Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

Exporte Data to txt

Hi,

I need to export some data from ArmA (I am actually using ArmA to do some research on teams). In particular, I need to export the values of some variables into a txt file. I used "diag_log" but its not very handy because ArmA dumps all kinds of stuff in their and it becomes really long really fast. I then read of the profileNameSpace which would be very handy. However, I am not able to open the profile file ArmA creates. Is there a way to open it as a readable txt file, or another way to export the data? 

You might want to write a function that returns all the informations you want to gather and then copy it to your clipboard.

_infos = call fnc_evaluation;

copyToClipBoard _info;

I was not aware that that works...That might indeed help :) However, I guess the profile file is not accessable without greater effort?

Not without greater effort, no.

But you can store your informations inside a profileNamespace variable and fetch it from that.

_infos = call fnc_evaluation;

profileNamespace setVariable ["var_evaluation",_infos];

and then retrieve it.

profileNamespace getVariable "var_evaluation";

Great, thank you for that idea! I'll just use an external script (maybe word and VB...) in the background than that fetches the clipboard information automatically. :)

17 hours ago, gokitty1199 said:

use inidbi2? just write whatever you need to the file with it

I am looking for a less complex solution that does not involve installing mods :)