just edit "core.liberation\addons\FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf"

near lines 62

you'll  find:

player setCustomAimCoef 0.35;

change the value here

happy frag !

LOL  o.O

i wouldnt find that even in 100 years xD

do you use on your server Task Force Radio ? 

I have problem with a lot of noise in vanilla voice chat, when i figure out what exactly we need i will write, maybe you know how to help :S

15 hours ago, Komaros said:

LOL  o.O

i wouldnt find that even in 100 years xD

do you use on your server Task Force Radio ? 

I have problem with a lot of noise in vanilla voice chat, when i figure out what exactly we need i will write, maybe you know how to help :S

I done some test with TFR, long time ago and it seems to work fine.

I remember that some sound effect are possible, maybe the noise is intended ?

maybe something else on TS server configuration ?

I have no clue 🙂

Hey pSiKO
by "noise" i mean that a lot of people are talking on Global and Side channel and there is diffucult to communicate with person you want. 

im looking for something with TFAR functionality

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32083 - i have used that, muted Global and Side voice cahnnels (typing only), other channels left voice active (Group / Vehicles / Air / Direct)

what im looking is a possibility to create custom channels that players who are on this channel dont  hear incoming voice from other channels, like frequency set in TFAR, also i want to avoid people from joining to my group. 

is this possible to write script using this?
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/radioChannelCreate

Hey, just joined the forum to say this mission is awesome, way better overall than the original Liberation or the KP one.

But I'm having a issue with the Altis version: it's unplayable to me, be it hosting LAN or on a dedicated server. When the map loads it runs at something like 5 fps, very slow on the base selection dialog. And then when you choose a base and deploy, it runs smooth as it should, but with half second pauses/freezes every 2 seconds or so. It's like some script is freezing constantly the game trying to do something constantly.

This only happens with the Altis version of the mission, the Malden and Stratis version run smooth and normally, maybe with some micro pauses here and there too, but not noticeable overall. The Malden and Stratis versions also don't have the extremely slow base selection screen.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, akiradlc said:

Hey, just joined the forum to say this mission is awesome, way better overall than the original Liberation or the KP one.

But I'm having a issue with the Altis version: it's unplayable to me, be it hosting LAN or on a dedicated server. When the map loads it runs at something like 5 fps, very slow on the base selection dialog. And then when you choose a base and deploy, it runs smooth as it should, but with half second pauses/freezes every 2 seconds or so. It's like some script is freezing constantly the game trying to do something constantly.

This only happens with the Altis version of the mission, the Malden and Stratis version run smooth and normally, maybe with some micro pauses here and there too, but not noticeable overall. The Malden and Stratis versions also don't have the extremely slow base selection screen.

hi,

I'm very interested by this issue.

please can you try this :

(if there is a code error)

- start Arma3 with the option: -showScriptErrors and report me any Error displayed (and/or send me the .rpt file)

(if there is a save-game corruption)

- try with a new save file.

go to C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<your nick>

stop Arma

you'll found a file like <your nick>.vars.Arma3Profile  make a copy of it  elsewhere .

then delete the file

start Arma and re test

thanks for feed back

Hi, 
Limited Arsenal: enabled
I want to Blacklist this tiems below, but when player load their loadouts it still works, is this correct place for blacklist ?
addons\LARs\liberationBlacklist.sqf

"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F",
"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F",

"NVGogglesB_blk_F",
"NVGogglesB_grn_F",
"NVGogglesB_gry_F",
"I_Mortar_01_support_F",
"B_Mortar_01_support_F",
"O_Mortar_01_support_F",
"I_E_Mortar_01_support_F",
"B_Mortar_01_weapon_F",
"O_Mortar_01_weapon_F",
"I_Mortar_01_weapon_F",
"I_E_Mortar_01_Weapon_F",
"I_GMG_01_A_weapon_F",
"O_GMG_01_A_weapon_F",
"B_GMG_01_A_weapon_F",
"O_GMG_01_weapon_F",
"I_GMG_01_weapon_F",
"B_GMG_01_weapon_F",
"B_GMG_01_high_weapon_F",
"I_GMG_01_high_weapon_F",
"O_GMG_01_high_weapon_F",
"I_E_GMG_01_A_Weapon_F",
"I_E_GMG_01_Weapon_F",
"I_E_GMG_01_high_Weapon_F",

People are abusing mortars and GMGs + Arsenal box, and reloading loudouts all the time, captured city looks like after meeting with B52

13 hours ago, pSiKO said:

hi,

I'm very interested by this issue.

please can you try this :

(if there is a code error)

- start Arma3 with the option: -showScriptErrors and report me any Error displayed (and/or send me the .rpt file)

(if there is a save-game corruption)

- try with a new save file.

go to C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\<your nick>

stop Arma

you'll found a file like <your nick>.vars.Arma3Profile  make a copy of it  elsewhere .

then delete the file

start Arma and re test

thanks for feed back

Apparently I have no errors, be it hosting or dedicated. I'm going to wipe my profile from My Documents folder and try to see if anything changes.

Here's a video of what is happening (view the HD version for 60fps and clearly visible pauses): https://gfycat.com/inbornwarmelver

This only happens on the Altis version of the mission, is there anything different from it to the others?

17 hours ago, Komaros said:

Hi, 
Limited Arsenal: enabled
I want to Blacklist this tiems below, but when player load their loadouts it still works, is this correct place for blacklist ?
addons\LARs\liberationBlacklist.sqf

"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_hex_F",
"H_HelmetO_ViperSP_ghex_F",

"NVGogglesB_blk_F",
"NVGogglesB_grn_F",
"NVGogglesB_gry_F",
"I_Mortar_01_support_F",
"B_Mortar_01_support_F",
"O_Mortar_01_support_F",
"I_E_Mortar_01_support_F",
"B_Mortar_01_weapon_F",
"O_Mortar_01_weapon_F",
"I_Mortar_01_weapon_F",
"I_E_Mortar_01_Weapon_F",
"I_GMG_01_A_weapon_F",
"O_GMG_01_A_weapon_F",
"B_GMG_01_A_weapon_F",
"O_GMG_01_weapon_F",
"I_GMG_01_weapon_F",
"B_GMG_01_weapon_F",
"B_GMG_01_high_weapon_F",
"I_GMG_01_high_weapon_F",
"O_GMG_01_high_weapon_F",
"I_E_GMG_01_A_Weapon_F",
"I_E_GMG_01_Weapon_F",
"I_E_GMG_01_high_Weapon_F",

People are abusing mortars and GMGs + Arsenal box, and reloading loudouts all the time, captured city looks like after meeting with B52

I see what you mean !

"addons\LARs\liberationBlacklist.sqf"  is the right file for blacklisting items

for example it work for nightstalker and viper suit, it should work for your items.

note1:  in arma the last element in a list have no comma.

list = [ "aaa",
         "bbb",
         "ccc"
];

note2: start Arma3 with the option: -showScriptErrors to see error in script.

you can delete or raise price for mortar, in "core.liberation\scripts\shared\classnames.sqf" near line 152

["B_Mortar_01_F",0,500,0,GRLIB_perm_max],

if you still have trouble send me the file by pm, I'll take a look

8 hours ago, akiradlc said:

Apparently I have no errors, be it hosting or dedicated. I'm going to wipe my profile from My Documents folder and try to see if anything changes.

Here's a video of what is happening (view the HD version for 60fps and clearly visible pauses): https://gfycat.com/inbornwarmelver

This only happens on the Altis version of the mission, is there anything different from it to the others?

Hi,

Altis was the first Liberation map (unlike the others, I didn't create it from scratch) maybe old elements are disrupting the mission.

I'm almost sure that a script do a mad loops somewhere, but I can't reproduce this behavior on my PC.

can you give a step-by-step procedure, as precise as possible to reproduce the problem locally.

thanks in advance

10 hours ago, pSiKO said:

Hi,

Altis was the first Liberation map (unlike the others, I didn't create it from scratch) maybe old elements are disrupting the mission.

I'm almost sure that a script do a mad loops somewhere, but I can't reproduce this behavior on my PC.

can you give a step-by-step procedure, as precise as possible to reproduce the problem locally.

thanks in advance

Well, there's nothing really specific that I'm doing. I even deleted my profile and all mods, and it still happens only in the Altis mission. Steps would be:

1 - Install ArmA 3.

2 - Download the Altis mission PBO from https://github.com/tbox1911/Liberation-RX/tree/master/build.

3 - Put it on the ArmA 3 MPMissions folder.

4 - Open ArmA 3, go to Multiplayer > Server Browser > Host Server and start a LAN or Internet session.

5 - Select -= Liberation RX =- on the Altis mission list.

6 - Press Play, then Ok.

And that's pretty much it. As soon as the mission opens and the "Join the fight" and "How to play" buttons appear with the background camera flying around, it's already with consistent micro pauses/freezes. No mods, no custom parameters, no profile changes from a fresh ArmA 3 install, everything fresh and vanilla.

Maybe your computer CPU is too powerful, so what's causing my issues are just bruteforced through in your setup. I have a weak i5-4590, so no Hyper-Threading and just 4 cores running at 3.3GHz. Memory must not be the issue, I have 16GB and at good frequencies. Graphics for sure is not the issue as I can play any other mission, including your own Liberation RX versions in Malden and Stratis, at consistent 50+ fps without stutters or freezes at Ultra settings. And all my drives are SSDs, so it's not also a storage bandwidth/speed issue.

hi akiradlc,

thanks a lot for all informations you gave me !

I can find two performance issues (client/server), I'll fix them

please can you retry on your side,  just update the pbo.  no need to reset savegame

tell me 🙂

update according to the blacklist, 

all works  fine now i have corrupted mission.sqm file. 

all good 🙂

Hi All,

I've setup a public server

GAME-FR-75.MTXSERV.COM : 27150

be welcome !

10 hours ago, pSiKO said:

hi akiradlc,

thanks a lot for all informations you gave me !

I can find two performance issues (client/server), I'll fix them

please can you retry on your side,  just update the pbo.  no need to reset savegame

tell me 🙂

Downloaded them and tested, still same issue, constant micro-pauses/freezes 3 to 4 seconds apart. Altis is the most affected, followed by Tanoa. Malden and Stratis are playable, but also have it.

1 hour ago, pSiKO said:

Hi All,

I've setup a public server

GAME-FR-75.MTXSERV.COM : 27150

be welcome !

Joined it briefly to test and the issue happens to me there too, but with less frequency. The pauses/freezes are 4 to 5 seconds apart. I really don't know what it can be, and it appears I'm the only one having this as nobody else complained about it so far.

I was reading online that Battleye or the launcher's Statistic Collection part could cause such issues, but I disabled both and still have the issue. Also, if it were any of them, other missions/servers would also be affected. So I really don't know what to do anymore, I reinstalled Arma from scratch, with a fresh new profile generated, and no luck. Only thing remaining for me to do is to change computer entirely, but that's not really a option, and my hardware shows no similar issue on other missions/servers, like KP Liberation for example.

hi,

I really want to fix this issue, it's not related to your computer for sure,  just more visible.

there is a loop somewhere in my code that take too much time but it's hard to see on my PC.

edit: capping the video to 60frames ,  show the frame drop every 5 sec like  60 -50 -60 -53 -60 - 51 etc ..

I will build a test version (disabling some code) to try to localize the source !

I keep you informed

edit: I think i found the smoking gun!

I call the function "allMissionObjects" (every 5sec, to update tent marker) which is very resource consuming.

I made some test with this call disabled, and it run smoothly

11 hours ago, pSiKO said:

hi,

I really want to fix this issue, it's not related to your computer for sure,  just more visible.

there is a loop somewhere in my code that take too much time but it's hard to see on my PC.

edit: capping the video to 60frames ,  show the frame drop every 5 sec like  60 -50 -60 -53 -60 - 51 etc ..

I will build a test version (disabling some code) to try to localize the source !

I keep you informed

edit: I think i found the smoking gun!

I call the function "allMissionObjects" (every 5sec, to update tent marker) which is very resource consuming.

I made some test with this call disabled, and it run smoothly

Woah, perfect! Just downloaded from GIt the new build and it's smooth now. Only stutter was when entering the mission (because of the scripts and stats initializing of course), but playing it (just did a fresh save, spawned, transported and constructed the FOB, and captured a Factory with some bots) I have not felt any freezes or issues at all!!

Here's a quick demo of how smooth it is now (turn to HD for 60fps): https://gfycat.com/canineunfitbushsqueaker

Whatever you changed was indeed the issue, and if it's still present, it's almost imperceptible to me now. Awesome job man! 😄

1 hour ago, akiradlc said:

Woah, perfect! Just downloaded from GIt the new build and it's smooth now. Only stutter was when entering the mission (because of the scripts and stats initializing of course), but playing it (just did a fresh save, spawned, transported and constructed the FOB, and captured a Factory with some bots) I have not felt any freezes or issues at all!!

Here's a quick demo of how smooth it is now (turn to HD for 60fps): https://gfycat.com/canineunfitbushsqueaker

Whatever you changed was indeed the issue, and if it's still present, it's almost imperceptible to me now. Awesome job man! 😄

Hi,

hehe, it was a hard fight ! but I'm very glad the issue is fixed.

thanks a lot for all precious information you gave me.

the fix improve the performance a lot for both client and server

Good game !

note to all: the mobile respawn tent has been changed to a satellite phone, it works the same way (can be packed / unpacked).

• Thanks 1

I think I found another bug, but a very minor/non-important one this time: sometimes after a AI revives me, my clothes change to the NATO VR Suit, then after a few seconds it just vanishes entirely and I'm left with nothing equiped in the clothes slot. All my other slots keep my loadout, except the fatigues/clothes slot.

It isn't a consistent bug. I think if I connect and just get down one time, when the AI revives me my loadout don't change. But if I get shot again and the AI revives me again, or a third time, then this bug happens most of the time.

Doesn't appear to affect AI either, only players. I have revived the AI loads of times and they don't suffer this.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:00 PM, akiradlc said:

I think I found another bug, but a very minor/non-important one this time: sometimes after a AI revives me, my clothes change to the NATO VR Suit, then after a few seconds it just vanishes entirely and I'm left with nothing equiped in the clothes slot. All my other slots keep my loadout, except the fatigues/clothes slot.

It isn't a consistent bug. I think if I connect and just get down one time, when the AI revives me my loadout don't change. But if I get shot again and the AI revives me again, or a third time, then this bug happens most of the time.

Doesn't appear to affect AI either, only players. I have revived the AI loads of times and they don't suffer this.

hi,

yep i know,

I want to make an anti cheater detector, but sometime it fail !

I have to recode/review this one  🙂

edit: code fixed !

thanks

H
on our community server we have detected annoying exploit
Zamak Artillery is reloading ammo when loaded in and out from garage 😄 other vehicles too. 

when many people play this, bastards are getting rich, is there possibility to make that firing artillery bullet costs you something? maybe by game logic?
Late phase of game looks like everyone puts npc's to atillery spots tagets, bomb city, just enter sector by foot and its blue 😛

On 4/9/2020 at 10:25 AM, Komaros said:

H
on our community server we have detected annoying exploit
Zamak Artillery is reloading ammo when loaded in and out from garage 😄 other vehicles too. 

when many people play this, bastards are getting rich, is there possibility to make that firing artillery bullet costs you something? maybe by game logic?
Late phase of game looks like everyone puts npc's to atillery spots tagets, bomb city, just enter sector by foot and its blue 😛

hahaha ! fuckers  !! 😉

I already see people using the garage to repair/refill veh.

I fix the garage to not accept damaged vehicle.

I'll do something to stop free ammo refill.

Edit:

I updated the mission, now I'm saving the vehicle's remaining ammo when you park the vehicle in the garage. (no more cheating by loading / unloading)

I also changed the rearming from the Huron-box, bobcat, etc. there is no more automatic recharging, you have to wait 60 seconds. to recharge.

/! \ Warning /! \ The backup will be incompatible (due to the format change)

you have two options:

- ask the players to unload the vehicles from the garage before updating the mission.

- wait for a new mission to start before updating the mission.