mcduke45

Does the dedicated server pachage come with some DLCs in it?

My friends and I are renting a server to run arma 3 coop maps. When I tried to get on my server yesterday (first time) it states I'm missing the following DLCs: Jets, Laws of War , and Tanks,  which my friends and I do not have. I sent a request to them about removing the DLCs and got this response: From what I can tell there is no safe way to remove DLC from a server without causing different issues with either joining or playing. I thought that when you got the dedicated server package it was just a vanilla version of the game with no DLCs attached. Am I wrong?

No need to do something. The game won't separate a player who doesn't own DLCs and a player who does.

Unless mission requires a map you do not have. Tanoa from Apex expansion pack for example. Mission dictates assets required to play, not the server. If you need more info about server setups, check various sticky topics.

? The problem is that I can't even join the server. It states: missing DLC: Jet, Laws Of War, and Tanks.  So that's the problem, I can't even join. When I asked the game server company to remove the DLCs from the server I got the above mentioned message.  I wan to know if a dedicated server package comes with any DLCs built into it, or is just run a vanilla version of the game with no DLCs.

Are there any MODs? Find and activate missing MODs.

EDIT: First of all, any errors you got?

The dedi server package comes ready to support all official DLC's.

As previously pointed out the currently loaded mission dicates the addons required.

So 1 of 2 issues may be causing this

A) You are running a -mod param that includes the dlc's. (No need to do this set " -mod="  and leave it like that totally empty)

B) You have a mission cycle class that automatically loads a mission requiring DLC content like Tanoa. (Empty the mission cycle class out)

On 16.6.2018 at 1:31 PM, terox said:

set " -mod="  and leave it like that totally empty

Nope..

On 16.6.2018 at 1:31 PM, terox said:

No need to do this

Empty -mod is same as no -mod. So just leave it away.