7erra

[SOLVED] [Addon Builder] .jpg in binarized .pbo

Hi everyone,

first of all: I'm new to the addon aspect of Arma but experienced with sqf scripting. Here is my question: Is it possible to get a .jpg into a binarized .pbo? When using the Addon Builder from A3 Tools and selecting "Binarize" (for performance apparently) the .jpg files won't get copied. Selecting "Binarize all textures" doesn't make a difference. The pictures have to stay .jpg as I need the aspect ratios and .paa only allows for square ones. Everything is fine when not selecting "Binarize".

Thanks,

Terra

EDIT

Solution below: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216831-solved-addon-builder-jpg-in-binarized-pbo/?tab=comments#comment-3299512

Edited by 7erra
solved

It seems to be possible because a3 did it too. The editorpreviews_f.pbo contains a folder with .jpg files.

Use pboproject and not addon breaker.

• Haha 1

Make sure .jpg isn't being excluded by Addon Builder. 

And no, "Use pboproject" isn't the answer to everything.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

Make sure .jpg isn't being excluded by Addon Builder. 

Thank you very much! I added *.jpg under "Options>>List of files to copy directly". I also have been in contact with mikero and have to say that his tools are not as intuitive as addon builder but that's because of how many options you have. I will keep using both. Addon Builder for simple addons and mikero's tools for more complex projects.

• Like 1