Sign in to follow this  
HekticGamer

VTOL Controls

Is there a way to change the controls of the VTOL to the way it was when apex came out this jet DLC has ruined VTOL controls you can take of vertically but can't land any more.

Thanks

You can land, its just a little more difficult.

I'm no pilot but this is how I'm landing the blackfish with a degree of accuracy;

1. Put the engines in a 90 degree angle 200 -300M from your Landing spot, 
  2. Position the aircraft to 150 - 200m altitude no later than 50M out from your landing spot (so however you get to that point by flying is up to you)
  3. Hit the airbrake and cut the speed (you're basically trying to bleed off energy at this point)
  4. Watch your airspeed, the second it hits red, pull back your controls (joystick) and give it full throttle (you should now be in a flare and still losing altitude, but more slowly)
  5. At this point, the Blackfish is behaving like an incredibly heavy helo (which it is)
  6. Watch the altitude loss as you position for the final landing, lose too much too quickly and you'll crash. Getting the Blackhawk to lower slowly means playing with the throttle in the top 10 percent of the power. Power adjustment is very sensitive at this point
  7. As soon as you touch down, kill the engines, it will want to lift off again.

I landed on the rear of the LHD Wasp using this method. I'm sure its nowhere near text book or perfect, but seems to work for me. Be interested to hear from others with their own methods/techniques.

While not totally happy with the adjustments, the new difficulty does represent the VTOL's real life counterparts, which were known as widowmakers. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah i know how to land with the new controls but that is just shitty i was asking if i can change it back to the old controls.