Sign in to follow this  
feldmaus

ACE Medical, how much CPR's

Hello,

if the patient is in the revive state, how much CPR's may/can i do? Should i execute CPR until the patient gets a pulse rate over 40? Or as long as the patient is not responisve?

In normal life, the CPR can be done until the patient gets a normal breathing, i think this should be around pulse rate of 40?

Which states does exist? (Explanation/Declaration)

Regards

For me it looks that this code is not actually. We are using ACE 3.12.x.x and the last modify date of your linked code is 1-2 years old.

The reason for why it hasn't been changed in quite a while is that ACE3 Medical is being rewritten from the ground up.

The code linked is the one in the master branch of ace3 and what is being used when downloading ACE3. CPR in ACE3 Medical has been pretty much useless for a good while and this is why addon-addons like this exists:

I wholeheartedly recommend using this mod, not only does it make CPR work, it actually removes the need for the magic wand called PAK completely. The mod works very well.

• Thanks 1

Its not my server, i am talking about! I am  just a guest.

push,

is there a way to get a sneak into the current Code? The master branch seems not to be televant for ACE 3.12.x.x.

Please, don't push. It's against the forum guidelines.

You got your question answered already anyways:

The current implementation of ACE CPR (which is the function posted by computer - that's the code used in ace 3.12.2) only allows addition to the revive timer of -15 to +5 seconds if the patient is in reviveState. Thus you can't ever get a patient out of the reviveState without PAK. You have to do CPR as long as the patient is in reviveState (and still he can die during the process).

Only if the patient is in cardiac arrest and not in the revive state (for example because of medication) you can stabilize a patient with regular CPR.

Or, in other words: ACE CPR hasn't really got a usable function in its current state, at least the way most people set up their ace_medical settings. Hence the reason for creating and using mods like mine. You could ask the server owners to implement ADV - ACE CPR additionally to ACE.

@Belbo, but on my community server, i often got people alive again witout PAK. Maybe i have to increase the blood presure and the then when the patient's pressure is high enough give him an epinephrine(to wake up) and then a CPR again?!

6 minutes ago, feldmaus said:

@Belbo, but on my community server, i often got people alive again witout PAK. Maybe i have to increase the blood presure and the then when the patient's pressure is high enough give him an epinephrine(to wake up) and then a CPR again?!

There is no way to get someone out of the reviveState with CPR right now. You might have treated people that weren't in reviveState. If a patient is in reviveState you can do whatever you want, increase, decrease the blood volume, set their heart rate to 5000, but it won't do any difference.

How to differ between "revive state" and "cardiac arrest"?

There's no sure way aside from getVariable:

_target getVariable "ace_medical_inCardiacArrest";
_target getVariable "ace_medical_inReviveState";

Usually inReviveState correlates with a missing pulse - but not always.

Ok thats complicated. Are there only this 2 states(revive and cardiac arrest)? Or are there different revive states and cardiac arrest?

These are the only two things that relate to CPR in it's current state.

inReviveState can be triggered by various reasons (damage, bloodVolume < 30, heartRate < 30, just from the top of my head), but there's no point in doing CPR unless patient is in reviveState or cardiacArrest.

Which is the same thing as the user "computer" linked you in his reply at the top of the thread.. He linked to the actual code, you linked to the compiled/compressed/packaged as a mod-code.

On 20.5.2018 at 6:10 PM, Bamse said:

Which is the same thing as the user "computer" linked you in his reply at the top of the thread.. He linked to the actual code, you linked to the compiled/compressed/packaged as a mod-code.

So this means, that some of the code didnt change in the last years? I cant see any changes at the file ACE_Medical_Treatments.hpp.

Most of the code hasn't changed. Ever since the medical rewrite was started, the medical system has seen very little attention.