Sign in to follow this  
corvaillian

attachTo Creating Visual Bug/Attaching to the Wrong Point For a Moment When Used on Moving Object

Hi.

When I use attachTo to attach object A to a moving object B, using an offset of [0,0,0], object A first moves to a position ahead of object B by a distance relative to the velocity of object B, before glitchily moving back to its proper position and attaching correctly. At first I hypothesized that attachTo was using object B's position in simulation time when first setting the position of object A, before settling on updating on the render time position of object B, which would have explained the positional gap increasing as object B's velocity increased. However, when I had a friend test the same, nothing of the sort happened. Instead, object A attaches to object B directly on the offset, no additional movement at all. Additionally, I tried deactivating the framerate limiter (and vsync) and attempted the same again. Same results. Both of us were testing with no mods and no startup parameters, on an empty VR map, with various different vehicles and objects.

Ideas for what this is and/or how to fix it would be appreciated.

Interesting.

In my tests, object A teleports as you say - to a position ahead of object B. It then "waits" there until it is aligned with the designated coordinates on object B, at which point it attaches.