Sign in to follow this  
-CCCP-Stalker

Mi26 0.9b

You can get it here For webmaster - READ THE README. For those who stealing addons - READ THE README

EDIT: Oh almost forgot. Please don't write how good the addons is smile.gif Only propositions and bug reports. xmas.gif

One question, is the ramp supposed to work?

When if I am outside of the chopper and I stand near the ramp, an option comes up in the command bar that isnt in English and has the word 'rampe' in it. I presume this is to lower the ramp? If it is, it didnt work for me.

Besides that, excellant work.

Tried it looks good. Here are somethings to look at.

Tail Rotor

-Seems to be a bit far out

-Shows on the left side of the tail

-The real one have some kind of wing (didnt know what word to use  xmas.gif ) on top of the tail on both left and right side (bigger on the right side), where the tail rotor is, so it isnt just a cylinder with blades on. look at this picture.

Ai

Ai cant land it always crashes.

Red star/paintjob

The red star on the side is very bright. Also the whole chopper looks like it just got a new paint job  smile.gif. So maybe make it look more "dirty"and "used".

Door Gunner

Maybe add a door gunner at the front door.

Just a few things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Dec. 16 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a mirror: http://ofp-zone.gamesurf.tiscali.de/downloa....ails=29<span id='postcolor'>

Have u read the readme file ? It sais "If you want to distribute or host this addon contact me first !!!!". Delete it from you site.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 16 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried it looks good. Here are somethings to look at.

Tail Rotor

-The real one have some kind of wing (didnt know what word to use  xmas.gif ) on top of the tail on both left and right side (bigger on the right side), where the tail rotor is, so it isnt just a cylinder with blades on. look at this picture.

Ai

Red star/paintjob

The red star on the side is very bright. Also the whole chopper looks like it just got a new paint job  smile.gif. So maybe make it look more "dirty"and "used".

Door Gunner

Just a few things.<span id='postcolor'>

AI CAn land the chopper. Read the readme file carefully. Door gunner will be added but not now. Paint job is looking new because we wanted to make NEW Soviet chopper for OFP xmas.gif Regarding to the wing. What EXACTLy do you mean ? Can u highlight it on the picture ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 16 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 16 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried it looks good. Here are somethings to look at.

Tail Rotor

Ai

Red star/paintjob

Door Gunner

AI CAn land the chopper. Read the readme file carefully. Door gunner will be added but not now. Paint job is looking new because we wanted to make NEW Soviet chopper for OFP xmas.gif Regarding to the wing. What EXACTLy do you mean ? Can u highlight it on the picture ?<span id='postcolor'>

i did it the way the readme said and ai still crash's

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 16 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 16 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tried it looks good. Here are somethings to look at.

Tail Rotor

Ai

Red star/paintjob

Door Gunner

AI CAn land the chopper. Read the readme file carefully. Door gunner will be added but not now. Paint job is looking new because we wanted to make NEW Soviet chopper for OFP xmas.gif Regarding to the wing. What EXACTLy do you mean ? Can u highlight it on the picture ?<span id='postcolor'>

I just wanted to say that I really like your Mi-26 so far! The cockpit is just superb and I'm glad that you added in the 2 other crew positions. That makes it much more realistic. The cargo area also looks very nice, although are the seats in those helicopters that comfortable looking? hehehe.. I thought they just had benches. The outside textures are a little bit bright, but I think they are ok. Much better I think then Hawk's Mi-26. But it wouldn't hurt to make them a little less bright because only Russian helicopters at airshows look that new and pretty. smile.gif

Ok...now comes the main problem.

I followed the read me instructions exactly but.... the AI still crashes. The problem is that even in the hover mode, the helicopter does not hover. Every time it turns or moves it starts flying foward fast even though it is supposed to be hovering and it is NOT supposed to dip its nose forward so much. Actually even Hawk's Mi-26 didn't do this which is strange because I think his Mi-26 was a little bit bigger.

So basically as it is, unless a player flies the Mi-26, it is not usable in OFP missions if the AI flies it because most of the time the AI crashes it. Hopefully once you've adjusted the mass and weights and all those things, that the AI will be able to land it. But so far it looks very very nice. I look foward to newer versions. Keep up the great work. Oh...and try and see if BIS will help you solve the speed problems. It would be nice if they gave the addon community a little more help.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 16 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Dec. 16 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a mirror: http://ofp-zone.gamesurf.tiscali.de/downloa....ails=29<span id='postcolor'>

Have u read the readme file ? It sais "If you want to distribute or host this addon contact me first !!!!". Delete it from you site.<span id='postcolor'>

I apalogize!

Have been in a hurry and unable to read Readme

Now it links on your webspace.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 16 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding to the wing. What EXACTLy do you mean ? Can u highlight it on the picture ?<span id='postcolor'>

If you look at the picture i linked, at thetop of the tail where tail rotor is mounted. On the left side theres a little "bubble" and on the right side the "bubble" is longer and goes all the way out to the rotorhead. Thats the thing im talking about smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Dec. 16 2002,10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One question, is the ramp supposed to work?

When if I am outside of the chopper and I stand near the ramp, an option comes up in the command bar that isnt in English and has the word 'rampe' in it. I presume this is to lower the ramp? If it is, it didnt work for me.

Besides that, excellant work.<span id='postcolor'>

The same here. Can't get neither the ramp nor the auxiliary doors to work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 16 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Dec. 16 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a mirror: http://ofp-zone.gamesurf.tiscali.de/downloa....ails=29<span id='postcolor'>

Have u read the readme file ? It sais "If you want to distribute or host this addon contact me first !!!!". Delete it from you site.<span id='postcolor'>

MEOW!  tounge.gif  Most people are grateful of mirrors.  confused.gif

Oh, and you forgot the magic word - "Delete it from you site, please."

Where do you stand to open the ramp.  I don't get an option to do so confused.gif

Edit:Also maybe a little less armor. A SA-7 does like 30% damage on it and I believe a sholder fired sam recently shot one of these down in Chechnya

Very nice model and I like the textures even if they look a bit cartoony. I think the cockpit is great and I had great fun playing with your choppper. Nice to see that someone has finally made a Russian chopper.

Also I've didn't find any real bug but you should:

-Delete the "Enable Manual Fire"

-Make it so that it can land when AI is pilot

Great job!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 17 2002,05wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you have to delete the other mi26 from my thread there is a conflict between both of them

<!--emo&sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I uninstalled the other Mi26 before putting this installing this one and it still happens.

*Edit* Apperantly not, I just found the file  still in my add-ons folder, now I will go and see.

*Edit 2* All fine now-thanks for the help Solid Snake smile.gif

I do hope in future versions that the ramp will be able to be lowered.

Well I have to say I wasnt expecting much when I downloaded this considering its your first addon but its friggin excellent biggrin.gif

Only things I could suggest are make the engine sound a little bit louder (Id imagine these things are deafening in real-life); and the AI has a horrible time landing this bird. It seems like the chopper gains a lot of speed when the ai rotate in a hover, and the ai always rotate a little while they are landing.

Other than that Im amazed. I especially love how its a royal pain in the ass to fly, which im guessing is how these beasts are in real-life biggrin.gif

the open ramp option dosent even show up ( i know it in a differnt lang) but it was in the beta i really hope u bring back that option so i can start loading jeeps and stuff in it. (also if you can fix the bug to stop the car from falling out the bottom plz.

The ramp is not supposed to open. Delete all others Mi26 from your folder. They have the same class name that's why they are conflicting. Have u played the test mission ? There AI lands normally. But when I also tried it just on plain Desert Island AI lands only on middle speed (in the test mission it is low). Strange. But it can't be fixed I think. Why ? Because it is a bug of the game. It don't support big helis.

hi,

is it possible to make the ladders work on the side of the chopper? that would be really nice... /not so usefull, but pretty funny/ and you should add, some rectractable ladder to the front door, because it's too high for a soldier to climb up with full equipment... wink.gif /and the we can even walk inside if it's not moving/

by the way, really nice flight dynamics, you can almost feel the mass of this huge chopper. xmas.gif

cu!

Very nice work. I tested that other Mi26 out and although it was more of an alpha model than a beta, I did like the opening ramp and door on the side.

Your model is excellent though and flies very well (for a massive chopper) wink.gif

I don´t like the flight model. Tooks ages to get it turn.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Dec. 17 2002,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don´t like the flight model. Tooks ages to get it turn.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, as u know, this helo is not a littlebird, which moves, like a hornet... xmas.gif Btw if u find out how to, then you can turn it pretty fast to the size of it. Just try a few turning methods, then u will find it out.. wink.gif

Gotta try, i tried with keyboard and mouse and it was awful. Yes it´s a big bugger but i think it shouldn´t be worse than chinook imho.