n_icomach

Naval Boarding Actions - Breachable ships

About "Naval Boarding Actions"

NBA Offers a fully walkable and enterable Cargo Ship with more versions planned in the future.

This modification was made in hopes to expand the amount of naval actions for multiple communities.

Currently this is an early Build

Features

Fully Walkable interior and exterior.

Custom model and textures.

ACE Animation friendly.

MP Friendly.

How to Spawn

Eden > Empty > Search for "Empty Cargo Ship"

User/Admin Tips

This should only be spawned in ED3N. Spawning it through zues can have some unwanted ship piece placement.

Best played with Enhanced Movement mod.

AI should not be given waypoints in the ship.

Best to give AI the setUnitPos Command to prevent them from living in the prone position.

Fast Roping is hit or miss, better to land on the ship if possible.

To do list

Finalize textures.

Finalize Interior models.

Add lighting to the exterior/interior

Fix reported collision/roadway bugs as they come in.

Detail Detail Detail

Credits

Model/Textures/Configs -ZephyrSouza

Config/Scripting Wizard -DeltaGamer

DOWNLOAD

Google Drive

Steam

696c7e84725299c01cf5e4ec12033b60.jpg

e4a3c49433a85ca8f635d70bebf9dfe4.jpg
bf8f059208ecd76815a8c96d26588a6c.jpg

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

V0.1 

Initial  Upload

V0.2

Added Cargoless version

Added Hallway Textures

Edited Interior Floor Textures

Fixed several black holes in the floor

Adjusted UV Sizes to fix tiling issues

V0.3

Fixed Model.cfg for Cargoless Ship variant. Now all doors will work.

Adjusted GEOLOD for cargo crates to stop bouncing of character when moving from crate to crate.

Adjusted Multiple roadways to fix "Holes" In ship.

Adjusted Random face blocking view of the Deck to interior door.

Added staircases for water based boarding.

Multiple Other small tweaks.

V0.4
Added New Cargo ship variant (Heavily WIP)

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

Yeeeeeees!!!! 

If you would have been a women, Id have snogged you the rest of the day....

• Like 3

Only snogged?? You pussy. Lol!

Very cool looking mod.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spookygnu said:

Only snogged?? You pussy. Lol!

Very cool looking mod.

Yes since its still an incomplete mod. 

• Like 1

@n_icomach

May I suggest one (or more) ship variant without the containers. This would allow mission makers to put their own container configuration in there. 

I am a Naval Architect, meaning I design ships for a living. If you need any drawings or blueprints for inspiration, I know where to find them and give you a hand. 

I have sended you a PM

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Crielaard said:

@n_icomach

May I suggest one (or more) ship variant without the containers. This would allow mission makers to put their own container configuration in there. 

Already planned and on  the way! I also plan on removing the "Container Landing" section for more open deck fun times.

2 hours ago, Crielaard said:

Yeeeeeees!!!! 

If you would have been a women, Id have snogged you the rest of the day....

Oh boi ill get the lube.

31 minutes ago, don_prince said:

I am a Naval Architect, meaning I design ships for a living. If you need any drawings or blueprints for inspiration, I know where to find them and give you a hand. 

I have sended you a PM

Feel free to share anything you wish. I am not going for 100% authentic designs as I have to keep within the contraints of ArmA and my own free time.

• Like 3

Update V0.2

Added Cargoless version @Crielaard

Added Hallway Textures

Edited Interior Floor Textures

Fixed several black holes in the floor

Adjusted UV Sizes to fix tiling issues

Is now availible on steam.

• Like 8

Update V0.3

Fixed Model.cfg for Cargoless Ship variant. Now all doors will work.

Adjusted GEOLOD for cargo crates to stop bouncing of character when moving from crate to crate.

Adjusted Multiple roadways to fix "Holes" In ship.

Adjusted Random face blocking view of the Deck to interior door.

Added staircases for water based boarding.

Multiple Other small tweaks.

• Like 8

fantastic. i hope you release more ships of different varieties such as oil tankers or cruise ships. this cargo ship actually works as well as a clandestine center of operations or base as it does a target of a raid. i've successfully gotten ai helicopters to take off and land on it. i just hope the bridge gets more work so its not just untextured greyness.

i'm well aware of the reality of arma's ai, but do you know of any way to make ai follow a strict path in a straight line using doMove? having people sitting in chairs and standing around is cool, but it would be awesome to have people walking up and down hallways.

i've been able to achieve this using doMove. they don't fall off into the ocean, walk back and forth just fine like you'd expect in an early rainbow six game or something like that. the only problem is that they don't walk in a totally straight line but will deviate their path left or right about 3 or 4 feet which is enough to make them walk through walls. i've tried adding more doMove "waypoints" in the script, but they still deviate even if walking just a few feet. i know theres no way to stop ai in arma from walking through walls/buildings/doors etc so is there at least a way to keep them from deviating from a beeline path? i've tried disableai fsm and other weird stuff, but cant really make any progress. anyone know an answer? thanks.

5 hours ago, pognivet said:

fantastic. i hope you release more ships of different varieties such as oil tankers or cruise ships. this cargo ship actually works as well as a clandestine center of operations or base as it does a target of a raid. i've successfully gotten ai helicopters to take off and land on it. i just hope the bridge gets more work so its not just untextured greyness.

i'm well aware of the reality of arma's ai, but do you know of any way to make ai follow a strict path in a straight line using doMove? having people sitting in chairs and standing around is cool, but it would be awesome to have people walking up and down hallways.

i've been able to achieve this using doMove. they don't fall off into the ocean, walk back and forth just fine like you'd expect in an early rainbow six game or something like that. the only problem is that they don't walk in a totally straight line but will deviate their path left or right about 3 or 4 feet which is enough to make them walk through walls. i've tried adding more doMove "waypoints" in the script, but they still deviate even if walking just a few feet. i know theres no way to stop ai in arma from walking through walls/buildings/doors etc so is there at least a way to keep them from deviating from a beeline path? i've tried disableai fsm and other weird stuff, but cant really make any progress. anyone know an answer? thanks.

3 hours ago, Crielaard said:

could be solved if the model has building pos memorypoints.

@n_icomach do you have that? 

@pognivet @Crielaard Pos points are planned later on but are currently not in the model. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 7:56 AM, n_icomach said:

@pognivet @Crielaard Pos points are planned later on but are currently not in the model. 

that's awesome. i really look forward to it. i hear those ai points are sometimes hard as hell to get working right. i wish you the best of luck.

Updated to 0.4

Fixed ViewLOD (AI Shouldnt Spot through walls as easily. However your walking on metal and AI can hear you)
Adjusted GEOLOD

Gdrive Link updated

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So taking the lessons from the Cargo Ship a new ship is on the way.

Should be better quality and more functional than the Cargo Ship.

Cargo Ship may have nav mesh soon on it but i'm still burnt out from the initial push on that abomination.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, VileBeggar said:

That looks like the yacht from Rainbow Six Siege

I don't think I'd be able to handle something like that. My heart would just explode.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, VileBeggar said:

That looks like the yacht from Rainbow Six Siege

They are very different. I believe the siege one is much larger and more of a rat maze.

• Like 1