Sgt. Dennenboom

[MP][CTI-COOP] EvorA

EvorA

Description

EvorA is a COOP CTI game mode derived from the “Evolution Red” type missions in ArmA 2. While this mission can be played in single player or from a local host, it is recommended to host EvorA from a dedicated server. The mission is incredibly optimized for both clients and servers after a long period of development, allowing most players to have an above-average performance.

The objective of the mission is to clear a number of heavily guarded objectives in sequence. A radio tower is present in each objective which must be destroyed to stop enemy reinforcements. Enemies become harder the further in the mission, so solid teamwork may be required to complete to complete the mission. Neutralizing enemies, destroying radio towers, and clearing objectives rewards points. These points can be used to unlock better equipment, purchase vehicles, and recruit AI. While you start off with only a few bases, you can build more using a special vehicle. You may also get the opportunity to capture airfields that allow you to deploy fixed-wing assets.

Depending on your skill and teamwork, EvorA takes about 8 hours to complete. Finishing or restarting the mission resets your progress. However, each session plays differently due to thorough randomization. There is no grinding, no leaderboards, and no databases in EvorA.

Features

• Playable alone or with up to 24 players
  • Casual or tactical? You decide!
  • Hop on - hop off gameplay
  • Wide variety of objectives across each of the maps
  • Unlock equipment, purchase vehicles and infantry
  • Capture or construct new bases
  • Intuitive aircraft loadout editor
  • Active Protection Systems for tracked vehicles
  • Hold action field repairing/healing
  • Enemy numbers scale with player numbers
  • Enemy air patrols
  • Recurring attacks on base
  • Minefields
  • Plug-and-Play ACE compatibility

Downloads

Vanilla:

CUP:

Edited by Sgt. Dennenboom
Added Chernarus Red mission
  • Like 13

Has everything been tested to re-initialize properly after saving/resuming?

Also, please provide a download link for the pbo itself instead of just steam workshop sub.

Thanks for this!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigshot said:

Has everything been tested to re-initialize properly after saving/resuming?

Saving should be disabled. While it works in single player, the mission is best played on a dedicated server in the same vein as Domination, Insurgency etc.

3 hours ago, kremator said:

+1 on non-Steam links please.  Good job BTW !

Dropbox repository link added

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving it so far ... good job !  Brings back happy memories on Sahrani !

Thank you for the links, will be trying this solo, over the weekend!

It's funny .... I put up my dedi to test it and lots of people come in for 10 seconds (to download the mission) then leave.

Problem on malden blue ... AI have REAL difficulty getting into the helo on the carrier :(

^That was also my experience^ They fell off the ship into the drink...I ended mission :-)

12 hours ago, kremator said:

Problem on malden blue ... AI have REAL difficulty getting into the helo on the carrier :(

Sadly I cannot do anything about this. If you put the helicopter in the middle of this ship instead of near the side, they'll get in more easily

Shame, as it is a good start to the mission (being on the carrier).  I’ve not found them yet, but is there an MHQ that we could then TP directly to (which would help with this)?  Or failing that, a ‘tp to me’ action for your AI.

Loving it so far.  Gotta really get my teeth into it ... shame that I’ve only had a couple of people on the server (one of whom was hacking - so I closed the server down)

Is it difficult to port to other islands or get it to use mods like RHS etc ?

On 4-6-2018 at 12:39 PM, kremator said:

Is there an MHQ that we could then TP directly to?

You can purchase a "construction truck", which you can use to place a permanent FOB. FOB's can be teleported to, and you can also purchase weapons, vehicles and AI here.

There is no MHQ as I feel that it might make the mission a bit too easy.

On 4-6-2018 at 12:39 PM, kremator said:

Is it difficult to port to other islands or get it to use mods like RHS etc ?

Not very difficult, I've also made some CUP and Unsung versions (not on workshop). The mission doesn't automatically utilize modded assets though, it must be edited for them to be used.

CUP version would be cool to try out :)  I'll start saving up for a construction truck then !

Got a juicy update for you guys!

Files uploaded to steam and to the dropbox link in the original post.

• Added: Rudimentary ACE support (Not all ACE setting combinations have been tested for mission-breaking bugs).
    • No need for editing the mission, just enable ACE.
    • Mission-side healing scripts disabled in favor of ACE medical.
    • ACE items are automatically added to arsenal
    • ACE logistics (rearm, refuel, repair) force-disabled in favor of mission-side servicing.
    • ACE pylons force-disabled
  • Added: Lobby parameter for saving non-purchased equipment (disabled by default).

• Added: Approximate map marker during mortar strike on base.

• Fixed: Conflict between steam mission name and verifying script (Steam-version was not hostable on dedi).

CUP and RHS versions coming *soon*.

• Like 2

Premise, mine does not want to be a criticism.

A question, why do you give the chance to play it in single player if the Ai spawned on the Carrier have problems with pathfinding? Will there be a chance that you can "fix" this problem that exists from ArmA 2?

Thanks

6 hours ago, sberla101 said:

Obviously I can't fix AI not walking over composite objects such as the carrier.

In the Malden NATO mission (which is the only one with a carrier), you can always purchase AI at one of the other bases instead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

Obviously I can't fix AI not walking over composite objects such as the carrier.

In the Malden NATO mission (which is the only one with a carrier), you can always purchase AI at one of the other bases instead.

Thx

Very nice to finally see a newer version of Evolution hit ArmA 3, the others were usually... Mehhh.

Hope to see more features come!

nice! looks very clean so far, good job.

edit:

after a few days of coop fun with this mission...it really feels like evolution of arma2, i love it!

have not found a single game breaking bug yet, only thing that would be nice:

- mobile respawn

- better visible "radio tower"

and maybe the unlock system should be global or via param editable (individual / global (side))

Hello. Can we share your mission at GitHub and to translate it to Ukrainian, please? Thanks.

@Sgt. Dennenboom

1. After an around a 210 hour of a server's uptime all purchased items are gone. In the same time the mission progress was not reset. All captured points are stayed captured.

Is any way to enable saving of a mission progress and purchased equipment?

2. How to replace an in-mission revive system with other? I want to bring in game a possibility to move incapacitated players and have found this in AIS revive (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24088).

@varrkan_ua

1. I have no plans for a system for saving mission progress and purchased equipment between server restarts. The EvorA missions should take about 6-10 hours to complete in their default settings, so I've never tested the stability of the scripts after such a long uptime (theoretically nothing should go wrong).

The mission should only reset when it is completed or when the server is restarted.

All purchased equipment should remain purchased during a session (unless you are playing multiple EvorA sessions at once, but this will be fixed eventually).

Vehicles get cleaned up unless they are kept at base.

2. I don't know, EvorA used the default BIS revive system and uses some variables from that (markers for example). There is also a custom hold-action healing functionality, which could interfere with added systems.

There's a pretty big update coming "soon" for EvorA, so maybe wait for that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

@varrkan_ua

1. I have no plans for a system for saving mission progress and purchased equipment between server restarts. The EvorA missions should take about 6-10 hours to complete in their default settings, so I've never tested the stability of the scripts after such a long uptime (theoretically nothing should go wrong).

The mission should only reset when it is completed or when the server is restarted.

All purchased equipment should remain purchased during a session (unless you are playing multiple EvorA sessions at once, but this will be fixed eventually).

Vehicles get cleaned up unless they are kept at base.

This sounds exactly like I thought. I've running an EvorA test server for testing the translation and revive system beside the main EvorA server. So - I've connecting from main to test and vice versa. I though it could be the reason. You've performed my suggestion.

2. I don't know, EvorA used the default BIS revive system and uses some variables from that (markers for example). There is also a custom hold-action healing functionality, which could interfere with added systems.

I've already found the way to disable the default BIS revive system. But the AIS has some annoying bugs, so for now - I've reverted it back. Any way - thank you for the mission. 

There's a pretty big update coming "soon" for EvorA, so maybe wait for that.

Oh, this a great news. Will wait it!

And, as you're preparing the new release of EvorA now - maybe you can include a few features into it?
It is a very lacking for us (and maybe - for someone else) for a such features as: Earplugs, Mag Repack and an Advanced Rappelling system. We've added this functionality with an external scripts. But it would be great to have it included into EvorA from scratch. And, maybe, you can add some option to make possible enable/disable thermal vision in a vehicles via a mission options at mission startup? Thanks.

@Sgt. Dennenboom

Is it ok if the mission will be translated to russian and changes will be made to CSAT/NATO equipment/vehicles?

You should seriously consider to add earplugs.

Vehicles one purches should be locked by default.

Lock vehicle button shouldn't push other players out, as there can be players that are wanted as crew.

Instead add a separate "push crew out" button.