15 hours ago, neofit said:

Both new versions, with and without filter, are again throwing me back to the main menu as soon as I try start to them. The previous one starts and restarts OK.

Dunno, maybe addons issue again. Briefing disabled, as it was a problem before. Anyway, updated files, might work now. Please check.

1 hour ago, vlad_ptu said:

Briefing disabled, as it was a problem before. Anyway, updated files, might work now. Please check.

Всё OK.

47 minutes ago, timsons16 said:

армы или мода ревейдж?

44 minutes ago, neofit said:

Сей миссии. vlad_ptu выложил апдейт 3ч. назад.

This is an English speaking forum, please use the correct language. 

I was wondering why I was seeing so few car patrols, saw only one in my very first attempt. Then I got this facepalm moment:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_22.22.56

Of course, with the AI still getting stuck on a single rock in the desert, and all these wrecks acting like magnets :).

I am not sure if I found all there is to find at

Spoiler

the Factory. It says "Vault Tec" on the map, but I have only found a couple of weapons inside the long white barracks-type of building. None of the others are enterable. Have I missed some clues there?

17 hours ago, neofit said:

I was wondering why I was seeing so few car patrols, saw only one in my very first attempt. Then I got this facepalm moment:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.22_-_22.22.56

Of course, with the AI still getting stuck on a single rock in the desert, and all these wrecks acting like magnets :).

AI can avoid another vehicles but can avoid vehicles wrecks. My ai teammate killed us both once, crashed into one of this in the middle of the road at full speed.

17 hours ago, neofit said:

I am not sure if I found all there is to find at

Hide contents

the Factory. It says "Vault Tec" on the map, but I have only found a couple of weapons inside the long white barracks-type of building. None of the others are enterable. Have I missed some clues there?

You should search more. There is not just one vault tec complex on the island. You can obtain info about all of them in other locations and from npc's.

On 6/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, vlad_ptu said:

You should search more. There is not just one vault tec complex on the island. You can obtain info about all of them in other locations and from npc's.

I have more complexes on the map. My question was about one precise complex. One opened some new places for me, that's what I was expecting. But the one I am asking about had only a couple of weapons, no control center with data. I was asking if it was normal or if I had missed something obvious.

13 minutes ago, neofit said:

I have more complexes on the map. My question was about one precise complex. One opened some new places for me, that's what I was expecting. But the one I am asking about had only a couple of weapons, no control center with data. I was asking if it was normal or if I had missed something obvious.

It's ok. Not every complex contain something useful or some info. Some of them are just junkyards. Well, most of them are. You need to find the special one, which is randomised.

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.27_-_13.03.41

It was quite fun.

Spoiler

Found it I think half-way through, in the Enclave base.

Some feedback:

Replayability: I've played the start, up to Castro city, 3 times with different versions. It was always the same, and the locations I discovered at Castro City were the same as well. So at this time I do not feel like making another playthrough. Even though the water treatment device may be at another location, I will still be visiting the same places for the first 9 hours.

If you could completely randomize all locations it will make this mission infinitely replayable like Pilgrimage.

Weather: for an alleged hot climate, as a reason for the rarity of water, there is surely a lot of rain an fog :).

Locations: you may want to rename some locations. When I read "Vault Tech", I am expecting more than just a few weapons. So maybe you could rename some places so that "Vault Tec" indicates a location with data about other places, while others will be like "weapon caches" or something. More places would be welcome, like sidequests.

Roadblocks: the way back to the Vault was quite boring. Crossing half of Altis, and seeing only one raider group in front, and hearing a couple of shots in the back, did not provide a lot of excitement. Maybe you could add roadblocks like in Pilgrimage?

NPCs: maybe some rebel camps could have prisoners that you can free, who could give you some intel, and even be hired optionally?

Objectives: maybe more objectives, like find the Device, plus find out about the 3 dwellers that were went before you? (liberate or find dog tags, etc.)

In any case, great mission, thanks.

Edit: oh, and I keep forgetting, please change the starting backpack. It requires a DLC, and will nag the player until he finds or spawns another himself.

18 hours ago, neofit said:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.27_-_13.03.41

It was quite fun.

Thanks for playing and feedback. Glad that somebody made this from start to end )

I was not about to make this mission too complicated, with scripts, different features, etc. I was just inspired by default ravage mission, where it was very exciting gameplay, but no main objective, and desided to add some sort of it. Thats all. I've spend just two evenings for it and made it just for fun for myself. I do agree that there must be some side tasks, I even wanted to make some "save the world" side quest as it should be in fallout style game. But after all I have not enough patience and motivation for long work on this. Maybe I will return to it and improve, maybe will do something else.

On 6/28/2018 at 9:11 AM, vlad_ptu said:

made it just for fun for myself

But how many times have you played it yourself? It was very fun, but now it's a "been there done that" thing for me, unfortunately.

I don't know if you have played Pilgrimage, if you haven't then please do yourself a favour and try it. It's been here for years, it has a very dedicated following, and people are porting it on new maps "every day". You can play it 10 times in a row and and it will play differently, simply because the starting location, target location and side-mission strongholds are randomized. (plus it has every quality of life enhancements I can think of, after years of development/tweaking ans hundreds of posts of nagging). Let's hope you one day get the itch to work on it again.

21 hours ago, neofit said:

But how many times have you played it yourself? It was very fun, but now it's a "been there done that" thing for me, unfortunately.

I don't know if you have played Pilgrimage, if you haven't then please do yourself a favour and try it. It's been here for years, it has a very dedicated following, and people are porting it on new maps "every day". You can play it 10 times in a row and and it will play differently, simply because the starting location, target location and side-mission strongholds are randomized. (plus it has every quality of life enhancements I can think of, after years of development/tweaking ans hundreds of posts of nagging). Let's hope you one day get the itch to work on it again.

Thanks for suggestions. Of cource I've played piligrimage as well as many other randomly generated missions, and I played this my mission one time from start to end and several times episodically. I just prefer to play rather then make missions, thats why I was not intended to make masterpiece like piligrimage or WLA. Maybe when I will play through all arma content (I really close to it lol =) I will go for editing.

• Like 1

dont know if this thread is still active but i dont see your scenario in the list i installed both versions(seperatly) to my directory with the @ symbol before it.

really wana try this out, any help would be appreciated