Durgan

Playing custom music from object

So I'm new to scripting and everything I'm doing is just trial and error. I've tried looking for a while can't find a solution to what exactly I'm looking for. I remember in the Arma 2 Harvest Red campaign that there were radio stations that would blab on and on about the news and get louder as you got closer to them. In the mission I'm making, there are a few hidden propaganda trucks (truck_A, truck_B, truck_C etc) that I want to quietly play music (song_1, song_2 etc) once a player/s enters a trigger area and grow louder & loop as the player/s get closer. Then, once the truck is destroyed, I want the music to stop playing from that truck.

8 hours ago, Durgan said:

So I'm new to scripting and everything I'm doing is just trial and error. I've tried looking for a while can't find a solution to what exactly I'm looking for. I remember in the Arma 2 Harvest Red campaign that there were radio stations that would blab on and on about the news and get louder as you got closer to them. In the mission I'm making, there are a few hidden propaganda trucks (truck_A, truck_B, truck_C etc) that I want to quietly play music (song_1, song_2 etc) once a player/s enters a trigger area and grow louder & loop as the player/s get closer. Then, once the truck is destroyed, I want the music to stop playing from that truck.

Did you try say3D?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/say3D

Create trigger; set to repeat; set activation area; ON ACT: PLAY3D_SCRIPT; ON DEACT: same PLAY3D_SCRIPT but replace the sound name with empty quotes ("") to stop it.

play3D will stop playing automatically once the object is destroyed. 

Note: untested; this is from memory. Someone correct me if this won't work.