.kju

[WIP] Terrain lighting tweaking GUI

95izQuo.jpg

8IbFDp6.jpg

This is still very early alpha and work in progress

You can find the dedicated area (discord) for "terrain lighting" and the "tweaking GUI" here:

https://discord.gg/VGRK5PS

The trello board for the GUI:

https://trello.com/b/CzpAfpQU/terrain-lighting-tweaking-gui (PM your account to get access)

RMtv6cm.jpg

unknown.png

vMbEKfH.jpg

Nk4nVe7.jpg

25veQLr.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

Excellent.Thanks m8,looks like it will be very handy.I started porting a nam lighting mod i made for VTE in arma 1 only today,a few hours ago..what a trip:)

• Thanks 1

Terrain lighting tweaking GUI 2018-05-24 update available (download and more info: https://discord.gg/CgE6FVT)

Changes:

• Slider to adjust the time of day
  • Slider to adjust overcast
  • Slider to adjust fog
  • Add the remaining parameters (rayleigh, mie and bwBrightness)
  • Ability to toggle between the customized setup and the current scene's setup (CTRL+D)
  • Ability to hide (toggle) the interface (CTRL+H)
  • Ability to update lighting scene immediately (TEST_UpdateDelay = 1;//in seconds)
  • Ability to adjust background transparency (TEST_BackgroundAlpha = 0.5;//0-1 range)

1q5Opcy.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@.kju will this tool be available to download outwith Discord somewhere down the line?

yes of course (will be a mod on workshop). however for now one can use the browser to join discord too

the reason for the discord area was we came to the conclusion it needs a dedicated area with information, room for discussion and questions.

• Thanks 1

If we can manage to make lighting as it was before the visual update then yes it will be interesting. The only ones that managed that are the team behind the Spanish Mod but it seems they are not interested sharing how they did it.

@nikiforos you are wrong. IFA3 is using also Lythium terrain lighting. also anyone could always have easily checked how its done via config dump

8 hours ago, nikiforos said:

If we can manage to make lighting as it was before the visual update then yes it will be interesting. The only ones that managed that are the team behind the Spanish Mod but it seems they are not interested sharing how they did it.

just look at their config and tweak your own terrains config accordingly lol

or use kjus tool here to play around, i have spent 3-4 MONTHS working in the config tweaking numbers and with a tool like this you could do it in a day to get a desirable result

2 hours ago, .kju said:

@nikiforos you are wrong. IFA3 is using also Lythium terrain lighting. also anyone could always have easily checked how its done via config dump

Great will have a look into IFA3. Don't have so much time playing nowadays so maybe I missed some development .

@crazy mike

I'm not a modder so I usually don't check configs and tweaks .

Looks like it might be a handy tool for screenshots for sure 

I havent come to test the gui until now and i got to say its really a powerfull and easy tool to edit the world lighting... if i was a mapper spending hundreds of hours to create a map id use this to make sure that my
work would be as color accurate to the realworld location as possible (or whatever artistic color scheme i would like to acheive). Thank you .kju awesome work as usual!!!

b8rUVCT.jpg

• Like 11