AndyB1580

Is it possible to disable Rules and Tanks DLCs for SP Scenarios?

Many Steam single-player scenarios such as DRO include randomization features which have started inserting Rules DLC "Village People" costumes, ambulances, tour vans and DLC tanks into missions and prompting me to purchase them.  I'm not asking how to use them for free. I just want that content gone because it often ruins the flavor of the mission.  The SP randomization outfits the AI as Village People and uses the DLC without me having a choice.

In contrast, I don't get RHS weapons unless I intentionally load an RHS Mod.  Why can't Rules and Tanks DLC be the same and leave me alone?

You can't disable DLC.

Scripts that pull dynamically from the config can be super handy, but without any filtering you may (more likely, will) see unwanted results. This one's on the mission maker, unfortunately. A blacklist would not be too difficult to implement, but they must be willing to do so.

15 hours ago, Harzach said:

You can't disable DLC.

Scripts that pull dynamically from the config can be super handy, but without any filtering you may (more likely, will) see unwanted results. This one's on the mission maker, unfortunately. A blacklist would not be too difficult to implement, but they must be willing to do so.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this seems to be an issue with MANY missions and mission makers - the entire RCO series, for example.

Your questions should be best directed to the author/s of the mission/s that your playing, they can best help and give you some options on a workaround possibly.

Thing with DLC's is if you dont own one or them, is if you use them you will get that prompt to buy, its try before you buy.

If a mission has the option to not have randomization then check that.

Overall just buy the DLC's their worth it and your supporting BIS!

27 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Overall just buy the DLC's their worth it and your supporting BIS!

Thanks Gunter. I own Marksman DLC and Apex DLC and they are great.  But I have absolutely no interest in the Village People DLC (AKA Rules) or Tanks DLC.  I only play infantry and I don't want that junk.  If the idea is try it before you buy it, it seems there should be an option to say no and opt out.

Actually, I might  buy them if they included an option to disable them and make them go away.  LOL

They are a huge annoyance in dynamic SP missions.  It seems like they should have tested and realized that the way they added those DLCs breaks so much content.

I don't see how they break content.

But I have absolutely no interest in the Village People DLC (AKA Rules) 

Yeah, i should have stop reading your stuff after that. Pathetic. BTW there isn't any DLC called "rules", only Laws of war.

2 hours ago, ProfTournesol said:

ITW there isn't any DLC called "rules", only Laws of war.

AidWorkerClothes_ca.png

That's it. Y-M-C-A....

They break content, for example, by causing an assigned task such as "Steal vehicle" to be attached to a DLC tour van instead of a military vehicle.  Then 45 minutes into the mission, if you don't buy the DLC then you cannot enter the vehicle to steal it.  Also it seems kind of silly to be trying to steal a commercial touring bus from a military installation.

Again, the DLCs aren't "breaking content." This is a matter of dynamic code pulling from configs without filters or blacklists. The failure is with the mission creators.

• Like 2

Instead of manufacturing drama, perhaps you should ask the mission creators to fix their code.

• Like 2

it's easy to make a filter (on creator side). Example:

MGI_Vehicles = ("getText (_x >> 'editorSubcategory') == 'EdSubcat_Cars' && getText (_x >> 'DLC') != 'Kart' && getNumber (_x >> 'scope') >=2" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgVehicles")) apply {configName _x};

No kart here.

• Like 1

By the way now that this thread ask a question i had, if i put vehicles from laws of war, and buildings from tanoa in another free map. will people without apex able to play it? 

1 hour ago, kagenekosama said:

By the way now that this thread ask a question i had, if i put vehicles from laws of war, and buildings from tanoa in another free map. will people without apex able to play it? 

Yep, as far as you don't ask them to jump inside these vehicles as driver. Everyone can see the vehicles but only DLC owners can use them.

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Yep, as far as you don't ask them to jump inside these vehicles as driver. Everyone can see the vehicles but only DLC owners can use them.

And even then, I think there's a workaround with moveInDriver or somesuch.