I didn't have much time during the weekend to work on the ship but I have remodelled the starbord crane and boat bay.

Now I'm modelling the crane's hook and when I finish it will animate with the boats when loading/unloading them.

I need some help with a couple of things.

1) if I want to get an array of all BLUFOR UAVs....

How would I combine allunitsUAV and side scripting commands so I can get an array of objects??

2) i'm experimenting with playmove.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/playMove

Would it be possible to use playmove while attached to another vehicle???

Thanks!!!

6 hours ago, mankyle said:

1) if I want to get an array of all BLUFOR UAVs....

How would I combine allunitsUAV and side scripting commands so I can get an array of objects??

Hi,

not at my arma desktop right now,  but you can try this code:

private _bluforUAV = [];
{
	if (side _x == west) then {
		_bluforUAV pushBack _x;
	}
} forEach allUnitsUAV;

systemChat format ["Found %1 blufor UAV", count _bluforUAV];

No idea on the playMove, but keep in mind that the argument needs to be local in multiplayer, e.g. execute the playMove where the object resides.

Good luck,

TeTeT

This will be pretty exciting especially from what have you said in the HAFM thread. This and almost every other warship mod out there is amazing and others that would of been cool to see a bit more of. The Independace class would of been cool to see as well and sadly I got here after the issue with it being see through so not much that could be done there but this should be able to over come it.

The Independence class??

Ah... OK. You mean the version in which I did a bad ShadowLOD.

I guess I could give it a little bit of love but, as the GEO LOD gets over the limit (72 meters) it just doesn't make sense to work on it unless BIS solves that problem.

Regarding the HSSV

First of all is modelling more details on the ship. I want to finish the boat davits/cranes this week. After that I will continue working on the bridge. I still have to model the seats in the bridge and cargo  space.

If I can get the GUI working so I can control UAVs from an turret I want to model an small CIC with the turrets set so UAV can be controled from there.

Theoretically I could even tie hitpoints, animations and conditions so that the animation state of the satellite communication antenna is set as a condition for controlling UAVs (if the antenna gets destroyed you cannot activate the action and access the UAV terminal).

I'm fairly noob regarding modelling and scripting. When I look at the code I understand what it does but I'm not capable of writing it.

As I said before... still some months to go.

EDIT: I have updated the first post

• Like 1

I'm sorry because real life issues prevent me to continue working on this Project...

Therefore I'm uploading ALL source files.

If anyone wants to continue, modify or do whatever he/she wants with the model, mod or whatever…. do as you wish

I give my explicit permission to modify, reupload, update or basically do everything to the model and mod

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CVEMFc1tu3Ui739iSF6zufH13mqQcSLS/view?usp=sharing

The only thing I ask for is a minute, tiny mention in the credits!!!

Thank you very much guys and gals… You, BIS and the Arma series are the best

• Like 1

As unfortunate as the news of ceasing your own work on this may be, may we hope that your offline life is stable despite these issues? EDIT: The news of remission more than outweighs the hiatus of your own work on this!

I just had my two year PET-CT scan and it seems I'm still oficially in remission,so...

Yes, things for the moment are going well...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I thought that I released the source files but not a binarized pbo

I'm uploading a binarized pbo too

Here is the binarized pbo for whoever wants to try the ship. It is not finished and still lacks a lot of details. Hope you like it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdK6sfmMpbX4LzwoTnfaa4YXrEiJO-GP/view?usp=sharing

As I said above in another post, If anyone wants to continue, modify or do whatever he/she wants with the model, mod or whatever…. do as you wish

I give my explicit permission to modify, reupload, update or basically do everything to the model and mod

Thread has been moved to the complete section o7

On 5/26/2019 at 7:40 AM, mankyle said:

I just had my two year PET-CT scan and it seems I'm still oficially in remission,so...

good luck bud, stay strong! 💪

On 5/26/2019 at 7:40 AM, mankyle said:

Excellent news

On 5/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, mankyle said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CVEMFc1tu3Ui739iSF6zufH13mqQcSLS/view?usp=sharing

The only thing I ask for is a minute, tiny mention in the credits!!!

Thank you very much guys and gals… You, BIS and the Arma series are the best

I shall look for this on steam, and if its not there, put it there soon. And of course, you deserve much more than a minute, tiny mention in the credits. For a standalone upload, you should get all the credit... well unless a lot of work is added, but I only ever do ports and minor tweaks/config changes, so I don't envision changing much at all.

Its not like the ATLAS LHD: Plus by @j0nes that I had to put in a non-insignificant amount of work to update it (it works much better now using the spawning system for the USS Freedom), and well, I think I did give him more than a tiny mention, its one mention, but in the very first line:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737598604

I'll take a look at it, I think based on the pics it should already be useable. If it is, I may want to throw it in here (where I've got an Arma 2 F-35 port, the ATLAS LHD update + config changes and retextures for balance changes and improved options for operating from offshore bases)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1744603050

Reinstalled Arma 3 becaused I wanted to try Old Man and I dusted the old source files of the HSSV 72 Project...

I'm back again working on this...

I have some ideas that I want to try and I hope something Good comes from this...

I Will post some new pictures in one week or so.

To do Next

- solve script problems when loading boats

- improve boat loading animations

- Add more doors

- model seats

- add a cargo space with inventory

- modify lights system

- improve geo lod

EDIT: BTW I have just passed, in the middle of this COVID19 nightmare, the 3rd anniversary of my cancer. The risk of relapse just goes down from now on...

Everybody just keep strong and stay the f**k at home

• Like 9

G'day @mankyle,

Good to see you back working on this project.

Congrats on the anniversary.  Even better about the chances of relapse. 

Keep up the great work and take care of yourself.

Thanks @wansec_6

Yes... We are on quarantine here in Spain too and as non urgent surgeries have been cancelled I only have to work once or twice per week so I have a lot of free time (Medtech Industry sales rep)...

Back to the topic….

-  I have added a couple mor details and some new animations for loading boats. Now the cranes and thingies move and deploy for loading boats on the ship. I still have to refine the animations and such to avoid clipping and making them go smoother but I think this won't take more tan a couple of days.

-  I have added an armory with ammo and weapons and a couple more details...

-  I'm working on making all glass panels destroyable. Tomorrow I will have everything set up (I think)

-  Tomorrow I Will start modelling the cargo and general seats on the ship.

I have an idea but I still have to check if it is feasible. I have ZERO experience with dialogs so If anyone who knows about dialogs wants to give a hand… just PM me

Hello Mankyle! Great to hear you're fit and well during this nightmare. So awful to see what is happening across the world. Spain in particular seems to be suffering.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the progress you make with this.

Cheers! 

Yes... @chops

We have here some of the worst, spineless, most stupid, and overall useless politicians in the whole world...

But let's talk about Arma, not COVID19...

I just finished modelling and texturing the cargo seats and I have added a couple more details.

The starbord crane animations are 99% finished, only a couple more details to do (some ropes for ambience) and tomorrow I will continue with the port cranes.

I have added a gunner position in the flight control room and I have downloaded the UAV console dialog config to see if I can hack it so I can access the UAV console with an script from a gunner position.

Basically I want to add some consoles in the CIC from where a character can control UAVs without a console in his GPS slot..

• Like 2

Hi there...

Still working on this...

I'm preparing something new and I hope I will be able to post some pictures in a couple of days...

I'm still having problems configuring the glass so it can be destroyed and as I am a total noob regarding scripts I haven't been able to configure an static UAV console but I will keep working on this...

• Like 2

A new adition to the AAF navy fleet.

0BBE68E37AEDE2E5EFD7A4BA9D3D4FA8E853B239

• Like 6

Still working on the Patrol Boat.

5269034B7B6AA2EDFB9D90C67026FF555B04D85E

It is a replica of the Pacific Replacemente Patrol Boat from Austal. It is 40 meters long. I'm adding many details now and during the weekend I Will tinker with the markerlight and reflector classes. It has radar and can load a CRRC or a SDV on the Stern boat ramp. I'm trying to make enough space for a vanilla RHIB but the space on the Stern is quite small...

It is fully walkable and the GEO LOD is rock solid...

I need help with a couple of things...

I want to add selectable hull numbers ala Vanilla Destroyer but I don't know how to set hidden selections and control them from EDEN editor.

For the ship name… Would you use the setplate scripting command or use custom textures with an Alpha layer and a name?

In two weeks I Will post pics of another Project I'm working on now!!!

• Like 5

G'day @mankyle,

Both of those vessels are looking great. Can't wait to get them in game and see how they perform.

Will the Patrol Boat be armed similar to the Armidale class Patrol Boat currently in service with the Australian Navy?

Keep up the good work.

Hi @wansec_6

Yes. I'm planning a 20 mm RCWS. But... I'm not so experienced in modelling or texturing to do that.

I also want to add two .50 cal machineguns but although I have the models themselves (Arma 2 samples) I would still have to model the gun mounts...

16 hours ago, mankyle said:

I want to add selectable hull numbers ala Vanilla Destroyer but I don't know how to set hidden selections and control them from EDEN editor.

For the ship name… Would you use the setplate scripting command or use custom textures with an Alpha layer and a name?

I'd go with the later as it's more flexible. Chances are that you want to display the number and name on multiple places?

On the CH-46 we solved the numbering like:

CfgVehicles -> ttt_ch46 -> 

class ttt_ch46_decal1
            {
            	displayName = "10 Digit";
            	tooltip = "Left digit (10) of the helicopter number";
            	property = "ttt_ch46_decal1";
            	control = "Edit";
            	expression = "_this setVariable ['%s', parseNumber(_value) % 10]; [_this, parseNumber(_v
alue) % 10, 10] call ttt_ch46_fnc_setNumberDecal;";
            	defaultValue = -1;
            };
            class ttt_ch46_decal2: ttt_ch46_decal1
            {
            	displayName = "1 Digit";
            	tooltip = "Right digit (1) of the helicopter number";
            	property = "ttt_ch46_decal2";
            	expression = "_this setVariable ['%s', parseNumber(_value) % 10]; [_this, parseNumber(_v
alue) % 10, 1] call ttt_ch46_fnc_setNumberDecal;";
            };

Then in the setNumberDecal function:

// written by londo and TeTeT for CH-46

params [["_ch46", ObjNull], "_digit", "_power"];

if (isNull _ch46) exitWith {};
if (!local _ch46) exitWith {};

// uninitialized case, pick a random number
if (_digit isEqualTo -1) then {
	_digit = floor(random 10);
};

private _decal = format ["\ttt_ch46\decails\%1.paa", _digit];

if (_power == 10) then {
	_ch46 setObjectTexture[1,_decal];
	_ch46 setObjectTexture[3,_decal];
	_ch46 setObjectTexture[5,_decal];
} else {
	_ch46 setObjectTexture[2,_decal];
	_ch46 setObjectTexture[4,_decal];
	_ch46 setObjectTexture[6,_decal];
};

_ch46;

The hiddenselections in CfgVehicles and model.cfg:

hiddenSelections[] = {"clan", "num_f1", "num_f2", "num_l1", "num_l2", "num_r1", "num_r2"
, "hull", "cabin", "cockpit", "adds"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {
					"", "", "", "", "",  "", "",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\hull\ch46_hull_ca.paa",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\cabin\ch46_cabin_ca.paa",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\cockpit\ch46_cockpit_ca.paa",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\adds\ch46_adds_ca.paa"		

};
		hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {
					"", "", "", "", "",  "", "",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\hull\ch46_hull.rvmat",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\cabin\ch46_cabin.rvmat",
					"\ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\cockpit\ch46_cockpit.rvmat",
					"ttt_ch46\data\newtex\navyused\adds\ch46_adds.rvmat"
		};

and model.cfg:

class ttt_ch46d: Helicopter
	{
		skeletonName="ttt_ch46_skeleton";
		sectionsInherit="Helicopter";
		sections[]=
		{
			"zbytek",
			"hull",
			"cabin",
			"cockpit",
			"adds",
			"muzzleFlash",
			"Light_L",
			"Light_R",
			"light_L_pos",
			"light_R_pos",
			"Cockpit_Lights_L",
			"Cockpit_Lights_R",
			"newLights",
			"cabinLight1",
			"cabinLight2",
			"cabinLight3",
			"cabinLight4",
			"num_f1",
			"num_f2",
			"num_l1",
			"num_l2",
			"num_r1",
			"num_r2",
			"podsvit pristroju"
		};

Good luck!
TeTeT

Thanks @TeTe T

I Will look at the code and Will include in the mod...

I'm now modelling the Stern doors for CRRCs and SDVs…. RHIBs are too big for the patrol boat… They should fit but they don't

Now… I have put my hands on the deckplans of a couple of auxiliary logistic ships from Damen Schelde that:

a) Fit below the 72 meters GEO/Roadway LOD limit

b) Have space for helicopter operations and a ViV cargo deck plus space for two RHIBs and a lot of space for cargo proxies….

They could be used as a "mini LPD" by the independen side

Would anyone be interested in something like this? It is definitely too small for BLUFOR or OPFOR but not for INDFOR

• Like 2

G'day @mankyle,

The mini lpd idea sounds really great. It could also be used by PMC factions as well.

I think you should go for it.

I'll do @wansec_6

It will be something similar to this

Kership_LSPV90_LIMA_2017_1.jpg

Started this afternoon modelling the hull and cargo bay...

I will add an artillery cannon so it can provide fire support and I also want to model an small CIC room wit a couple of screens.

I'm still thinking wether to do a double size well deck or an small one.

The idea is to work with small LCVPs.

AAF cars and wheeled IFVs are anfibious so they can be launched and recovered directly from the well deck.

My idea is to make it driveable and add ViV capabilities. I have had an idea which is to tie ViV entry/exit points to animations so the vehicles get in/get out in fixed positions depending on wether the starbord door or the well deck door is open/closed...

It will also have space for a RHIB (not ViV) and I will try to add other features...

In three weeks or so I will need testers

• Like 2