Hi everybody!

I've just finished this mission and would appreciate if somebody try and test it. Provide your feedback if you will play.

Armed Fallout is open world survival type mission based on Ravage mod by Haleks. Creation of this mission was inspired by good old games Fallout 1-2 and great Ravage mod. It's story is crossover of Ravage and Fallout plots, so it combines elements from both Fallout 1-2 games and Ravage. The gameplay is mostly a standart Ravage survival with infected and raiders, but there are many interesting locations present. Such as friendly towns, raiders camps, some Fallout style encounters, easter eggs and more.

Detailed description and objectives in briefing.

Addons needed: Arma3 Apex + DLS's; Ravage by Haleks

Screenshot.jpg

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JVMmnVGE0xtUcjmdlGJrxI5LgoukhcXs

No filter version:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eSdFgOKAeMC8yOEwmw_N035JNsfF8ZYL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on publishing your mission and welcome to the forums.  :)

Suggestion:  To maximize interest and feedback consider posting some screenshots and a short video trailer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Suggestion:  To maximize interest and feedback consider posting some screenshots and a short video trailer.

Well done with your mission vlad_ptu !

On 6/5/2018 at 6:16 AM, vlad_ptu said:

Addons needed: Arma3 Apex + DLS's;

All the DLCs are required, like the Jets and Tanks?

20 hours ago, neofit said:

All the DLCs are required, like the Jets and Tanks?

Not sure about tanks, but there are several objects form Jets present.

21 hours ago, vlad_ptu said:

Not sure about tanks, but there are several objects form Jets present.

When I start the mission (from Single-Player/Scenarios) it throws me out back into the menu within a couple of seconds, without even an error message, and nothing in the .rpt. The game used to tell what I am missing when there was an add-on problem, but maybe it's the new way of dealing with missing DLCs.

Also, previously, when one was missing a DLC, the vehicles and weapons for instance were still there, one just couldn't use them. But this seems to be different. Never mind then.

As a side note, rationale: I don't fly so I have no need for the Planes DLC, nor do I need more sci-fi tanks with a health-based damage model, and when the AI still can't drive without getting stuck on a lonely rock in a desert :). The devs of VBS are not some struggling indies, so atm I see no point in buying these two DLCs.

1 hour ago, neofit said:

When I start the mission (from Single-Player/Scenarios) it throws me out back into the menu within a couple of seconds, without even an error message, and nothing in the .rpt. The game used to tell what I am missing when there was an add-on problem, but maybe it's the new way of dealing with missing DLCs.

Also, previously, when one was missing a DLC, the vehicles and weapons for instance were still there, one just couldn't use them. But this seems to be different. Never mind then.

As a side note, rationale: I don't fly so I have no need for the Planes DLC, nor do I need more sci-fi tanks with a health-based damage model, and when the AI still can't drive without getting stuck on a lonely rock in a desert :). The devs of VBS are not some struggling indies, so atm I see no point in buying these two DLCs.

I've checked addons list. There are helicopters, tanks, malden 2035 and apex objects present. No jets. Also needed ravage + ravage weapons + shemags and CBA. Thats all.

Don't know actually why it crashes without any error. :shrug:

19 minutes ago, vlad_ptu said:

Also needed ravage + ravage weapons + shemags and CBA. Thats all.

I see no mod called "Ravage Weapons" neither on google nor the workshop.

aaa.png

Same with "shemags".

4 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

You need the Ravage Mod for Ravage Weapons

I have this one of course, but "Ravage Weapons" and "shemags" were listed in the same sentence as Ravage and CBA, so I presumed these were separate mods as well.

I removed all the other quality of life mods, with just CBA and Ravage I am still thrown out into the Scenario menu 2 seconds after starting the mission. Unless it's not one you put into Missions/ and start from "Single-Player/Missions"?

It shouldn't be new tanks though. I've started (yet another) Pilgrimage playthrough, it generates its vehicle pool from everything the game has to offer including not yet owned DLCs, and when approaching one from the Tanks DLC, here is how the game handles it:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.13_-_11.45.06

No crash or anything.

1 hour ago, Ulmann said:

Also, mission requires ASR AI:

obF6-GGFzy4.jpg

Yes, see this in mission.sqm file. There was no such string in editor list of needed addons. It was added automatically by editor. I've reuploaded mission without ASR required.

2 hours ago, neofit said:

I see no mod called "Ravage Weapons" neither on google nor the workshop.

aaa.png

Same with "shemags".

This addons included in ravage mod.

@vlad_ptu:

I've built & published a few RAVAGE missions myself which are intended to be playable in SP and MP alike and have learned to pay attention to small details & recurring mission editing errors the hard way. Many many times the problem of crash on load in SP is rooted in three little editing mistakes which can be easily spotted and easily avoided: 

1. You have checked the "Show Briefing" Box in 3DEN  Editor under the header "Attributes". This means you see the Briefing before entering the game world - and that will lead to crashes in SP when using the RAVAGE Mod. Simply uncheck it; the Briefing will still be available to the player once he is in the game world. 
  2. You had ASR AI loaded while building/editing the mission in 3DEN.  It creates a dependency. 
  3. You have set the sliders for Equipment and/or Weapons in RAVAGE's Equipment Module  to "Equipment only" for some of supported Mods.  This causes a dependency on  WarfareThai if it is one of the selected mods. 

I opened your mission.sqm in Notepad++ and deleted the ASR_AI and WarfareThai entries, then I could load the mission in Editor with just RAVAGE and CBA and finally uncheck the Box on "Show Briefing".  Now it's possible to load the mission without crash; I even checked if it works with my usual set of sound and gameplay enhancing mods - YEP! It does! 

So I suggest you do those little tweaks and make your mission easier to access for the users who want to try it out. 

PS.:@neofit I own ALL DLC's and could therefor not check if the mission crashes if one doesn't have one of them.  But I couldn't spot any JETS-specific entry in the required addons list in mission.sqm, just a LOW/IDAP dependency. 

Best Regards & Keep going with mission editing, vlad_ptu!  

tourist

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tourist said:

@vlad_ptu:

I've built & published a few RAVAGE missions myself which are intended to be playable in SP and MP alike and have learned to pay attention to small details & recurring mission editing errors the hard way. Many many times the problem of crash on load in SP is rooted in three little editing mistakes which can be easily spotted and easily avoided: 

1. You have checked the "Show Briefing" Box in 3DEN  Editor under the header "Attributes". This means you see the Briefing before entering the game world - and that will lead to crashes in SP when using the RAVAGE Mod. Simply uncheck it; the Briefing will still be available to the player once he is in the game world. 
  2. You had ASR AI loaded while building/editing the mission in 3DEN.  It creates a dependency. 
  3. You have set the sliders for Equipment and/or Weapons in RAVAGE's Equipment Module  to "Equipment only" for some of supported Mods.  This causes a dependency on  WarfareThai if it is one of the selected mods. 

I opened your mission.sqm in Notepad++ and deleted the ASR_AI and WarfareThai entries, then I could load the mission in Editor with just RAVAGE and CBA and finally uncheck the Box on "Show Briefing".  Now it's possible to load the mission without crash; I even checked if it works with my usual set of sound and gameplay enhancing mods - YEP! It does! 

So I suggest you do those little tweaks and make your mission easier to access for the users who want to try it out. 

PS.:@neofit I own ALL DLC's and could therefor not check if the mission crashes if one doesn't have one of them.  But I couldn't spot any JETS-specific entry in the required addons list in mission.sqm, just a LOW/IDAP dependency. 

Best Regards & Keep going with mission editing, vlad_ptu!  

tourist

Thank you. Actually, this is my first mission making experience since times of Operation Flashpoint.

• Like 1

It starts OK now, good job. Only played only a few minutes so far, I like a good Ravage with objectives.

The nagging about buying the Laws of War DLC was rather strong, until I found another backpack. I was lucky, a friendly patrol nailed a few baddies near the first city when I was passing by. Maybe the choice of giving the player a starter backpack from this DLC can be reconsidered?

Also, can you please add the options to disable the sepia color filter, like in other missions like "Ravage a mission" for instance? It's a zombie/nucular/whatever apocalypse, the sun didn't suddenly change its spectral signature. The world is quite ugly with the default Ravage filter on.

It was fun while it lasted. I couldn't find a repairable car until the second raider base, and it was a fuel zamak with all 5/6 wheel shot up, so it took some time to have it rolling.

The amount of zeds is just how I like it, enough to keep you aware of your surroundings, not too much to become a nuisance.

I figured there is no point in scavenging from either cars or trash piles, between the empty can and civilian clothes they are a waste of time. All the repair items, food and drink come from killing raiders.

Then I reached the suburbs of Aggelochori. Right there at the entrance there were like a dozen repairable/scavengeable vehicles, various zamaks, offroads, sedans, etc. Zeds, rebels fighting them all around the place. And the game became unplayable. Freezes for a few seconds when you pan the view, the saves momentarily jumped from a few seconds for 32MB to 1 minute for 150MB, then a few minutes later they started taking 3min20s for 240 MB. Time to stop I guess.The vault will die. I never had anything like this outside of Ravage in the area.

Thanks for your playing and feedback!

The nagging about buying the Laws of War DLC was rather strong, until I found another backpack. I was lucky, a friendly patrol nailed a few baddies near the first city when I was passing by. Maybe the choice of giving the player a starter backpack from this DLC can be reconsidered?

Yes, just forgotten, that this bag is from Laws of war DLS. I thought to give player another bag, but then decided that in the vault there can be no tourist bags or backpacks. Maybe no bags at all. So this is because of specific starting conditions.

Also, can you please add the options to disable the sepia color filter, like in other missions like "Ravage a mission" for instance? It's a zombie/nucular/whatever apocalypse, the sun didn't suddenly change its spectral signature. The world is quite ugly with the default Ravage filter on.

I will upload no filter version a bit later.

1 hour ago, neofit said:

And the game became unplayable. Freezes for a few seconds when you pan the view, the saves momentarily jumped from a few seconds for 32MB to 1 minute for 150MB, then a few minutes later they started taking 3min20s for 240 MB. Time to stop I guess.The vault will die. I never had anything like this outside of Ravage in the area.

Ok, seems like it's because of ravage zombies horde spawning script. I encountered the same issue myself, while playing "Ravage-A-mission", because of many horde spawning points. However in my mission I placed just 2 of it in Kavala and thought it will be not laggy. When I tested it by myself, there was FPS drop in 2nd town (Castro), when local militias shooted zombies in city, but that was all. In city itself there was normal gameplay. Maybe I should remove horde spawning at all.

1 hour ago, vlad_ptu said:

When I tested it by myself, there was FPS drop in 2nd town (Castro), when local militias shooted zombies in city, but that was all

That's where it was, it started when I reached the suburbs of Aggelochori on my way to Castro. Constant shooting, locals shooting some zeds or each other. But maybe something else was broken. One one spot I could count 6 repairable vehicles on one screenshot:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.18_-_17.46.45

Plus, on the other side of the garages to the left:

Arm_A_3_Screenshot_2018.06.18_-_17.47.36

Plus a couple more behind the houses on the same road, and one slightly farther in the dry river bed. Maybe these could be spread more uniformly along the road?

Also, maybe you could spawn the player with a Bergen backpack from the start? Since cars are rare, and almost nothing is gotten from scavenging, materials come from corpses. But Ravage rather annoyingly despawns human corpses with loot or not (no problems with despawning empty zeds). So I cannot leave a toolbox, a wheel or a jerrycan on a body then come back when I have a car, I have to carry it on me. Plus ammo, and a couple of days worth of food and drink. Only a Bergen can let me do this, just tested in the field.

Updated mission files.

Removed horde spawn from Kavala (few bandits camps instead).

Added some backpacks to raider camps. Bergen is in raider base on football field. To have bergen from very begin seems unfair for me, as dweller come from vault where no such backpacks could be.

Made no filter version.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, vlad_ptu said:

Updated mission files.

Removed horde spawn from Kavala (few bandits camps instead).

Added some backpacks to raider camps. Bergen is in raider base on football field. To have bergen from very begin seems unfair for me, as dweller come from vault where no such backpacks could be.

Made no filter version.

Nice. Damn world cup taking up all free time :).

Re: raider camps, forgot to add to my previous post. When I liberated the first one by the vault,  the map said something like "you have discovered some new camp locations" and indeed I had the football field and the other one closer to the airport appear on my map. Then I liberated the football field one, the map said the same thing, but no new raider camp appeared. I'm not sure if new camps were supposed to appear, of if the mission is supposed to only show the same camps from both maps.

The 10 or so repairable cars spawning at the entrance to Kavala are just a statistical fluke or they are indeed supposed to all spawn there? (with probably nothing else in the rest of the map?)

Both new versions, with and without filter, are again throwing me back to the main menu as soon as I try start to them. The previous one starts and restarts OK.