look at "manage_xxx.sqf" (civilian/patrol/wildlife) controller scripts,  they are designed for this kind of job (manage spawn units add waypoints and cleanup)

if you add your new scripts beside the others and call them separately (execVM), you should be fine 🙂

Another question, we want to avoid the despawn of side missions when players are in the vicinity (mainly resistance one or wrecks that feel strange suddenly vanishing).

Is the missionsController.sqf script (in server/missions/) the good one to look at, to add this?

also a good point!

better look at "scripts\server\a3w\missions\missionProcessor.sqf"

line 97

_failed = ((!isNil "_waitUntilCondition" && {call _waitUntilCondition}) || diag_tickTime - _startTime >= _missionTimeout || count allPlayers == 0);

if i got some time, I'll implement this

added in last update 🙂

I add several little fix:

- Side mission take nearby player in count

- don't save player's low score vehicles

- add huron alternative ("CH-67 Huron", "CH-49 Mohawk", "UH-80 Ghost Hawk")

- can build 0 cost AI (like dog) even when the squad is full

- static weapons can re ammo like other vehicles (no more need for special ammobox)

- Praetorian defence is build with AI (work with save/load game)

First glance, this mission seems pretty cool, but I have a small complaint: I'm trying out the Tanoa version (can't comment on other maps), and every single time I spawned on the FOB (brand new save), it spawned me up about 50 feet in the air and I would fall to my death. It took quickly entering Zeus mode and teleporting to the ground before I had a fatal encounter with gravity to save me from a fourth consecutive death. Is there anything that can be done to fix that or is that a problem on my end (and if so, what's the trick to fixing it)?

1 hour ago, maccrawinthejaw said:

First glance, this mission seems pretty cool, but I have a small complaint: I'm trying out the Tanoa version (can't comment on other maps), and every single time I spawned on the FOB (brand new save), it spawned me up about 50 feet in the air and I would fall to my death. It took quickly entering Zeus mode and teleporting to the ground before I had a fatal encounter with gravity to save me from a fourth consecutive death. Is there anything that can be done to fix that or is that a problem on my end (and if so, what's the trick to fixing it)?

Hi,

my bad, I rewrote the spawn system and I miss to fix the altitude for this map.

I'll fix it in next update !

edit: I update the pbo on github, I plan to update steam version on next week

thanks