strider42

[Solved] Can't drag unconsious players

I realise the ability to drag injured players is not available in the vanilla game.

However there are several implementations that allow you to drag a player who is in the revive/unconscious state, including ACE.

The bizarre bit is with all of them I have an intermittent problem when I have activated the drag option I then can't move backwards.  I can turn and move the body like that.

I suspect the problem is related to the fact I don't use the standard key mappings for movement.  I use ESDF instead of WASD for movement keys.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance  S

PS - When I say intermittent, I mean dragging works for a while then stops working.

If you're using ACE for dragging press c if it doesn't work and it should start working again.

On 5/24/2018 at 8:40 AM, stanhope said:

If you're using ACE for dragging press c if it doesn't work and it should start working again.

Sadly having tested it several times pressing 'C' did not allow dragging to work.

I can add that suspect a respawn resets the ability to drag, so it is not random : (

Edit 1: I can still turn even if I can't move backwards so I opt to drag by swivelling 180 releasing moving to the other end of the target and repeating the process.  Not much slower than dragging and does allow you to move the target out of harms way.

I got this from asking the guys and gals on the ACE3 Slack channel.

@alganthe then press C until you can

or whatever you have assigned for combat stance toggle

Yet to test it.  I don't use the "combat stance toggle" but I will have a play around with my stance keys.

Edit:

For me I have to toggle the "Walk/Run" key (Yx2 - in my case) if dragging is not working.

Keeping my fingers crossed it will solve the problem in the script based dragging system as they give the same problem.