Hoelki

Problems with lan server over hamachi

Dearest Arma 3 community,

I don’t know if this is the right place for it, I hope so and I'm sorry if not.
A friend of mine and I had some major issues running Arma 3 with Hamachi to play some missions.

Problem description:

If we try to run Arma 3 over Hamachi, which worked just fine in the past, we can't join each other. He can see my server but if he's trying to connect to it, it just keeps connecting until he gets a time out or he disconnects immediately after he joined. Sometimes he’s able to connect but doesn’t have a menu. So, I manually assign him and start the game, my game starts completely normal but his game takes ages to load and if it's loaded he's suddenly in the water of Tanoa, no matter which map we are actually playing.
This error occurs since a few weeks, the last time it actually worked was two weeks ago since then we couldn't get it running again.

What we already did:

•    Checking for corrupted files in Arma 3
•    Reinstalled Arma 3
•    Reinstalled Hamachi
•    Both several times.
•    Deactivated our firewalls
•    Deactivated our Antivirus programs

We also did this because we thought it might be Hamachi:

http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Resolving-Hamachi-Request-Timed-Out

Resolving Hamachi "Request Timed Out" for Windows Firewall
Also, we deleted every workshop mod we had except for the map we wanted to pay, which was a BCTI mission in Altis. Before the issue occurred, the mission worked fine. We also tried playing the standard apex protocol missions. However, the same Issue occurred.
We also checked if it's a problem with the IPv4 but there's no problem.

I just wanted to note: Everything works just fine when we were playing Arma 2.

Our PC's

His:
Win 10 (1803)
intel i5 8600k
Nvida gtx 1070 8GB
16 GB DDR4 Ram
Internet connection 150 Mbits/s

Mine:
Win 10 (1803)
intel i7 7700
Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB
16 GB DDR4
Internet connection 400 Mbits/s

We couldn't find anyone with the same problem, so we thought we ask right here at the source.
If someone recommend to change the ports of my router - I won’t do that. Why? Because I think it should be possibly to play games in coop without changing gaming ports which works just fine for every other game.

So, I hope you guys have a fix for this problem.

Thanks for everyone helping us out on this problem

You are using Hamachi because you got a cracked copy of the game? 

If so then don't count on any support from any of us. 

If you have bought the game, why not host a server trough the ingame option

3 hours ago, I'mJimFuckingSterlingSon said:

You are using Hamachi because you got a cracked copy of the game? 

If so then don't count on any support from any of us. 

If you have bought the game, why not host a server trough the ingame option

Thank you for you input, I can ensure you we are not using a cracked copy of the game.
We are using hamachi because we see it as a security risk to open up ports at our routers.
But the in-game mechanisms didn't work but Hamachi did.

If we run it via the in-game mechanisms arma 3 wants to set up those ports and it can't for some reason after some research we found out that we have to change those ports so arma can use them.
Since the release of arma 3 and before that with arma 2 we always used hamachi for some time even evolve.

Fixed, the issue was caused by a stupid windows thing.
If you go to your windows settings/useraccounts/sign-in or login options and you scroll down to the last checkbox something like: "Save the status and the informations form the last known time a programm was used" and uncked it.

Here as Link:

https://superuser.com/questions/1229963/windows-10-disable-reopening-programs-after-restart-startup/1296139#1296139