gokitty1199

Universal Door Code Lock

1 hour ago, WarhammerActual said:

please re read what i posted where i mentioned it being updated. it will still throw the error for some reason with the rugged tablet, however the code lock still works as intended. im not sure why only that tablet shows the error but the normal white tablet doesnt throw the error yet they both function, it doesn't make sense. yes there is a way to make it lock all the doors in the building as its how my dynamic code lock works(other version on youtube). once i do some more work on it then it will have that option as well as many others such as preset lock codes and such.

This looks sick. Do kids still say that? Thanks for you work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AZCoder said:

This looks sick. Do kids still say that? Thanks for you work.

i think most of them say dope and then throw in the n word in there somewhere for class. thanks man

• Haha 3

Sup, did anyone try/have success at making the script work with a predefined code for a door?

I'm currently working on a semi-persistent mission for a few friends where they can acquire gear and the plan is to also let them lock it away in "storage shacks", so it would be perfect if I could just assign a code to a given door.

If noone has done it yet, could anyone point in the right direction as to where I would have to look for the functions required to make this happen?

Hi, having trouble with the tablet...when I stick it up in the air against the wall the keypad option wont work but if I leave it laying on the floor the keypad works I can set the codes but it still doesn't lock the door?? any ideas. Also I only have 1 tablet in the building but it gives me the option for 2 open key pads?

Fantastic script thou good job

Yes it still works fully but only with the original  tablet. (the others will lock but not unlock) you can change the look with a graphics .paa & it still works.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2392593382

Mod still available on Armaholics see page 1 this topic.

PS Only seems to work with default vanilla buildings wont lock buildings added in the editor, doors remain unlocked.

On 2/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Yes it still works fully but only with the original  tablet.

You can easily change that by adding classnames to kitty_codeLockIinit.sqf:

_tablet = "Land_Tablet_01_F";
_objects = allMissionObjects _tablet;
{
	null = [_x] execVM "kitty_lockFolder\setupKeypads\setup.sqf";
} forEach _objects;

===

On 2/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, jgaz-uk said:

PS Only seems to work with default vanilla buildings wont lock buildings added in the editor, doors remain unlocked.

I agree. Also doesn't work on Livonia buildings. The editor gives an error in the first called script, the keypad setup.

Tested the first commands in the debug console with an editor placed building. Seems that nearestBuilding draws a blank. Is it that nearestBuilding doesn't count placed buildings? Can anybody comment further on this?

Yes I tried changing the class names, but found it buggy, it would lock but then not unlock.

Wish there was a way to use it on  buildings placed on the map.

hello, the post is now old but I would need this beautiful script, but it is no longer downloadable, how can I do to get it? help me please, thank you

Subscribe to the example mission in the first post. It contains everything you need and shows you how to use it. 

Don't create additional topics. 

4 minutes ago, bigbamboo12 said:

Sorry but I didn't understand what I should do to be able to download the material

PM sent