Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Frce MEDIC healing action

Hi.

Is there REALLY no way AT ALL to have an option to FORCE the HEAL action from the MEDIC?

It's really frustrating to see him die because he engages targets in the open, sometimes standing up - while we are waiting in cover.

Like what they did in ArmA 1, when we wezre close to the medic, we had an option "heal" to force him to do so.

Taking too much damages and not being able to heal because of that stupid AI is just too much...

private allAI = allUnits select {!isPlayer _x};
private allMedicAI = _allAI select {_x getUnitTrait "Medic"};
{
	_x addEventHandler["Hit",
	{
		(selectRandom allMedicAI) action["Heal",(_this select 0)];
		//etc etc
	}];
} forEach _allAI;

probably not the best example but it was the first thing of the top of my head.

But, this functionality is pretty easily scripted. You can modify this to make sure they aren't healing under fire, or even to expand upon it further; to drag the unit out of combat.

Point is, I need them to be able to heal under fire otherwise they get killed and we're still injured.

Plus, that is a script.

I 'd like it to be implemented, so that in any official mission, we can use the medic.

Why spend efforts on something that probably wasn't in the budget / roadmap internally? Especially when a scripted solution by a user could be created quickly and work just as well?

This has been brought up a bunch of times in the past and I still don't understand why they took that function out. It was super useful up until.. A2? Maybe they could limit it to AI medics in your squad if MP is somehow a concern.