5 hours ago, Park.M said:

If you are really worried

Just asking, if you think there are no reason - it is ok.

Hi Mr. Park. Nice to see that we finally got some decent fixed wing mechanics here. Me too I thought ACE changed some of the flight physics but nop, there is not much except G load. Real pilots here too but I almost never touch Arma’s jet for obvious reason. Vanilla jet even plus Jet DLC brought nothing decent and thanks for your mod there is finally chance for Arma to redeem itself as an all around simulator. 

But the system was flawed in the beginning. I’ve tried your mod with ACE and the fundamental flaw was still there: THERE IS NO TRIM !!!   Basic Flight Lesson No.1, and Arma doesn’t even have a keybinding for trimming the aircraft !!!!   I can accept autotrim as well considering the 2035 setting, AIRBUS and F18 in real life has autotrim as well, but even autotrim was not in there at all!! When you put the aircraft in approach configuration the physics were a mess. Airspeed not stable, nose constantly drop, power setting around 20% and the airspeed is still increasing, etc; this is not the way how we fly the real thing and for an accurate milsim this is just such a shame, and making people to doubt other parts of it’s simulation fidelity as well. 

Your mod is already a giant leap towards the right direction. Are we expecting the function of trimming anytime soon? Sorry for the grunt and keep up the great work!!

On 9/10/2021 at 4:22 AM, Jacques Lees said:

Hi Mr. Park. Nice to see that we finally got some decent fixed wing mechanics here. Me too I thought ACE changed some of the flight physics but nop, there is not much except G load. Real pilots here too but I almost never touch Arma’s jet for obvious reason. Vanilla jet even plus Jet DLC brought nothing decent and thanks for your mod there is finally chance for Arma to redeem itself as an all around simulator. 

But the system was flawed in the beginning. I’ve tried your mod with ACE and the fundamental flaw was still there: THERE IS NO TRIM !!!   Basic Flight Lesson No.1, and Arma doesn’t even have a keybinding for trimming the aircraft !!!!   I can accept autotrim as well considering the 2035 setting, AIRBUS and F18 in real life has autotrim as well, but even autotrim was not in there at all!! When you put the aircraft in approach configuration the physics were a mess. Airspeed not stable, nose constantly drop, power setting around 20% and the airspeed is still increasing, etc; this is not the way how we fly the real thing and for an accurate milsim this is just such a shame, and making people to doubt other parts of it’s simulation fidelity as well. 

Your mod is already a giant leap towards the right direction. Are we expecting the function of trimming anytime soon? Sorry for the grunt and keep up the great work!!

Thanks for the opinion, but the trim issue has a problem. In order to simulate trims I need to work on how torque works with Arma 3 physics engine. I've found how linear forces work through some tests, but how the torque works is still vague. This is one of the reasons why your nose turn away from the wind, unlike how it handles in real life. I haven't done any torque related implementation, and therefore cannot work on trim settings.

Considering I still have almost no idea how they work after years of testing, I'm not sure if I can find them out. But if I get to find out how torque works, trim will definitely be a feature to be added. But still thanks for your suggestion, I'll make sure to add such update on patch note once I manage to add that. Thanks!

Ok, nice to know the mechanics behind it. I remembered they used to tweak the torque in PhsicX for the vehicle behavier,  also some boat shore interaction mod mentioned it as well.  Funny that they even have trim for helicopters but not Fixed wing.  I really don't want people to think this is how we fly airplanes....  

The only reason you would need manual trims on the fixed wing aircraft is because sometimes they don't seem to be auto trimming properly to 1G when your hand is off the stick and they'll kind of nose down.