G'day @mankyle,

She sounds like she'll be an asset to any fleet. 

I'd be happy to put my hand up to assist with testing any of your vessels, if you need extra testers.

Hi there

Not dead (not the mod and not me...  In March it will be 4 years since I was declared in remission from my cancer) and I'm still working on this.

I want to add a new vessel and I have started modelling it. It is going to be a multi part vessel (around 130 meters) that I think it will be quite useful por amphibious assaults. I will post updates in a couple of weeks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

G'day @mankyle,

Good to hear you're still alive and kicking. 

Looking forward to your next project. It sounds interesting.

Have you released the HSSV and Patrol Boat and if so, where can they be downloaded from? I haven't seen a download link in the topic.

Keep up the great work and take care of yourself.

No. I haven't released them yet. They are not finished yet but I will upload them this weekend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mankyle said:

Hi there

Not dead (not the mod and not met...  In March it will be 4 years since I was declared in remission from my cancer)

Glad to hear it, on both accounts mate!

3B1A4B513498C0B88DCA81470787657DE094B393

Just a side project I'm working on. The problem is that even though hovercraftx simulation works, the damned vehicle can't move over land, just over water. I will probably move it to the Independent side so the AAF can have some more toys to play with.

Also, animating the cushion is a f*****g nightmare....

PS: In the screenshot there is a clue of another thing I'm working on...

😉

• Like 1

Hi there

I'm liberating the source files of the High Speed Support Vessel and the Pacific Class Replacement Boat mods as I promised a couple of weeks ago. If anyone wants to modify or tinker with them I EXPLICITELY give my permission to do so

You can modify them and re-release them as your addons if you want

Enjoy

High Speed Support Vessel source Files

https://www.4shared.com/archive/i2Kd3CJPiq/mnk_hssv.html

Pacific Class Patrol Boat Source Files

https://www.4shared.com/archive/FMZiIWuKiq/mnk_prpb.html

• Like 2

I'm going to post a couple more pictures of how my latest project is proceeding.

It is a free interpretation of the Tsaplya (Murena E) class medium hovercraft. I have called it μελαχρινή (melachrini) class hovercraft because it means the same (Moray) and it sounds well.

It is currently used by Russia and South Korea and it is roughly equivalent to an american LCAC. It can transport confortably more troops but less vehicles. For the moment it can transport three AAF trucks or Four striders or two APCs/IFV or one MBT plus another light vehicle.

I will probably do two versions: troop transport and ViV transport. For the troop transport version it will be able to hold a HUGE quantity of troopers.

It is armed with two 30 mm cannons, can use smoke launchers, has a working radar and as you can see, a working cargo door. My modelling skills are crap and I still haven't solved the trick of the working numerals or how to get the cargo door to be open/closed in EDEN editor. But  I think it is more useful than a patrol boat or an LPD.

For the moment it has been coded as a boat but I'm experimenting with other options so it can move over land and sea.

I'll keep you posted

PS: These screenshots has been taken in Sahrani if anyone asks

2427ADF02B0F8DB753F23CDFB6AD9BB8D7B23745

EDC77174B3D44B95DA8F03DC2B6DD04C15C80BFF

F6A2B4810E8D895A11960A05DD02AEB4B03794AA

• Like 5

On 1/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, mankyle said:

Just a side project I'm working on. The problem is that even though hovercraftx simulation works, the damned vehicle can't move over land, just over water. I will probably move it to the Independent side so the AAF can have some more toys to play with.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1566817695&searchtext=

try talking to the author of this mod. in the video you will see that this type of equipment can both swim and ride on land. you can download the mod and try it yourself. there are already these models.

I already had done that...

He has coded the W.H.A.L.E. hovercraft clone as a tank with amphibious capabilities. It has limitations though...

Still thinking how I'm going to do that