adidasv3

USMC 2035

Do the US marines exist in armaverse in 2035? Have they merged with the army? Are the NATO pacific task force in Apex protocol consisting of marines? What/who are the 21st combat group or bct in steel Pegasus? 

I wish Bohemia would provide some more solid backstory/lore on the factions involved in the events around 2035. Maybe release an "behind the scenes/making of arma 3" article since arma 3 is complete. 

Most of ArmA is wide open, and meant for the player to build, design, edit, customize, etc their own personal style of gameplay. So by default most of the current ArmA is basic and neutral.

You can make your own USMC groups however you wish, with as much detail as you want. If you are new to modding or want something quick, you can always download custom Units, Unforms, Patches, Gear, etc from the Steam Workshop and/or Armaholic.

you can find some decent US forces here tho. for arma 3.

With each Arma game, I think BI gives priority to the gameplay and the assets to see what is interesting for players and what is do-able for the company. After that/ in combination with that, they tie in the game/assets with the lore. Although this sometimes can lead to some weird or surprising story aspects, personally I like it because it add to the distinctive quirky Arma feel. Some parts are realistic, but you should never take it too seriously.

Examples:

- I like the main campaign, but it is a lot of Rambo-ing, mainly, I think, because combined arms warfare was too hard too integrate into the campaign

- Some of choices for military hardware are dubious, but I am one of the fans of the vanilla assets! BI always tries to insert a little twist in the options that we have. For example the mini-tank (Nyx) in the tank DLC.

So the marines are just not there, because it's basically NATO vs CSAT, whereby NATO is US and UK for recognizability and convenience. To make further distinctions in different US army (OOPS, military) branches would not yield extra benefits for most players. Like others said, fortunately we have modding to cater to people who want more authentic details in the game.

• Thanks 1

I too am a huge of the vanilla content, especially the recent sp showcases/campaigns that seems more polished than east wind. I just wish they release some more behind the scenes, lore etc before moving on to arma 4 and the future

• Like 3