Hi, I know that you can force a player to walk by using forceWalk, but i'd also like to know if it's possible to force other paces onto the player.
combat pace, run, sprint
namely.
I cannot find a similar command for these paces.
A lead I was following would be to detect the keys set for toggle on these settings and emulate their input, but I don't know if it's possible to emulate key input from a script.

Afaik it is indeed impossible to emulate input from a script in terms of movement. (It's possible to an extent with ctrls).

I believe movement is driven by animation, so you could try using switchMove (biki) or playMoveNow (biki) (the latter being my preferred method) and play a walking animation on the unit with these commands. Of course you may find there may be missing pieces from the movement and you could end up now being able to rotate or cancel the animation. I cannot currently test this, so report back if you have any time to.

Yes, I have tried that, it works but you'd have to basically relink every animation, eg walking is not just one animation, there's one for strafing left , strafing right, moving backwards etc. Doing that for every available pace would be loooonngg and painful, and also I don't know if it will have effects on stamina etc. I will do this only if I do not find a better solution...
My end goal is to produce a mod that would allow you to change your pace with ctrl + scrollwheel (like you can in escape from tarkof for example), there has to be commands and functions for character movement but alas except for forcewalk none of them have been made public by BI...

hey,

im also interested in this is it possible by now to change to different pace modes via script?

double tapping "C" will make player change to combat pace so technically its doable but what is the command for it?

if someone knows this please share =)