Sign in to follow this  
nidhoegger

Please update the linux server binary

Hi,

I hope someone from the BI Team will read this. I have a littel concern:

We are still an active community playing the originale Operation Flashpoint, the whole community supported BI by Buying CWA. But please please please update (or better: open source) the linux server binary. This would be awesome. The 1.96 keeps crashing with too big missions at some point (when too many tanks are on the map) and the 1.99 is emulated using XVFB and wine on my server.

We really would appreciate a new updated linux server binary, if you want me to, I can help you completly free of charge to get it running (I am a software developer).

Thanks in advance :)

On 9.5.2018 at 7:09 PM, Przemek_kondor said:

More or less. I am still trying to figure this out. At least -server will spawn a GUI, so you will also (like with wine emulation) need Xvfb, which does not work because Xvfb has no 3D rendering support (not even with mesa) and the e.ON wrapper this "port" is using (which is not better than wine) wont start up. So no, its not working on a headless machine. Not even with workarounds. And I do not intend on running a full fledged X11 environment on my server.

Besides I am not sure if the server will run without the steam api beeing present...