laxemann

[In-Game animations mod] Tactical Position Ready by Patch & LAxemann

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Tactical Position Ready

by Patch & LAxemann

What is it?

Tactical Position Ready allows players to quickly raise and lower their primary weapon in order to avoid friendly fire (or simply to look tacticool).

Furthermore, the mod contains an optional "auto obstacle avoidance" feature which raises/lowers the player's weapon when getting too close to an obstacle.

It does so in a non-disturbing way and comes with a corner detection for maximum playability. The feature takes the weapon's length into account, meaning shorter weapons are a lot more suitable for CQB.

The mod requires CBA, can be configured via the CBA Addon and keybinding options and is MP-comaptible.

The mod is technically client-side but other players have to run the mod in order to see the animations.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

How to use?

The default keys are:

• High Ready: T
  • Low Ready: Shift + T

Media

>> Download via Steam Workshop <<

>> Download via Armaholic <<

Special thanks

Gunshot

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, laxemann said:

Furthermore, the mod contains an optional "auto obstacle avoidance" feature which raises/lowers the player's weapon when getting too close for an obstacle.

Something that should have been added into the base game long ago. ^^ 

Thanks for including this, it looks great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

seamless,astheticly pleasing and useful...really adds alot.

I would like to be able for this raise weapon to happen automatically if im standing behind an AI about to breach and clear,is that possible? Much like the way it auto assigns the weapon up when walking against an object

Grabbed this yesterday on the Workshop and I'm liking it a lot! Was really nice not aiming my weapons at my AI units while giving them commands for once.

Awesome, I wish this was part of vanilla. Finally, there is a point in having a short weapon for CQB/House clearing instead of going with a Negev everywhere.

I love it!

• Thanks 1

Very good laxemann !

This really should be in the game a long time ago !

Thank you very much !

I believe I've discovered a bug. When attempting to raise or lower the weapon while in a corner covering stance (shift+left or shift+right), the weapon becomes unusable. It doesn't respond to fire commands, and you cannot reload it. You can still look down sights, but it won't fire. Can be worked around by dropping the weapon on the ground, and then picking the weapon back up.

19 hours ago, Maj Ray said:

I believe I've discovered a bug. When attempting to raise or lower the weapon while in a corner covering stance (shift+left or shift+right), the weapon becomes unusable. It doesn't respond to fire commands, and you cannot reload it. You can still look down sights, but it won't fire. Can be worked around by dropping the weapon on the ground, and then picking the weapon back up.

Hey dude,

I couldn't reproduce it - did you make sure it happens if you only load cba and the mod?

5 hours ago, laxemann said:

Hey dude,

I couldn't reproduce it - did you make sure it happens if you only load cba and the mod?

I'm having some trouble replicating it as well... but it definitely happened. But if it can't be reproduced consistently, then it's just ArmA being Arma, I guess.

Thank you for taking a look, and thank you for all your immersion mods.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 2:09 PM, laxemann said:

Hey dude,

Alright... I've encountered the issue again. I haven't quite nailed down how to replicate it, but the following conditions seem to contribute:

1. Have the auto-activate enabled, and be up against a wall.

2. Use the lean stance (Shift+A or Shift+D) to poke around a corner. Your weapon should raise to the ready position automatically, as you are more than 0.2m away from the wall.

3. Change stance. In this example, crouch. Shift back behind the wall while crouched. 

4. Stand up. Shift out again.

Somewhere in this chain of corner-holding, your weapon becomes partially unusable. You can fire using what's left in your loaded magazine, but cannot reload or interact with the gun. Dropping the gun and picking it up does not seem to fix the issue.

I really wish I could nail down exactly what's happening here and how to reliably replicate it. I'll keep trying.

Edit: I see there was an update on May 15. I may be running the version from May 14. Testing.

Edit 2: Can't replicate the issue. It was probably resolved in the May 15 update. I'm calling it good. Sorry for the false alarm!

there should be also condition that stops these gesture when prone

would it be possible to have a third option for the up and down animations and have it go up when the gun is pointing more upwards from straight forward and the same for downwards? so it's context sensitive. don't know how else to describe it.

great feature though. thx a lot!

• Like 1

I've got 2 major issues

While having wall avoidance enabled and gesture is played, if you go prone stance don't reset automatically , this same happens with vehicles, you need to press T key to back to normal position

The only issue I have with this mod is it also does its thing with bush. can that be disabled? or atleast make it an option?

Hey guys,

there was a small update that should fix an issue where the animation kept playing when entering vehicles.

On my ToDo-List:

- The Prone issue

- The Leaning issue (?? :D)

- Context-sensitive selection of weapon raising/lowering as an option (Idea of Bad Benson - if you innitially  aim down, your weapon will be lowered, if you aim up, your weapon will be raised)

- No animation inside/in front of bushes

Anything I forgot?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

yea, vehicles!!! REEEE if you have that anim enabled by colission it still apear in vehicles

and BTW. Great mod i really like it

IDK if u guys are aware of this but when you climb stairs it starts the animation making it look really weird.

7 hours ago, laxemann said:

I think your May 15 build solved this. I haven't been able to reproduce since switching to that version.

As for other suggestions, honestly it might be nice to get a combined/updated/integrated version of some of your other mods, such as the weapon attachment animations. It gets a little messy keeping track of this many individual mods!

18 hours ago, laxemann said:

Hey guys,

there was a small update that should fix an issue where the animation kept playing when entering vehicles.

On my ToDo-List:

- The Prone issue

- Context-sensitive selection of weapon raising/lowering as an option (Idea of Bad Benson - if you innitially  aim down, your weapon will be lowered, if you aim up, your weapon will be raised)

- No animation inside/in front of bushes

Anything I forgot?

Has anyone else seen this affecting the AI? I've seen them get stuck with their weapons high. 

@laxemann

I think I may have replicated the issue I've been experiencing. Put the rifle in the raised position (default T) and hit reload. The reload animation does not play, but you're stuck with the rifle in the raised position. If you drop and pick your rifle back up, you cannot reload the weapon. May also trigger when the weapon is lowered (Shift+T).

Patch will push an update in a bit. Here's the changelog already:

Added: Context-sensitive option for automatic wall avoidance (now default). Looking up will result in high ready, looking down will result in low ready. (Idea by Bad Benson)
Tweaked: Weapon-deployment will no longer be interrupted
Tweaked: Automatic wall-avoidance will no longer trigger for bushes
Fixed: Animations properly reset when going prone on a wall

Enjoy :)

Oh and @Maj Ray , I really can't replicate the issue... got any other mods running that fiddle around with animations and/or keybindings?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, laxemann said:

Patch will push an update in a bit. Here's the changelog already:

Enjoy :)

Oh and @Maj Ray , I really can't replicate the issue... got any other mods running that fiddle around with animations and/or keybindings?

Enhanced Movement, ACRE2, ACE3… I don't think there's much else.