Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The laser targets have a side AFAIK, so friendlies should only fire at opposite side targets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kremator said:

The laser targets have a side AFAIK, so friendlies should only fire at opposite side targets.

 

I'm not sure if that's the case here. What I can definitely sure is I'm indeed suffering blu-on-blu from AI' paveway attack becuz of this laser target created by Taliban mortar(epic isn't 😆)

I tasted with VcomArti on and off.

Note that these happened in EdenEditor scenario preview runs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to make sure is it normal with VCOM artillery pieces creating laser targets on opponent side.

If so I can find workaround with it in making my scenario with that knowledge. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe that has been asked before but I'll do it again:

Can you toggle "Vcm_Disable"? 
To explain what I mean: We have a Zeus module which basically just executes `setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true, true];` on the group of a unit. That so far works. Using debug I can also see, that if its set to true the AI will not use VCOM to react to fire. 
NOw I build this module so it will act as a toggle. If it detects "true" it will set it to false and vice versa. But if I toggle it to false I can see that the AI is still (after it was set to true previously) not reacting with VCOM AI. Is this by design? Or is this a bug? Or is this even not possible?

Another question I have:
I see that VCOM AI has AI skills per side. Would it be possible to also add some way where you can assign different AI skills  per faction class? The issue is that OPFOR and INDFOR have insurgent factions and both have bigger armies in some mods. So lowering the skill set of INDFOR can in the end mean that a bigger, well trained army, fights on the same level as some insurgent cell. You think this could somehow be possible? (If you want me to post this on Github, tell me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where I can find the licensing agreement for Vcom or permissions.  I've look on the Git, armaholic and Steam but I can't seem to find it.  I would like to update it in my mod, Martial Law to the latest one and would really like to have the full consent of the creator.  Here is the link to my mod on steam Steam link and the Github for it Martial Law Github

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 3:21 AM, gerhart said:

Does anyone know where I can find the licensing agreement for Vcom or permissions.  I've look on the Git, armaholic and Steam but I can't seem to find it.  I would like to update it in my mod, Martial Law to the latest one and would really like to have the full consent of the creator.  Here is the link to my mod on steam Steam link and the Github for it Martial Law Github

 

Edit to your hearts content

 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:04 AM, Moon_chilD said:

Maybe that has been asked before but I'll do it again:

Can you toggle "Vcm_Disable"? 
To explain what I mean: We have a Zeus module which basically just executes `setVariable ["Vcm_Disable", true, true];` on the group of a unit. That so far works. Using debug I can also see, that if its set to true the AI will not use VCOM to react to fire. 
NOw I build this module so it will act as a toggle. If it detects "true" it will set it to false and vice versa. But if I toggle it to false I can see that the AI is still (after it was set to true previously) not reacting with VCOM AI. Is this by design? Or is this a bug? Or is this even not possible?

Another question I have:
I see that VCOM AI has AI skills per side. Would it be possible to also add some way where you can assign different AI skills  per faction class? The issue is that OPFOR and INDFOR have insurgent factions and both have bigger armies in some mods. So lowering the skill set of INDFOR can in the end mean that a bigger, well trained army, fights on the same level as some insurgent cell. You think this could somehow be possible? (If you want me to post this on Github, tell me)

This is a late response...but here goes anyway.

 

You cannot toggle Vcm_disable unfortunately. Although that would be a good idea. What you CAN do is set vcm_disable to false, and then run this code "_group spawn VCM_fnc_SQUADBEH;" , which will execute Vcom on the group again.

 

The reason for this is that the scheduler I use just skips squads that have been disabled, I did this intentionally to save on precious FPS in an infinite loop that constantly checks for AI groups - although there are simple work-arounds as above.

 

 

As for your 2nd question, vcom now supports classname based skill settings. However, this can be quite tedious....but possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious I have not use this in a while. Does it improve AI driving. Does it not allow them to mow over a group of guys just waking down the roadside.  

 

Does the AI groups still always move in fast speed even if there is no threat or any presents of the enemy in the area. That was one of the main reasons I stop using it because patrol units not in combat would be acting like they were. Avibird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took this new build for a quick spin last nite  -impressive, definitely has its own feel for a new type of AI experience. The AI vaulting over things just brings so much life to them - i added those combat somersault animations and it can play out pretty bada$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But will a group move or walk slow when no enemy present in a AO and will the AI driver just roll up on a whole squad just waking down the road and kill most of them and not even stop or slow down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 2:53 AM, loopdk said:

cant finde the changelog eighter at github ore steam?

Believe its on the steam page - just not in the changelog

 

On 8/17/2020 at 11:40 AM, avibird 1 said:

Just curious I have not use this in a while. Does it improve AI driving. Does it not allow them to mow over a group of guys just waking down the roadside.  

 

Does the AI groups still always move in fast speed even if there is no threat or any presents of the enemy in the area. That was one of the main reasons I stop using it because patrol units not in combat would be acting like they were. Avibird

On 8/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, avibird 1 said:

But will a group move or walk slow when no enemy present in a AO and will the AI driver just roll up on a whole squad just waking down the road and kill most of them and not even stop or slow down.

There is an experimental driving option. It is what it says it is. Experimental. It attempts to prevent AI from running over friendlies, it also helps them navigate around obstacles that AI would normally run into without second thought (Think of sandbags in the middle of a road). It is however, not perfect.

 

I can't remember the last time the AI moved in fast speed....so no. That is an option you can toggle now, and it only impacts them in combat. Vcom really doesn't do much until the AI get into combat.

 

On 8/17/2020 at 1:23 PM, froggyluv said:

Took this new build for a quick spin last nite  -impressive, definitely has its own feel for a new type of AI experience. The AI vaulting over things just brings so much life to them - i added those combat somersault animations and it can play out pretty bada$$

Combat somersault animations? Whatttt are you talking about. That sounds silly and fun.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @genesis92x good to hear that was one of the reasons I stopped using it because they I continue to move fast even when no threat was in the area. Question for you can your AI script be used with GAIA. GAIA can be used with other AI scripts or vanilla behavior. I usually like to have a few different AI behaviors in a mission along with some vanilla behavior units. A good mixture makes for a more unpredictable AI behavior. I would love to try Vcom with GAIA units in the same mission.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey @genesis92x good to hear that was one of the reasons I stopped using it because they I continue to move fast even when no threat was in the area. Question for you can your AI script be used with GAIA. GAIA can be used with other AI scripts or vanilla behavior. I usually like to have a few different AI behaviors in a mission along with some vanilla behavior units. A good mixture makes for a more unpredictable AI behavior. I would love to try Vcom with GAIA units in the same mission.

 

I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. In general, it's not a good idea to mix AI mods. You would have to give it a test.

 

I am unaware of what GAIA actually does to make a good guess on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GAIA works on more of a macro level and has a code line to use if you don't want certain groups of AI to utilize GAIA. So yes you can have different AI enhancement running with it as long as the other AI enhancement doesn't overwrite GAIA ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I need enhanced movement mod for AI to be utilize those moves, or is it bundled with new VCOM AI mod altogether?

I already always use enhanced movement, so there's no issue whatsoever in any case. Just wanna make sure. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Vcom is compatible with LAMBS? Love this script so far 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genesis92x, Hi. First: I have to Thank you for this mod. In my opinion, VCOM AI is as essential to playing arma as a keyboard and mouse. 100% from the heart, THANK YOU! 

 

Second: A truly random combat situation arose from the use of vcom ai,  in my missions. I want to share this story with you and everyone else in the hopes that there is some way to PURPOSELY recreate this situation with VCOM.

 

The story: Our team was engaging the enemy from a bunker. We had brought out a custom ammo crate with us and stored it in the bunker. The enemy encircled us, breached our perimeter and overran the bunker. VCOM AI working as intended! 😎 But that is when the magic happened. An enemy AI, low on ammo, made his way into the bunker. He grabbed a few mags, then he took out our claymores, BOBBY TRAPPED the ammo crate and just sat there, waiting for us. We never saw it coming. During a lull in combat the WHOLE team rushed to the ammo crate to resupply. The second he saw us enter the building he detonated the claymores. There were no survivors. Now, I have been bombed out of a building by AI demolition experts, had every unattended vehicle stolen and been killed by my own weapon systems. But I have never had an AI mine my resources and then just wait for me. Brutal! and I want to have it every game now 🤯 

 

The question: Is it possible to add a protocol that will make AI lay mines/charges around ammo crates and vehicles on the battlefield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twiznak said:

Genesis92x, Hi. First: I have to Thank you for this mod. In my opinion, VCOM AI is as essential to playing arma as a keyboard and mouse. 100% from the heart, THANK YOU! 

 

Second: A truly random combat situation arose from the use of vcom ai,  in my missions. I want to share this story with you and everyone else in the hopes that there is some way to PURPOSELY recreate this situation with VCOM.

 

The story: Our team was engaging the enemy from a bunker. We had brought out a custom ammo crate with us and stored it in the bunker. The enemy encircled us, breached our perimeter and overran the bunker. VCOM AI working as intended! 😎 But that is when the magic happened. An enemy AI, low on ammo, made his way into the bunker. He grabbed a few mags, then he took out our claymores, BOBBY TRAPPED the ammo crate and just sat there, waiting for us. We never saw it coming. During a lull in combat the WHOLE team rushed to the ammo crate to resupply. The second he saw us enter the building he detonated the claymores. There were no survivors. Now, I have been bombed out of a building by AI demolition experts, had every unattended vehicle stolen and been killed by my own weapon systems. But I have never had an AI mine my resources and then just wait for me. Brutal! and I want to have it every game now 🤯 

 

The question: Is it possible to add a protocol that will make AI lay mines/charges around ammo crates and vehicles on the battlefield?

 

Emergent AI. The most enjoyable form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@genesis92x question for you does Vcon AI generate waypoints for vehicles in the dense forest and other areas really not attainable for vehicles. I am thinking about switching over some of my missions using Vcom not sure how it issues waypoints the vehicles. Some script mods handle it very well others do not. will it only generate waypoints on roads that vehicles can get to ?reading through your information I see there's a code to put in if you do not want a particular AI group to be used by Vcom. Avibird

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, genesis92x said:

Combat somersault animations? Whatttt are you talking about. That sounds silly and fun.

 

"ActsPercMrunSlowWrflDf_FlipFlopPara"

 

Think its from Arma 2 but is loaded into the Iron Front Mod which i usually have running so i can call it. I use it for Special Forces guys when they are under fire. Also will your Enhanced Movement guys scale small rock face at all? I just love seeing those guys were you dont normally suspect them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I need some confirmation. I recently started using the Vcom again I have not used it in a few years. I have been using GAIA to populate AO and for my enhanced AI behavior.

 

1. I downloaded the mod through steam.  I see it working but I don't see a userconfig folder in my steam app common ect Pathway. I have a file patching enabled from startup parameters but do need to make a user config folder. I use a few other mods consistently that I don't have any issues with CUP MCC4 enhance movements ect. 

 

2. After a group is controlled by Vcom and the threat is eliminated will the group just sit around for new orders or will Vcom issue new patrol orders ? The reason why is I am trying to see if GAIA is compatible with Vcom. Gaia will contol patrols in smaller areas and I want Vcom used a the main reinforcements to the multiple AO in this mission. Gaia will keep issuing new move orders around a set zone (AO) or I can give it the ability to move out of its zone. What I am seeing Vcom will take over the gaia units when in combat mode but when the threat is eliminated the group will go back to gaia and continued its random generated waypoints within the zone while the units only under Vcom will just sit around waiting for the action to occur again. Does this sound right with vcom or does it issue continuous waypoints even when not in combat mode?

 

3. Using the vanilla patrol radius option works as well. Units will spawn inside houses with a move waypoint with a 100-200 meter radius for patrol. The units will patrol until contact Vcom then takes over. Once the contact is eliminated the units will continue on their patrol random generated waypoints. Very cool to see. Before I used Vcom the units would just walk about their business with gunfire on the other side of the town which looks pretty dumb lol.

 

4. I don't see the units using the enhance movement function? Perhaps because no userconfig folder? 

 

What I am seeing right now vcom and gaia can work together so I think I found the best of both worlds. input would be greatly appreciated still testing the 2 mods together avibird

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@genesis92x or anyone else who may know this answer. I believe I found a bug or compatibility issue I really hoping there's an easy fix for it.

 

When using team switch to a different group of units from your side you lose all squat voice communication you can't hear squad mates call out targets for help or any auditory communication. If you team switch within your group you can. It appears to happen when you team switch out of your group. Has this been reported before or a new issue. 

 

This mission has two squats of 8 units each this mission is for a single player to control or 2-16 players. I really hope there's a easy fix for this the mod makes encounters so much better and definitely last longer becau se of the AI combat behavior. Avibird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@genesis92x with some more test playing it appears to be a conflict with Zeus or just team switch into a different friendly group. I'm able to team switch into  any member of my original  group with no issues I hear the group chatter but once a jump into Zeus all the team charter communication is lost if I switch into a second playable group. i will not even see orders on the screen the group units follow all commands but verbal confirmation of orders issued are not heard or seen.  Does anybody else play with Vcom and Zeus who does not have this issue. Avibird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×