Sign in to follow this  
Tyn7

BattlEye blocks Steam, Game won't even start with BE enabled

Hi all,

So i decided to try and get at least a peak into ArmA3's online community. After 900+ hours of offline SP game time. Enabled BE and launched the game... or so i thought - error crash due to BE blocking steam files it seems.

Reinstalled a dozen times. (both the game and BE) -of course always everything 'as admin'

Read countless posts about BR related errors. No fix helped. (most fixes are ingame related or server kicks etc. I found no one who got their steam.exe blocked)

Tried different runtime environment solutions. BattlEye suggest missing RE files as a possible cause. No good.

Read similar topics in other game forums (e.g.: PUBG seems to have similar issues)

Tried clean install - no Addons (had previously still BIS' ADR-97 Weapon Pack loaded)

Tried w/o all DLC's

disabled AVP

let everything pass through firewall

The game runs perfectly fine w/o BattlEye btw

Does anyone remember the good old days when you would just hook up two PC's and play OFP with a friend? No 3rd, 4th or 5th party platform running and ruining in the background?

Anyway the issue persists. BE blocks steam itself which seams to crash the game. It's all over in just 6 seconds :)

Loading the Game from launcher with BE enabled - here is what it says:

20:06:13 Starting BattleEye Service...

20:06:16 Launching the Game...

20:06:17 BattlEye: Note that file blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.

20:06:17 Blocked loading of file '[..]\Steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll'

20:06:18 Blocked loading of file '[..]\Steam\steamclient64.dll'

20:06.19 Blocked loading of file '[..]\Steam\Steam.exe'

ArmA3 has exited in an unusual manner

Exit code: 0x00000035

At least it's very safe ...from an anti-cheat point if view.

If anyone has additional suggestions I'd welcome any input.

so long