SSgt 'Ice Cold' Sykes

Loosing interface and controls after conncting to any drone

I'm having this weird issue where,  20 seconds after connecting to any drone (be it UAV or UGV) i totally loose control of it as well as the interface and action menu wich. So i'm stuck watching an (often) burning wreck and can't do nothing but press escape and restart the mission. Now in MP i have been able to respawn but even then i can't move or look around. I can only shoot, throw grenades, reload and open the inventory.

Also, when the drone is created (either assembled from a bag or spawned using createVehicle command) after the same time it disappears from the list of available Drones in the UAV terminal.C67A5BAFE544D6B0F3BA7AB55A5F15548ABB9796

This all happened to me in a modified (by me) version of Xeno's co40 Domination!.

I'm sure the problem doesn't come from Xeno's code because i tried reproducing the bug in the original version of the mission and it didn't happen.

However, in my mission it happens every time. Clearly the problem belongs somewhere in my code but i simply have no idea where and what to look for !

3 hours ago, SSgt 'Ice Cold' Sykes said:

Clearly the problem belongs somewhere in my code but i simply have no idea where and what to look for !

Neither will we until you share your code.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Harzach said:

Neither will we until you share your code.

I do know but I won't tell.

Spoiler

:yay:

Cheers

• Haha 2

Well i was hoping something similar happened to someone or that you could give me a general idea of what to look for like what could cause the loss of control/the ui. If i were to share my code i'd simply won't know what to share because, as i said i have no idea what can cause this. I never touched anything related to drones so i really don't know where it comes from.

Share your mission file, then. If you could tell us what you did edit, that would be helpful.

Domi is a fairly complex mission and is easy to break. You have added quite a bit to it. I'd recommend going back and adding one thing at a time, then testing. At some point the problem will return and you'll know the cause.

If someone does happen to have an idea of what could be causing this, that would be cool too!

• Like 1

From Xeno's changenote :

Update: 20 May @ 12:51pm

- Fixed: When With AI is enabled do not delete UAV AI [...]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So apparently this issue only appears when UAV AI is deleted while a player is controlling the UAV.