@simcardo  So why do not we make a gift for the end of the year and tell us a little about what you have planned? please! (I hope they are the coats for the Nazis or the Russians

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yurichenk said:

I hope they are the coats for the Nazis or the Russians

prepare for disappointment (face_of_lenny)

• Like 4

On 14/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, simcardo said:

prepare for disappointment (face_of_lenny)

Face of what!?

107410_20181230024106_1.png

Update 30/12/18

happy new year merry christmas and stuff you know but from me here's updatum

version idk whichever number

Changelog:

- added usmc (uniforms, bags, a bunch of)

- fixed shovel sizes (credits to motta)

- smoothened parts of uniforms (idk how to describe this)

- forgot what else 

- some classname changes

oh, beware, tthis updatum might break some missions because classnames are modified, some inheritances are modified, and stuff really i forgot what i have but theres few things

oh and this updatum has less than i wanted to because time managment issues and shit, i wish i can have m44 packs and some gas bags done but they're just not done however at least the marines are done haha. glhf 

If anyone wants to somewhat help me out even more, (which will help me in a rather significant way) one can donate to me via paypal; send it to my paypal email adress arkan_ebi@hotmail.com

either way, thanks (;

107410_20181230033831_1.png

Edited by simcardo
post scrjptem
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Thanks simcardo! An update from you is always welcome. :drinking2:

• Thanks 1

Just checked it out. Excellent workmanship on those marine uniforms. Thanks simcardo. :don11:

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2018 at 6:59 AM, simcardo said:

Update 30/12/18

happy new year merry christmas and stuff you know but from me here's updatum

version idk whichever number

Changelog:

- added usmc (uniforms, bags, a bunch of)

- fixed shovel sizes (credits to motta)

- smoothened parts of uniforms (idk how to describe this)

- forgot what else 

- some classname changes

oh, beware, tthis updatum might break some missions because classnames are modified, some inheritances are modified, and stuff really i forgot what i have but theres few things

oh and this updatum has less than i wanted to because time managment issues and shit, i wish i can have m44 packs and some gas bags done but they're just not done however at least the marines are done haha. glhf 

If anyone wants to somewhat help me out even more, (which will help me in a rather significant way) one can donate to me via paypal; send it to my paypal email adress arkan_ebi@hotmail.com

either way, thanks (;

Hey Simcardo, happy new year and thanks for the new update. I would like to take the boldness to suggest something for your fantastic mod.

Look, I currently find your mod very useful in combination with IFA3 and GEIST since it gives me the possibility of having good quality and varied American equipment, but I have the following problem.

Although FoW looks really cool, I think it's still way below IFA3 at general levels. At the moment, I only use FoW to dispose of the British assets that will soon be included in IFA3 with its next big update. The issue is that once you get Desert Rats IFA3, I really do not have a good reason to continue using FoW, at least until they add more content.

And here's the question, I understand that I modify the 3d models of the uniforms to match with the FoW harnesses, they look great compared to the old IFA3-dependent version (not to mention the IFA3 harnesses themselves that are also disgusting) For all the above, I would prefer to seal FoW if it is not because I still need your harnesses to use US General Equipment correctly.

My request is that if at any time you think you might consider adding your own models of American harnesses? This would make the mod totally independent of both FoW and IFA3 and the community would be free to use it in combination of the addon they preferred without being forced to use any (at least as far as the equipment is concerned, and things like groups, factions, ect they are a separate subject)

I'm working on my own web gear now, so yes, however at the time being its still only suspenders and few stuff, nothing that can match fow/ifa3

However they'll still depend on both ifa3 nd fow for helmets and weapons, buti can reduce the dependency if i managed to get helmets at least

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I see, it's good to know that at least it's in your plans and you're working on it. An advice? You can always try to place the config.cpp of the soldiers and factions in a pbo different from the rest of the equipment and retextures as optional in case you only want to use the equipment and thus not depend on FoW.

On the helmets, I love your work in IFA3 models, do not be you guys, but personally I prefer the M1 of IFA3 that the M2 of FoW (they are too small, they look too much to the war of vietnam) The old M1 helmets from FoW seemed better than the current ones that are almost identical to the M2 (not to say they are the same)

Thanks for sharing this, amazing work!  I don't mean to bother, but is it at all possible to include a rolled sleeve version of the regular M-1943(like the airborne one) ?  Combined with the long sleeve one It would work as a representation of many armies for many decades.  No pressure, thank you again for this pack, my friends and I have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks (; and luckily a rolled regular m43 wont be so hard to do, however next updatum will take a while because i'm working on my own web gear and helmets

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simcardo said:

Thanks (; and luckily a rolled regular m43 wont be so hard to do, however next updatum will take a while because i'm working on my own web gear and helmets

Understood, looking forward to it whenever it happens.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HaceElOso said:

i'm working on my own web gear and helmets

That´s great, bro.

I'm waiting patiently for your Korean War gear.:f:

About that, I do have an M45 pack modelled, but not textured :(:

• Like 1

If @simcardo manages to create some gears and helmets to match his previous creations, US General Equipment will become an addon that complements IFA3 almost by choice. Currently I never launch IFA3 without also launching US G. E. (and I hope to precite FoW soon thanks to Desert Rats and @simcardo)

1 hour ago, simcardo said:

About that, I do have an M45 pack modelled, but not textured :(:

Dude, by the way, I always forget to tell you this, do you have any way to fix the dolls in the sleeves of the uniforms?

PD: I do not know if it was appropriate, but note that the basic M43 of the Airborne is wearing infantry boots instead of those of the paratroopers

4 hours ago, Yurichenk said:

fix the dolls in the sleeves of the uniforms?

note that the basic M43 of the Airborne is wearing infantry boots instead of those of the paratroopers

1. Dolls, what?

2. Yes paratroopers do receive those buckle boots along with m43 uniforms before market garden. some worn it while some other chose to keep their jump boots

• Like 2

17 hours ago, simcardo said:

1. Dolls, what?

Sorry, I think the translation was not the most appropriate. Actually what I meant was "wrist or cuffs" not "dolls". Things from Spanish to English.

What exactly is wrong with the cuffs?

Well, when you take most of the weapons in safe mode (canyon down), the right hand looks like the cloth is uniform, as if the sleeve remained straight without regard to the hand.

23 hours ago, simcardo said:

2. Yes paratroopers do receive those buckle boots along with m43 uniforms before market garden. some worn it while some other chose to keep their jump boots

Giving that model, the airborne with buckle boots, rolled sleeves would be great, even better since the trousers are more widely used.  Sorry :(

Do not you think that maybe you should try to make the uniforms a bit brittle? Not as much as IFA3 but a little more than the current I think it would be fine. I think that to have several layers of different garments underneath, the jackets are too tight to the body

On 17/01/2019 at 4:12 AM, Yurichenk said:

Well, when you take most of the weapons in safe mode (canyon down), the right hand looks like the cloth is uniform, as if the sleeve remained straight without regard to the hand.

Im not sure if this is a rigging issue tbh, it might end up looking even weirder to make the cuffs follow the hands, i might just have to make them shorter, but now i dont want to for now

On 17/01/2019 at 6:02 AM, HaceElOso said:

even better since the trousers are more widely used. 

Wouldn't say they are because those are rigger modified

2 hours ago, Yurichenk said:

Not as much as IFA3 but a little more than the current I think it would be fine. I think that to have several layers of different garments underneath, the jackets are too tight to the body

I get that they look tight but it looks this way to avoid clipping, so no I wont because so far this is as bulky as they get, any bigger they'll start to clip

• Like 2

Just downloaded to finally take a peak, uniforms look great! The greatcoats really fill in a gap among the current ww2 stuff available. :)

One thing I did notice, the airborne m42/m43 didn't seem to have any carrying capacity/load.