Sign in to follow this  
wika_woo

Help: Why won't AI shoot any rocket launcher in arma 3?

I've tried searching and using commands.  But the ai will not fire any rocket launcher.  I also read arma 3 don't use rpgs . That's crazy.  Oh how I miss arma 2. But I love arma 3.

what are you having them fights against? they fire at tanks just fine for me.

Are you using any AI altering mods?

Sorry I forgot to mention that.  I'm having them fire at flying mh60 black hawks.  Using 2000s forces add on.  

I'm pretty sure they will fire the AA rocketlauncher at Black/ghost hawks. ;-)

• Like 1

@wika_woo If you placed down soldiers that are using AT ammo for their launchers, the only use them on ground vehicles, while they use AA missiles only for Air vehicles

1 hour ago, General Kong said:

@wika_woo If you placed down soldiers that are using AT ammo for their launchers, the only use them on ground vehicles, while they use AA missiles only for Air vehicles

I'll try that.  It's strange coz.  In arma 2 a normal RPG ground unit would work against a helo flying in the air.  

Yeah it seems they locked up that ability for some reason -maybe people complaining about wasting ammo? I really miss the days of OFP in which you could absolutely tell an RPGman to arm that weapon and shoot at absolutely anything you aim at. Its really a shame to have a military game in which the biggest joy should be to blow as much sh*t up as a possible feels controlled and minimized. Was happy they tried to implement suppression but even that is really a trickling affair as if the AI just cant be bothered with really unloading. Watch real war footage and you'll see suppression in all its glory. I hope that changes for future iterations -let us war!

Edit: Was able to get an AI subordinate to fire at a helo using doSuppressiveFire command BUT had to take away his rifle first...Also the normal Suppression Command seems to have no effect either. Why we cant just command Arm RPG/ Target Helo/Fire Helo I ahve no idea

• Like 1

@froggyluv My thoughts exactly on the previous arma games including OFP. I'd sure like to see some of those videos on suppression for sure, if you could show me videos that would be great...

I've tried commands like rpg1; selectweapon [weapon name]; dofire target1;

but nothing happens. the AI just seems to fire its AK-47 at the helo flying then gets shot from the helo.

5 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Was happy they tried to implement suppression but even that is really a trickling affair as if the AI just cant be bothered with really unloading. Watch real war footage and you'll see suppression in all its glory. I hope that changes for future iterations -let us war!

I agree. So I went and made this: Support By Fire

I've never tried using it as a group commander on subordinates, as I aimed it at AI groups being able to provide fire support. But I doubt it would take much for someone to run it on their subordinate AI from an addAction (using cursorObject or even some variation of lineIntersects).

Ok I stand corrected - Suppressive Fire via the ALT button does work for attacking helos BUT the infantryman cannot have a primary weapon like an AK as you stated. Just place a couple Lite AT men under your command, go in the editor and take away their rifle and give them a few extra rounds in their pack. Next have a non-lethal Helo like the Taru Fuel fly nearby, lock on him via the Suppressive cursor and they'll fire.

Edit:Nice beno_83au Ive been meaning to try that