thebuckfastwine

Bohemia Interactive Mníšek Studio

New section. This was a particularly hard area to make working from one picture and a map but lots of fun none the less, the balconies are super sniper spots and are easily accessible by climbing the structure support beams you will have minimal damage when dropping of them. The roof is next....
Thanks goes out to the team at Bohemia and @IvanBuchta and @Kllrt  for their help.
https://twitter.com/bohemiainteract
https://twitter.com/Arma3official
https://twitter.com/thebuckfastwine

EC70FB81BE875A4CDB33CD38A9EF624B0852138D

4E1F856C7BF4FB109985DDD81C38D1D29D64199B

2BC616A84C70A89F1A6CAD6F4D6417593D210EB4

328443254E4D7CD1B417B345249CFF9A9EADEDFA

EFA298C461E8643FFC923F2D271510FFE25BA648

EC127276B3CA2D62327098E6CC56AEE5D0D108BE

BAB638D622578759D428A19E94637A8E3F32124B

64665EF77ECCC48880AC617CF4634C0682DCB2A6

F3FA4BD6CF5953909F499A5921A46B7077FC8D08

61800B36145EA283A377A44C0775A859D36B7F88

Edita @bohemiatank sits in the sun

D39B84AF4AC47B94E7CD83F532E9040D99ED476F

ARMA 3 The making of Bohemia Interactive Studios & surrounding area starring Edita

LoL EDcase is that why you blown me up the other night 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

All I can say is you have unparalleled patience!  

• Thanks 1

Bucky I'm loving with you've done. That looks great. The BI guys have a well smart office.

Is it gonna be enterable eventually or just access to the balconies?

An ra patter fae aw tha troops fae the west coast is jist wit a choocter tattie hawker like me needed, to pit a royal mile oan my dish. :D

Didnae ken ther wiz so many o us aboot the place :)

Keep up yon gid work, ser.

• Thanks 1

Are there lots of random bird nests and graves scattered around? Or ancient treasure?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, section 20 said:

An ra patter fae aw tha troops fae the west coast is jist wit a choocter tattie hawker like me needed, to pit a royal mile oan my dish. :D

Didnae ken ther wiz so many o us aboot the place :)

Keep up yon gid work, ser.

I struggled to understand that... Honestly I don’t think that’s English xD

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Flinty said:

I struggled to understand that... Honestly I don’t think that’s English xD

Heheh Scots English :D

Basically I said. All the talk from the guys from the west coast is just what a country bumpkin potato picker like me needed to put a smile on my face. I didn't know there was so many of us here. keep up the good work sir :D

I thought you'd of got a bit more of it Flinty, being from NI, I'm just across the water from you in Ayrshire.

• Haha 1

A little bit, but hell I'm pretty uncultured in scottish terms, only been over there a few times :P

• Haha 2

Superb statement indeed section 20 I understood every word you said I don't think many would understand it i'm just up the road from you in Glasgow But we must be CAREFUL as this is English only speaking forums lol if you are interested I have some nice pictures of Glasgow recreated for ARMA 3 on my twitter page.https://twitter.com/thebuckfastwine 

Glasgow, Scotland Arma 3  was thinking last can of real irn bru type scenario for glasgow lol

6EA45A004B08E374414A0E22EDB36CC706EF44A0

A5394FAD5334A4277BDCD7AF8C4E18A032213A15

as for the interior if I can find/work a roof that fits in the studios thats on my mods used list then yes there will be interiors too. I'll post a few pics of the interior on a version that has no roof yet next week sometime.

ppitm I'm not sure I haven't found any yet, although some say on a cold night you can hear a faint scream from lost codemaster developers over the pond.

Flinty this is for you my friend http://scotranslate.com/

EDcase the title says it all mate,  ARMA 3 Uh Oh who put explosives down..... door closes priceless fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hahahaha appreciate it pal! Seriously though, the work you've done in Arma is amazing - This stuff blows my mind considering you're not individually modelling the buildings...

• Thanks 1

Aww big yin, I'm lovin the Glesga map :thumb: Totally could do world war z down Sauchiehall St :D And I see you've built up the Cumbrae map a bit too, looks cracking.

It's been 30 years since I was on the island (Goat ma Nat King, the last time I was there hahah) but it is a magic wee island.

I'd love to see that Arran map from Ice aswell, I could see a nice campaign trying to get from Glasgow down to Arran with a stop over in Millport. :f:

Have you tried Poolpunks PLP materials mod? Might suit your needs for roofing stuff and it's not that big a mod at 30MB.

Keep up the fantastic work mate. The building looks amazing.

Fired you a follow on Twitter and a sub on YT too.

• Thanks 1

@Flinty Thanks, sometimes you have to manipulate an object to get it the way you want but still have the object looking right and working as it should be, don't be scared to turn objects on there side or upside down you will find you can make anything you want from using different objects at the same time but it does take time and effort and many mistakes but is well worth the troubles, before you know it you could have your very own section or Northern Ireland. Eden is a great tool to have it can seem very complicated for new players and even for me at times but is well worth the learning curve if anyone has not tried Eden it yet give it a try start small and experiment there are many great tutorials from community members to help you along the way and if you are really really stuck I'm only a pm away.

@section 20 I have a George square in Glasgow/surrounding area  made up for just that type of scenario. I must admit it's very strange being chased down the street in Glasgow by zombies when it's not a saturday night.

Ice done a wonderful job with little cumbrae I'll be going there for a drink and a cycle around the island in the summer if my old legs can make it lol, and some recce for making stuff on it.

19 hours ago, section 20 said:

(Goat ma Nat King, the last time I was there hahah)

I think we know the same sheep lol

its been 20 odd years since I was there I think and that trip ended in a lock-in in a pub then a barn party then onto a boat was a crazy night. I don't think Ice was ever happy with rof Kintyre arran but for me I loved it so much I spent so much time nipping around the islands and recreating landmarks and real life areas sadly I never saved the file but I'm sure ice may come back to it one day.

I've been using PLP materials mod (super mod thanks Poolpunk) for the main building and have a large roof section using the materials I think that's the way I will go as it will allow for interiors.

Thanks for the follows I'm still not used to Twitter and have deleted my own post by mistake lol

• Like 2

Haha mate, thanks for the tip, but for the likes of this, I've heard terrain builder is a great option, although last time I used it, it wasn't overly friendly to imports to eden. Plus who wants to make a Northern Ireland map, it's horrible over here bar a few choice spots

• Like 1

Glasgow was built on chernarus it took a bit of time to find the right bit of terrain running the right way. the terrain on Chernarus is perfect for stuff like that to build on, lol last time I was in belfast the bloody burger king had no burgers.

23 hours ago, thebuckfastwine said:

I think we know the same sheep lol

GUDF1J6.jpg

Flossy?

Yes!

But didn't we...

Yes, Lord Melchett! Baaaaaa!

I've been trying to wrap my head around terrain building for donkeys, but getting terrain builder to work is my achilles heal (why it doesn't work straight out of the box, is a mystery to me. BI why so complicated??? P drives and bulldozer/terrain builder errors. Stupid people like me need it simpler!!!) :) I'll may try and make more effort in that area and annoy the lovely people in the terrain building subforum to help me out with the whole Tools stuff and see if I/(we?) can't knock up a simple terrain and get it working in game. 

As I would love to see Glasgow and the Bohemia studio area be actual terrains. I'm not to bad using Eden, but things soon get laggy when I put lots of objects down.

Got a few uniform reskins I'd like to put (back) into the game, but one of the updates has screwed something up and I'm getting errors in my configs. (Another area where I fail miserably.)

22 hours ago, Flinty said:

Haha mate, thanks for the tip, but for the likes of this, I've heard terrain builder is a great option, although last time I used it, it wasn't overly friendly to imports to eden. Plus who wants to make a Northern Ireland map, it's horrible over here bar a few choice spots

Flinty, Bushlurkers Carraigdubh is a beauty of a map and one of my favourite locations. Using 3CB's PSNI landrovers and doing a few "Troubles" missions.

• Like 2

Well I mean anything Bushlurker made was an absolute master piece, they always will be. As for your retextures and stuff, shoot me a PM I’ll hslp you out on that accord, maybe even see about helping you set up your tools

• Like 1

@section 20 permission for lip to wobble sir!

I think I'm 0% compatible with terrain builder I think we come from the same gene pool of stupid lol, I too would love to see Glasgow as a standalone map featuring the river in Glasgow but hell am just a creator of real environments or what ever my skill could be called. when I'm done with the studios I'll be putting all effort into getting Glasgow out for the troops to create mayhem so whatever help I could get would be great thanks.

@Flinty you are right Bushlurker set the marker for all to follow as @section 20 said Carraigdubh is a wonderful map full of cracking spots and a few really nice little villages great for snatch ops and similar stuff.

@section 20im having issues viewing your latest screenshot upload in Arma 3 pictures it may be on my end.

Hae a guid nite troops.

• Like 2

@thebuckfastwine

Arran is going at a slow pace but I will finish the damn thing one day! Its been a thorn in my side for too long lol. Same with Campbeltown, I switch between them both as I get fed up. Campbeltown is its own map now, which takes in the whole of the Mull of Kintyre

Good job with your object placement, looking really good!

@section 20 If you wanting to get into terrain making, you should follow pmc wiki first

https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain

And this bit is a must https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:tools:setup-p-drive

Also the Arma Discord is the place to ask questions now, its a lot more active then the forums

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@RoF

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, RoF said:

Arran is going at a slow pace but I will finish the damn thing one day! Its been a thorn in my side for too long lol

I know what ya mean if you are not happy with something to start with it will always catch your eye like ahhhh why did I not fix that or change that or notice that lol, I'm a big advocate of your work so don't worry about the time scale sometimes its hard to find the motivation and time to work on all our projects no matter how small or big they are from all the Arma 3 community contributors. The island updates sound great.

• Like 1

I've been working on the new studio building and surrounding area this area will be particularly great for PvP and AI action or even just to chill and walk around (I think I found the Bohemia smokers corner lol)

The studios when done will come in 2/3(PvP?) versions one for us fight in or whatever you want to do and the other will be an interactive mission similar the IDAP open day showcase. The Bohemia showcase will be set around the studio area telling the story of Bohemia Interactive games and the developers behind the games past and present over the years, there will also be an interactive community mods area showing some of the excellent community contributors mods/videos/missions/guides and many more and of course Edita @BohemiaTank will have her very own interactive area telling her story over the years.

Thanks goes out to the team at Bohemia and @IvanBuchta and @Kllrt for their help.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuckfastwine

F3F7D774D97EC713B5276020E7D4DBA24F6EF1AC

B52E0962604E2071D441190C96CAB4C13254C32A

21E4F7237CF989752681C774D130052FBDEBBCEB

B4F7249A7E658DD76AF27B9AE0B8C5A95108595F

8508BEE7482AE3B45330B0722618DCE3516269CC

Bohemia Interactive Studios and surrounding area, Edita @BohemiaTank gathers the young Ama 3 tank prodigies round her for the first month's SITREP

E927C7E361027387AC6D05EF0821AF9CE872E6E8

199FD6D608304D43D0B600D6740EFACB49AFAF76

089DB09FA49615B4F5B93F25695919BC55DA3B1C

DFC1CC01D859A7E73E8DBD9DEB54AA7E65D39B4C

774A6AC64B589D7E591CAEB0A5B5102F0275E0A0

• Like 5

Some aerial pictures over little Bohemia showing how it blends into the existing scenery. As you can see the opportunity for some great action or just to visit the studios and see where great games are born are in abundance. The studios itself is a very a well built compound perfect for some CQB action. That choice will be yours.

Thanks goes out to the team at Bohemia and @IvanBuchta and @Kllrt for their help.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBuckfastwine

D94DDC72B90BFD1174C547B482B68A38EBEA63E1

476B281EC47A788C245BC73E716811CD2E141AD4

E5B7CA6DAF2283FFFEA1E5F24ABFE9C522EC1635

75CEA959206605648B07C61F5FFC5C18346FCAFB

45FDE390092F630A76748872EBE2FD62E184716D

• Like 7

I've been working on the interior of the building for Arma 3, the interior depends on whether I can find/fit or use existing mods on list for the roof. (CQB action within the studio area is great that is if you can make it to the studios)

0BB550BEE7589633C72D3548CEBC1375170A2E2A

1BF098510D0AED7819DEBD9E3197BCC3C2618E84

A1B821FE80711E1884A739F7CA666AABC363FFF8

329F69D74C681E3DE60936BC41534E64FEDC5A64

A08BF0DAA887BCEC335E4F82369E4AB9A668641F

Short Video of the area within the studios I'm currently working on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Surely some games company, somewhere has hired you for this kinda thing! The attention to detail is simply on another level mate, truly something else!

• Like 2

@Flinty Thanks, I always try to create real life like atmospheres as real as I can but I'm not employed by any games companies although it is something that interests me the whole creating of worlds, sadly I'm just a married with kid guy in his 40's lol

Arma 3 when Encore came to visit Bohemia Interactive Studios. I think we are going to need a bigger Bohemia pond

BA80EC3A248572CB2519B47EC67627B09F406598

B74F0ABA2D95F3C184CF7721A59DEC7EFFF3AECC

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1