Sign in to follow this  
Spudnut

Custom Sound near silent inside helicopters

Hello Everyone!

So I'm making a custom campaign for me and some of my friends to play coop. So far I have been using audacity to create sounds files and declaring them with the description.ext using "class cfgsounds".

So first I record my audio, then distort the voice and add static to simulate a radio effect, then I simply create a trigger that will play the sounds using the in game UI under EFFECT --> ANONYMOUS ---> MOB1(my custom radio sounding ogg file).

So far it has worked great! Everyone can hear the sounds, it sounds like comms over a radio, its plenty loud and clear, and everything is great! On the 3rd mission I have all players inside a flying helicopter and attempt to use the same technique as the previous missions but for some reason the audio is so quiet that I couldn't even tell it was playing unless I listened very closely.

I've tried using audacity to amplify the sound to insane values, use the "cfgsounds" to increases the volume, but no matter what I try the sound is still near silent and muffled. I tried to search around google, armaholic, and here to no avail. Does anyone know why the sound is so quiet in helicopters? Or even better, how to make the volume and clarity normal?

Thanks for the help guys!

hello there

This is a well know problem when inside vehicles and there are only a few workarounds if any.

are these sounds declared under the sound class or the radio class in your description? If they are declared under the radio class you could try use  " unitname Vehicleradio "soundfile name";  Maybe that would make the files more present. the other is extreme volume I would need to take a look to be of real help.

Hi nettrucker

I converted my Cfgsounds into Cfgradio and now the sounds works perfectly while in the helicopter! Thanks for the help!