avibird 1

Is there an Easier way to set a task succeeded when three hostages are rescued then I have.

I have a mission that one of the tasks is to rescue three hostages. I have it setup when a playable unit enters the room the hostage joins the unit and then the unit can order them into a vehicle and tells the vechicle to move to a location on the map and in a trigger area  the  three hostages get delete it so the task is completed by !alive hostage1 && !alive hostage2 && !alive hostage3 

Is there a easier more efficient way of doing this. Avibird

{!alive _x} forEach [hostage1, hostage2, hostage3];
{alive _x} count [hostage1, hostage2, hostage3] < 1

• Like 2

Are they immortal or can you just shoot them yourself to complete the task? Asking out of curiosity.

@theend3r all my playable units only can be incapacitated and will never die the mission will end when all playable switchable units are down. The hostages also have the script so they will go down but not bleedout. Right now I have a car that spawns in and you order them to get in and the car will drive away and get deleted from the map that is how I have the task setup to complete. I was looking for a easier way to have the task completed when the hostages are in my group ?

Could you just complete the task in the same place/script/trigger that the unit's are deleted?

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@theend3r all my playable units only can be incapacitated and will never die the mission will end when all playable switchable units are down. The hostages also have the script so they will go down but not bleedout. Right now I have a car that spawns in and you order them to get in and the car will drive away and get deleted from the map that is how I have the task setup to complete. I was looking for a easier way to have the task completed when the hostages are in my group ?

if your having them go into a vehicle and driving away then use the in command as the trigger condition like this

hostage1 in car && hostage2 in car && hostage3 in car 

or if you just wanted the trigger to activate when they join the players group(yours) then use this as the triggers condition

hostage1 in units group player && hostage2 in units group player && hostage3 in units group player

heres how you would make them join the group as well btw

_units = [hostage1, hostage2, hostage3];
_units join (group player);

• Thanks 1

Again, just to make sure, does the car have damage disabled as well or is there a trigger for game over if it gets blown up or the driver dies?

What I usually do is to make it Captive until player(s) gets close and then give player(s) (i.e. spawn another one somewhere and drive it / give another heli call in the case of helis) another chance. If the second one gets blow up as well then then either tell the player(s) to get out themselves or fail the mission.

Making stuff immortal (the Bethesda way) is extremely boring. Forgetting to account for the possibility is even worse as you can find out, after an hour long mission, that you won but won't get to see the ending screen.

The hostage section of the mission is not the main objective of the mission it's a secondary objective. The car will get destroyed but the three hostages will only go incapacitated (I could make them die it's not the main objective of the mission) the players who free them can order them into a car and tell the driver to move to the section of the map that the three units will then get delete it resulting in task completed. 

If the hostages go incapacitated on their way to the location it's up to the players if they want to find them to revive them.  I play with a modified revive script that the players will never die only go incapacitated the mission will end when all playable units are incapacitated however very limited medical packs in the mission and you can't pick them up from dead soldiers only at certain locations scattered throughout the mission. 

I am still trying to figure out the best setup for this side objective within the mission. The mission is called The Great Escape the main objective is to escape from a prison camp task 1 and locate and find resistance Safe House task 6. 

Task 2 kill the prison camp officer

Task 3 blow up communication Tower

Task 4 free hostages collaborators that happened with your Escape from the camp

Task 5 ambush a bus at a town  Bus Terminal with hostile civilians and off-duty soldiers that are in the bus and occupying the town. Then have the bus driver take you to the resistant Safe House task 6.

If hostage section is not completed it doesn't affect the mission completion.

Still thinking about the overall flow and the Logistics of the mission.

14 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

I am still trying to figure out the best setup for this side objective within the mission. The mission is called The Great Escape the main objective is to escape from a prison camp task 1 and locate and find resistance Safe House task 6. 

Task 2 kill the prison camp officer

Task 3 blow up communication Tower

Task 4 free hostages collaborators that happened with your Escape from the camp

Task 5 ambush a bus at a town  Bus Terminal with hostile civilians and off-duty soldiers that are in the bus and occupying the town. Then have the bus driver take you to the resistant Safe House task 6.

Still thinking about the overall flow and the Logistics of the mission.

have you thought about having a series of waitUntil commands and run them in order? such as

waitUntil{sleep 1; !alive campOfficer};

execVM "task3.sqf";

and then doing the same thing in task3.sqf but to wait until the damage of the tower is set to 1 and then execute the next waitUntil for task 4 and so on and so on to keep the mission moving and the scripts simple.

No but would be open to it. I am using just game triggers to set up tasks and completions it's very simple to just put the code into a trigger. Well it's my comfort zone lol