Hello All,

I am trying to modify AI skills as shown on this webpage: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

I specifically want to edit a units 'spot distance' but I am unsure where to enter the code depicted on the above link. Example shown on the above page reads as:

aimingAccuracy[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; aimingShake[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; aimingSpeed[] = {0, 0.5, 1, 1}; commanding[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; courage[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; endurance[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; general[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; reloadSpeed[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; spotDistance[] = {0, 0, 1, 1}; spotTime[] = {0, 0, 1, 0.7};

Where do i enter this code? Is this for the all the units in a group or used for AI individually?

Thanks as always!

The above you posted is for the config CfgAISkill. To set a unit's spotting distance without the need for a config mod then use the following:

_unit setSkill["spottingDistance",yourDistanceHere];
//or if you are executing local to unit
player setSkill["spottingDistance",yourDistanceHere];

OR, if you do indeed plan on changing CfgAISkill via config you'll need to make a mod. Here is a link about replacing configs:

ArmA 3 Replacement Config Tutorial

keep in mind, (as said in CfgAISkill page you linked) that these sub skill configs are used to define skill curve.

32 minutes ago, mudnut said:

The above you posted is for the config CfgAISkill. To set a unit's spotting distance without the need for a config mod then use the following:

_unit setSkill["spottingDistance",yourDistanceHere];
//or if you are executing local to unit
player setSkill["spottingDistance",yourDistanceHere];

Where exactly do I put this text? Thanks for the info!