She moves better. She turns in a dime without canting, accelerates like an sports car and reacts well to the waves. PHYSx work very well too. Engine limitations will probably limit its use to players. If PHYSx worked with Man class, if more than one cargo space per vehicle could be set, she would be much more versatile.

After  seeing the new destroyer I'm going to add many more details in some places. It gets frustrating to finish a part and then erase everything and redo it from scratch but the results are much better....

The carrier and destroyer props are awesome. I have reengineered 10 or 12 objects and reused the textures. They add a lot of ambience to otherwise empty areas. And the decals are beautiful too....

I would say she will be finished in three or four months

• Like 3

hSorry...

One question. I have been thinking and it seems more logical to me to put the ship in Independent side, for example inside AAF faction, than belonging to BLUFOR. Altis is an island nation and would need sealift to ferry tropos and material from island to island.Do you think it makes sense?

I mean... US would have an LSD, LPH, LHD, LHA or any of those big assed landing ships, but an small nation such as Altis would have a much smaller piece of equipment. I'm going to put numerals in the ship and also a name. Two or three ships would make sense and they would fit inside of the different Altian ports. I'm thinking about baptising them with Altian City names, such as Oreokastro, Kavala, and such...

Any opinions there???

I keep with the modelling part  and I'm adding many more details to the hull and interior. This part is loooooong and booring so I think I won't show any more screenshots for one or two weeks. Don't despair. I Will try to finish this and I don't want this to end up like so many dead mods out there. Even if I lose interest in it, I Will release the source files in case anyone wants to finish her.

Last screenshot for a couple of days…

E8482A3DFE6C53288F3EFB573B0015F74862E1A1A62BABB74BACD9B2C241EE4B21670706A4F885AD

• Like 7

Progressing very nicely mate! I think the AAF one is perfectly fine yeah. Perhaps consider adding variants to NATO/CIV without decals etc for those who wish to use the ship outside of the AAF faction?

For civilian....

I'm planning to add an smaller vessel. It will also allow vehicle in vehicle and the same features. 

I will see what I can do regarding sides.

Well if it is able to be be "driven" I would be all for the option to have it in each faction. Especially considering it is a ship that would be built and sold to whoever had the cash money to buy it. Otherwise it's is just going to have to go through the process for many of us and be config'd to work for all the factions in various faction packs for missions. So just go ahead and get it out of the way from the beginning so many of us don't have to create another mod to load for a mission.

Well… In this moment it is coded in BLUFOR, but I intend to change it to Independent….

The idea is to add AAF and Altis markings plus a plate in both sides that reads the name of the ship, but those things can be changed via set texture. It would be just a matter of changing texture paths to different flags and such… 

I Will probably need some help with that. There are many things that I don't know how to do them and I'm learning by trial and mistake…..

For example I'm having problems with transparent textures. I'm reusing BIS textures and RVMATs, I just put the path but the Alpha channel doesn't work and I just have either opaque textures or black textured áreas. Any idea anyone??

I already have selected all those faces and moved to top the texture…

I have some ideas but thos Will be for later. Other things are progressing steadily. I have finally enabled radar and FLIR and I have begun animating her.

I'm seriously considering creating a blog about this project so I can post little pieces of news but my life is full of problems right now (in two weeks or so I have a couple tests for my cáncer controls, for example). Anyway, and as I said before, don't fear because this Will be released.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 1:04 AM, mankyle said:

Well… In this moment it is coded in BLUFOR, but I intend to change it to Independent….

The idea is to add AAF and Altis markings plus a plate in both sides that reads the name of the ship, but those things can be changed via set texture. It would be just a matter of changing texture paths to different flags and such… 

I Will probably need some help with that. There are many things that I don't know how to do them and I'm learning by trial and mistake…..

For example I'm having problems with transparent textures. I'm reusing BIS textures and RVMATs, I just put the path but the Alpha channel doesn't work and I just have either opaque textures or black textured áreas. Any idea anyone??

I have some ideas but thos Will be for later. Other things are progressing steadily. I have finally enabled radar and FLIR and I have begun animating her.

I'm seriously considering creating a blog about this project so I can post little pieces of news but my life is full of problems right now (in two weeks or so I have a couple tests for my cáncer controls, for example). Anyway, and as I said before, don't fear because this Will be released.

A blog would be super awesome. I'm really looking forward to this mod and I would love reading updates about it right of your mind.

Just a suggestion though; Creating a Discord might be a easier path for you while also allowing you to directly interact with your fans via Questions and Comments.

On 1.7.2018 at 8:04 AM, mankyle said:

Try to save the original png/tga/whatever texture as a solid texture without alpha channel, with the filename ending in <filename>_co.<ext> and then convert to <filename>_co.paa with any of the tools published by BI. On the other hand a texture with alpha channel use the _ca suffix of the filename (not the extension). 

However, sometimes the engine is still confused with alpha channel textures and makes everything see through. If that's the case, add Forcenotalpha=1 to the named properties of your Geo lod. Good luck!

I have finally solved some transparency problems using other texture. Now all windows are transparent....

Now I'm adding decals and details and I have started to model the seats for the troops. I'm a little busy with work so I haven't had time to devote to this in 3 weeks but this weekend I will continue working on it...

I'm going to start animations and such and also the turret modelling... I'm also planning to add more details to the hull.

I have already added lights and ilumination works. Inside there is light and outside light sources are blocked by the geometry...

It looks acceptable IMHO... but this is going to take a couple of months more

• Like 4

@mankyle did you pull the files for the LCS2 mod you were working on? There is a guy in our community that is wanting to learn and practice with some stuff and I linked him that thread but we keep getting some Russian download link that wants to install a virus.

I haven't had much time lately. I will try to upload the source files to 4shared or somewhere else so you can download them.

LCS 2 source files

Sorry. Between job, a couple more test of my cáncer (that ended up with good results), a trip abroad and a gazillion more things I haven't had time to devote to this in a LOOOONG time.

I restarted working on the ship today and I hope I will be able to upload a beta soon™

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

G'day @mankyle,

Good to hear you got a good report on your cancer.

Take your time and get it done when you're ready.

I hope it too!!!

For the moment everytHing goes well and it has been almost two years since the diagnosys. Many lymphomas have very good prognosys. Others not so good. For the moment mine looks like its not going to come back

I will try to upload a beta after christmas, if I can

I will keep you posted!!!

• Like 1

Nahhhh

It's not a problem. Now that Xmas is coming my workload is less tan normal and I Will have more time to devote to this. Regarding my cáncer, it was an aggressive lymphoma of a particular type that in 70% of the patients it can be "CURED". I got into complete remission after just two chemotherapy sessions so my prognosis is good or so the doctors say. I never felt really bad, just tired from the chemo and such.

Now back to the ship, I'm adding as many details as I can to the ship and son I Will start modelling dials, screens, keyboards and controls in the ship's bridge. I have a couple ideas that I want to add but we Will see how the end up..

I Will post a couple more screenshots this weekend.

Thanks mates!!!!

• Like 2

Great to hear all is well mate! Nice to have you back.

• Like 1

Looks nice, it reminds me of the Fast Sea frame mod from years ago.

Will this be properly destroyable (I see to recall the fast sea frame was never properly configured, and was basically indestructible)?

As to which side it should belong to... all 3 sides could use an asset like this.

NATO could use it, as NATO is more than just the US. Many of the smaller NATO members operate smaller ships somewhat similar to these. The builder is Autralian after all, a US ally, so a NATO side would be appropriate. Its also similar in size to the US navy Littoral combat ships (although the static USS liberty seems to be based on those, even if its called a destroyer).

On the other hand, Oman is on friendly terms with Iran (not that it is on hostile terms with NATO. It could conceivably become a CSAT member in the Armaverse.

As I've posted before, CSAT has pretty bad airborne and amphibious assault options. They only ground combat vehicles that they can airlift are LSVs and MRAPs... ie either thin armor and an HMG or GMG, or no armor and a minigun or AT launcher. Compare this to the AAF's Nyx tankettes mounting AT launchers, autocannons, AA missiles, with more armor (although still light)... or compare it to the NATO options with the Blackfish and the Huron... in addition to the MRAPs and LSVs, they transport AMV 7 marhsalls (medium armor, 40mm autocannon) and Rhinos (120 mm cannon, ATGMs, medium armor).

CSAT similarly lacks amphibious capability... AAF has the gorgon (perhaps the best with ATGMs, autocannon, medium armor), while Nato has the Marshall, and CSAT has only the Marid (by far the weakest armament of the wheeled APCs/IFVs).

This ship could really improve CSAT's amphibious capabilities, while NATO would still have the advantage in airlift.

You've already made the arguments for the independent faction... so, in the end, it would be a good addition to any side

or the momento it has been coded in the AAF.

I know I'm being lazy but it has been quite difficult to improve the model. I'm at the very limit of the GEO LOD capabilities and the avatars sometimes fall through the floor. Very rarely but it still happens. The ship is otherwise fully walkable and fairly stable.

I have more or less solved the transparency problems even if I still have to improve it and I'm steadily adding new details each day to the ship. I'm now texturing internal doors and I'm experimenting with light sources as you can see in these screenshots.

The vehicle in vehicle isn't really neccessary for human operated vehicles as PHYSx allow cars, tanks, helos and other vehicles to be transported without resorting to Vehicle In Vehicle. That is neccessary for AI controlled vehicles, though.

218A7FC0306E1129FA89D9637CA3195F7B59F8D5

I have also started modelling the cargo seats and I'm doing also some experiments in the bridge reusing the new Destroyer textures.

Will this be properly destroyable (I see to recall the fast sea frame was never properly configured, and was basically indestructible)?

It can be destroyed if that's what you are asking. I'm having problems with the BISURF materiales. I have set them in the Fire GEO LOD but it still keeps getting the dust FX when firing on the ship while it should be metal hit FX.

I'm also trying to understand how to set hitpoints so I can set destroyable Windows and such…. Still a LOOONG way to go. First modelling and after that configging

Some news...

I have added a reference horizon bar for the helicopter pad on the Stern and it Works more or less and I'm experimenting with a Glide Slope Indicator system.

I think I know how to properly set it so it Works as intended It is just a matter of modelling and being careful with the angles but I think it will work.

If it works I will add a couple of reference documents or even add them to the wiki in case anyone wants to add these features to a ship

So you mentioned that with PhysX it works well with (among others) Helos... does it work well with VTOL aircraft too?

I've recently been making a standalone port of the Arma 2 F-35 (I'm surprised that one doesn't already exist that is up to date with the Jets DLC& Dynamic loadouts... its just the F-38 in the Aegis mod pack, or the F-35 from CUP that is only STOVL and can't take off vertically [which is highly desirable for gameplay reasons: so one can hover taxi and reposition it on a crowded ship deck with no towing mod... particularly the lower decks of the Atlas LHD].

It could be cool to use in combination with this ship.

Likewise, the Xian could go well with this ship (I recently made a combat variant of it with better handling, sensors, and more pylon options).

And for the AAF... if this works with VTOL planes, then I may have to locate/make a standalone harrier for the AAF