Hi,

I am the project leader for the Swedish Forces Pack and Finnish Forces Pack.

Now we are looking towards Norway and to bring out some content for that.

We are looking for mostly texture artist (modellers, coders are always welcome) and also people with no editing skills but that have know-how regarding Norway's armed forces.

Things we need help with is example writing down a correct group with their loadout, and whats the designation of weapons/vehicles etc. 

Write down visible differences between a Swedish Combatboat 90 and a Norwegian version, is it just camo or extra antennas?

Please, if you can contribute, let me know and be part of bringing Norway into ArmA3 :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, krogar684 said:

i think you come later , the project is now close

I think your confused, Project ASTFOR was about the Kingdom of Astoria Nothing to do with Norway. :f:

Yeah, that's a cool project but we got around 5000 subscribers on our Finnish pack, doubt Norway will get as many, probably not even half. 

Still feels like we can put together a pretty decent Norwegian add-on with not so much time. So that's what I plan to do.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, granQ said:

Yeah, that's a cool project but we got around 5000 subscribers on our Finnish pack, doubt Norway will get as many, probably not even half.

It was a cool project, but it is now closed :sad:

I am sure a Norway add-on is quite feasible since the Nordic Countries use alot of the same kit.

Ken jeg få et egg. 

My girlfriend is Norwegian and is a good teacher of the language as you can see. 

• Like 1

I'd be happy to help with just about anything regarding information, I am mostly well versed in the Army portion of the Norwegian Armed Forces, but can easily find references and information from people who are former and currently serving in our community. :thumbsup:

We also have two in-house modders who mainly deals with vehicles and some gear and textures, I'll see if they're up for contributing.

• Like 3

Hi there! 

Good to finally see someone wanting to put some real work into Norwegian assets for Arma3. Our community have been scouring the internet for applicable vehicles and gear that fits our requirements for authenticity and quality, now we might not need to do that anymore. Looking forward to see your progress! 

On 6/12/2018 at 10:29 PM, Rossmore said:

We also have two in-house modders who mainly deals with vehicles and some gear and textures, I'll see if they're up for contributing.

I'm one of these two in-house monkeys modders, and will gladly contribute if needed ? 

• Like 2

Love the name Granq lol.

Im in for Norwegian stuff. Though I’m fairly busy in free time with two other mod projects I’ll help where I can and provide some older content that may be useful from previous Norwegian projects.

Shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

On 5.6.2018 at 7:45 AM, granQ said:

Hi,

I am the project leader for the Swedish Forces Pack and Finnish Forces Pack.

Now we are looking towards Norway and to bring out some content for that.

We are looking for mostly texture artist (modellers, coders are always welcome) and also people with no editing skills but that have know-how regarding Norway's armed forces.

Things we need help with is example writing down a correct group with their loadout, and whats the designation of weapons/vehicles etc. 

Write down visible differences between a Swedish Combatboat 90 and a Norwegian version, is it just camo or extra antennas?

Please, if you can contribute, let me know and be part of bringing Norway into ArmA3 :)

Hey granQ, old hand from the OFP/CWA and Arma2 NorFor crowd here, ready to help with this.

Norwegian speaker.

Not great with textures but I can help with photos/source material. Good knowledge of units, patches etc.

Also have some personal kit at home here if you need photo references.

Let me know what I can do.

To start off - 

Norwegian version of Combatboat 90 (Stridsbåt 90N) modifications, from wikipedia. Some of these have since been adopted by Sweden, once they saw how good it became:

- interior main space roof raised to 2m height

- anchor mounted at the back instead of front

- only one top turret (M2)

- no bow guns

- six of the boats were upgraded in 2015 with Sea Protector remote turret instead of M2

Apart from that,

The current material in use by the Norwegian Army is listed here:

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_over_Hærens_utrustning

Air Force:

Bell 412SP

NH90 NFH

Sea King SAR (being phased out)

AW101 SAR (replacing Sea King)

P-3 Orion (being phased out)

DA-20 (being phased out)

P-8 Poseidon (replacing P-3 and DA-20)

F-16 A/B

F-35 A/B

Navy:

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sjøforsvaret#Fartøyer

NORSOF:
Weapons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsvarets_Spesialkommando#Weapons

Vehicles:

Geländewagen/MB270 "Multi" variant

Supacat HMT Extenda

Boats:

Goldfish variants: e83cf846-9a0f-446a-8d13-7c6bbddf723e?fit

Not a complete list, I can find better/more photos and way more info later if you want.

• Thanks 1