Hi - i'm having a problem with triggers which I am sure is something really simple I am missing.  I have done missions and  basic scripts before from ARMA2, and after having ARMA3 for awhile, decided to try out scripting here.

I have other triggers up and running ok, but now I am trying to get one trigger to be dependent on another and I think I am not understanding something with triggers in this respect..

My  problem:

I'm doing this just using the Trigger UI in the editor - not using scripts here.

Basically I want a trigger (trigger2) set that only kicks in when the player is standing at the Trigger 2 area, after activating a prior trigger 1.

Testing:

Set trigger 1 to activate when BluFor enters the area - done

Set trigger 2 to activate when BluFor enters the area && trigger 1 was activated.  This triggers AS SOON as trigger 1 activates - it doesn't matter where BlueFor actually is ,which is the problem as I want it to only activate when the player is actually at trigger 2 after activating trigger 1.

Any help with this is appreciated.

You name the trigger then use the triggerActivated command in 2nd trigger

cond

this && triggerActivated tirgger1

• Like 1

"this && "   ... that's what I missed. I only had triggerActivated trigger1 in the condition.

Thanks - it works fine now.

But if anyone can explain - I'm still not understanding why the second trigger would activate even when no BlueFor was present in its activation area?

35 minutes ago, megaheat said:

"this && "   ... that's what I missed. I only had triggerActivated trigger1 in the condition.

Thanks - it works fine now.

But if anyone can explain - I'm still not understanding why the second trigger would activate even when no BlueFor was present in its activation area?

I'm not expert here, but should be like this:

if you use the "triggerActivated trigger1" in the condition for second trigger to activate it would activate as soon as the trigger1 has fired. Adding "this &&" in the condition field will add whatever you set the trigger to fire...ie:BLUFOR present for example.

SO..in that case the trigger will fire IF trigger1 has been activated already, AND blufor is present.

Hope I was clear.

• Like 1