Server spec:

Xeon X5675  2 cores

8GB Ram

100Mbps connection

Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Firewall is close

Mission config:

45 players slots

based on Malden map, add couple of stuff such like:helicopter, building, vehicle, jet craft.

Mods:

ACE

CBA

Red Hammer

MCC 4

3CB Equipment

TADST performance setting:

Maxmsgsend 768

MaxSizeGuaranteed 800

MaxSizeNonguaranteed 400

Maxbandwidth: 100mbit/s

Minbandwidth: 1280kbit/s

MinErrorToSend=0.004;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.04

Maximum Custom File Size=240KB

maxPacketSize=2000

HT  is Enalbed

The first problem is about client connection, few users are stock at “ loading missiong data” screen, the loading bar is stop, even no one is in the server, they just can’t pass the loading progress. Some one can change the player slot to sovle it, but 2-3 guys are never success.

Second is about lag, after learned this subject:https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/147591-tutorial-server-bandwidth-optimisation/, I figure out our server can carry at least 64 player above. But when the player number overtake 20, all players get serious lag in the server.

I think it’s not about Mods part, We have another server has same Mods, it's have no connection issue, but that one has just only 20Mbps banwidth, so 20 players will cause to lag.

I really have no idea for it, anyone can help for this?

Have you monitored CPU usage? I expect you'll find that 1 core of your CPU is working flat out and the others are idle, which is usual for this game.

The unhappy truth for you is that the machine you are using isn't powerful enough for this game and this is made worse by the demanding mission you are running on it.

It is, after all, a 7 year old piece of kit.

I'm not keen on Xeons as A3 game servers. They just don't seem to work as well as equivalent i7 models.

Hi Tankbuster, thanks for reply.

I can't ensure the hardware performance can not handle the arma3 server runing. The cpu usage is about 10%, ram usage about 2GB-2.5GB (8GB total), network banwidth usage is about 20Mbps (100Mbps total). It seems the server has enough resource to handle it.

That CPU usage you see is total across all cores. 1 core will be ~90%and the rest will be idle. As the server only runs on one core, you're hitting the limits of that cpu

On 5/25/2018 at 3:24 AM, Bin Zhai said:

TADST performance setting:

Maxmsgsend 768

MaxSizeGuaranteed 800

MaxSizeNonguaranteed 400

Maxbandwidth: 100mbit/s

Minbandwidth: 1280kbit/s

MinErrorToSend=0.004;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.04

Maximum Custom File Size=240KB

maxPacketSize=2000

HT  is Enalbed

The first problem is about client connection, few users are stock at “ loading missiong data” screen, the loading bar is stop, even no one is in the server, they just can’t pass the loading progress. Some one can change the player slot to sovle it, but 2-3 guys are never success.

Second is about lag, after learned this subject:https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/147591-tutorial-server-bandwidth-optimisation/, I figure out our server can carry at least 64 player above. But when the player number overtake 20, all players get serious lag in the server.

I think it’s not about Mods part, We have another server has same Mods, it's have no connection issue, but that one has just only 20Mbps banwidth, so 20 players will cause to lag.

I really have no idea for it, anyone can help for this?

You set class sockets{maxPacketSize = <limit>;}; to high

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg

class sockets{maxPacketSize = <limit>;};

Maximal size of packet sent over network.

This can be set for both client-to-server AND server-to-client(s) independently! see client(arma2.cfg#Generic_config or arma2oa.cfg#Generic_config, )

Default: 1400

Use please only in case Your router or ISP enforce lower packet size and You have connectivity issues with game

Desync might happen if used MaxSizeGuaranteed/MaxSizeNonguaranteed values over the maxPacketSize.

maxPacketSize default reduced from 1490 to 1400 since 1.60, thus MaxSize... values over 1300 could be affected negatively.