SEAD missiles addon

I wrote a small config to add anti-radiation missiles to ArmA 3.

This small addon contains five anti-radiation-missiles for the ArmA III vanilla and some RHS aircraft. As well as SEAD capable variants of existing Jets DLC aircraft.
The missiles can be locked and fired onto groundbased radar sources from distances up to 10 km. They have diffrent speed, range and damage output.
They can be used by all vanilla airplanes via pylon settings but keep in mind that only the Neophron and Wipeout (asd far as vanilla goes) come with anti-radiation sensors and can target radar sources on their own. They can also be used by some helicopters.
The missiles use the already existing anti-radiation sensors, that currently are not used by any vanilla weapon. The line of sight of the missiles is not blocked by smoke but you can avoid the missile with turning off the radar and move.

Download:

The mod can be downloaded via Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1186658763

Size: ~45 KB

Content:

Weapons:

- KH-25MPU: relatively small Opfor ARM with lower speed but can be used by the Mi-48 Kajman attack helicopter.
- KH-58U: high speed ARM for Opfor jets, available also in dual racks.
- AGM-78D Standard ARM: older Blufor and Independent ARM.
- AGM-88E HARM: high speed ARM for Blufor, available also in dual racks.
- AGM-122 Sidearm: small and light Blufor ARM usable also by helicopters.

Aircraft:

- F/A-181E Black Wasp II: equipped wit 4 AGM-88E HARM (NATO)
- To-201BM Shikra: equipped wit 4 KH-58U (CSAT)
- A-149E Gryphon: equipped wit 2 AGM-78D Standard ARM (AAF)

406C105DB88A2BEA54B0BA6291A8231C5F396F57

47302DBA07A123A05B51338FFCA0660A0E3B226C

57A6262AEDC5D119BABA9CAD819D1A412C8CBD35

• Like 7

Silly idea and I have no clue if it would work IR: would it be possible to pass the targeting data from crafts with ARS down to ground missile batter and have that fire ARMs?

2 hours ago, taro8 said:

Silly idea and I have no clue if it would work IR: would it be possible to pass the targeting data from crafts with ARS down to ground missile batter and have that fire ARMs?

You mean like the Rhino is able to fire missiles on laser targets provided by datalink?

Passing the target data is no problem with enabled datalink.

It may work but it would be necessary to create a new missile that is capable of locking onto non line of sight radar targets and be fired from a ground based platform.

I would rather suggest the AARGM-ER missile that's made for fitting into weapon bays of stealth jets.

1000_470_matched__p0fya5_1fd2811a3daa087

52 minutes ago, heavygunner said:

I would rather suggest the AARGM-ER missile that's made for fitting into weapon bays of stealth jets.

1000_470_matched__p0fya5_1fd2811a3daa087

I do plan on expanding the addon a bit and include SEAD variants of the stealth jets with ARMs properly fitting into their internal bays. Also rework the whole pylon compatibility thing since there are some weird things and clippings happening right now with some combinations.

• Like 2

Well, actually I hope BIS does one themselves, we'll hopefully see something on the next roadmap.  Really is a small addition that adds a lot of depht to the game. Especially since it's easily counterable by turning off the radar and sometimes driving a meter to the side.

And if they don't, your addon does it already really well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, heavygunner said:

Well, actually I hope BIS does one themselves, we'll hopefully see something on the next roadmap.  Really is a small addition that adds a lot of depht to the game. Especially since it's easily counterable by turning off the radar and sometimes driving a meter to the side.

And if they don't, your addon does it already really well.

Ummm I really doubt that BIS will be doing anything else regarding Arma3 unfortunately.  The game has come to the end of its development.  There is NO roadmap, you are standing at the end of the road!

• Like 1

Except they already announced the next roadmap for next month in the sitrep.

On 20-5-2018 at 7:41 PM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

You mean like the Rhino is able to fire missiles on laser targets provided by datalink?

Passing the target data is no problem with enabled datalink.

It may work but it would be necessary to create a new missile that is capable of locking onto non line of sight radar targets and be fired from a ground based platform.

I have been experimenting with this. Maybe the RevealTarget command could help?

never really tried it myself. 

https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-roadmap-2018

Anti-Radiation Missiles & Small Diameter Guided Bomb

Both NATO and CSAT receive new anti-radiation missiles, which are designed to auto-lock on ground targets that have their active radar sensor switched on. NATO fighter jets can also be equipped with new, relatively small, air-to-surface precision-guided bombs.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:22 PM, kremator said:

Ummm I really doubt that BIS will be doing anything else regarding Arma3 unfortunately.  The game has come to the end of its development.  There is NO roadmap, you are standing at the end of the road!

On 5/24/2018 at 7:23 PM, Crielaard said:

I have been experimenting with this. Maybe the RevealTarget command could help?

never really tried it myself. 

The problem is AI will not fire over terrain even if fully aware of the target and able to engage. A player must force the ai to fire its weapons or script it. However if they have no terrain blocking it they will usually fire out to what ever the weapons max range is